"Geist Wall",
"Soporific",
"Cocoon",
"Wild Carrot",
"Healing Breeze",
"Refueling",
"Stinking Gas",
"Poison Breath"

However, another PLD friend doesn't use Healing Breeze, Wild Carrot or Refueling and instead uses "Bomb Toss", "Bludgeon" and "Headbutt"
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-07-03 13:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

its super funny when you land a headbutt stun on a NM.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [284 days between previous and next post]
By Felgarr 2020-04-12 03:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Every once in a while, I take a look at my group and I find that /BLU isn't the silver bullet some folks make it out to be.

As my linkshell members try new jobs or bring in their alts (of varying levels of progression), I find that I have to modify my /BLU set on occassion.

I switched from the set this thread mentions, which is a bit defensive, some spells don't get cast as much and exist for their passive traits (Wild Carrot, Healing Breeze, etc):
Code
[ "Blank Gaze", "Jettatura", "Sheep Song", 
"Geist Wall", "Soporific", "Cocoon", 
"Refueling", "Stinking Gas", "Wild Carrot", 
"Healing Breeze", "Poison Breath" ]
to this set, which I call a more offeneive /NLU spell set:
Code
[ "Blank Gaze", "Jettatura", "Sheep Song", 
"Geist Wall", "Soporific", "Cocoon",
"Refueling", "Stinking Gas", "Bludgeon",
"Magnetite Cloud", "Head Butt" ]

Yes, it is mostly the same, except that I swap out Poison Breath (which doesn't do much for Emnity gain due to low damage, but did act as an 'attention grabber'. I added Bludgeon, Head Butt and Magnetite Cloud. The first 2 spells increase the number of hate tools I have (even if they're single target, BUT they are LOW MP cost and very fast to cast. The 3rd Magnetite Cloud, is an AoE spell that deals damage, but is AoE unlike (Poison Breath). It offers a Magic Defense Bonus trait. Also, I am hesitant to include too many damage-dealing AoE spells as they can inadvertently wake slept mobs. I kept Refueling in-case I need to Haste myself or if my Haste/Song does get dispelled and there isn't anyone else in range to Haste me.

My primary motivation for keeping my /BLU spells rotating is that, I frequently tank in all kinds of end-game content and pull things in large groups in Dynamis-D. I notice that depending on the jobs we have that day, our kill-speed varies and I need to have more (or fewer) hate tools, depending on the length of time that each pull of mobs is expected to live.

Let me know what you guys think and if there are any other /BLU spells tanks should consider adding. How about Sandspin, for example?

Thoughts?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-12 05:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, firstly, Magnetite Cloud alone will not give you the magic defense bonus trait on /BLU. Additional trait points are required, and /BLU can't set any of the other spells that could contribute. Also, both Magnetite Cloud, and Poison breath are conal AoE. And Magnetite cloud has an appalling MP cost(86 mp) for a low enmity, conal, tag spell.

And in any case, if you're willing to deal dmg and possibly wake up mobs to tag for hatelist, well. Banishga.

The only purpose that Bludgeon and headbutt could possibly fill here is to tag a mob to get on the hatelist. And being that they will provide virtually no enmity, and would have to be followed up with an additional action in order to actually get hate anyway, there seems to be little point to me. With capped magic haste, blank gaze's recast should be right around the 3 second global spell cooldown. So you should basically always be able to cast it again as soon as you're able to cast at all again.

Sandspin actually seems like a decent option to me. It has extremely low MP cost, recast, set point cost(2), and even a fast casting time. It's shortcomings would be the fact that it deals DMG and could wake mobs up, and that it's crap enmity. It also only has a 6' radius around the player, whereas Banishga is a 10' radius AoE around the mob. And I would only ever use sandspin is all 4 of the other AoE enmity spells were down.

Some thoughts on additional spells that may be usable.

Sound Blast
6' caster centered non-damaging AoE.
320 VE, 1 CE. basically half the other AoE enmity spells. And it's the worse half, but at least it's got some enmity.
25 MP
30 sec recast
1 Blu setpoint

Chaotic Eye
Single target, non damaging tag spell.
320 VE, 1 CE
13 MP
10 second recast.
2 blu setpoints
Should extremely spammable, and actually has a bit of enmity.

Cursed sphere
6' target centered AoE
Deals dmg.
36 MP
20 sec recast
2 blu setpoints
This would have been a lot more appealing before PLD could use banishga. Lower MP cost than banishga, but smaller AoE too.

Blastbomb is basically cursed sphere v2, cept with a potentially very annoying bind effect, in the rare cases it lands.

But seriously now, these spells suck. Where's my foil equivalent and flashga, SE!?
By Felgarr 2020-04-12 05:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Well, firstly, Magnetite Cloud alone will not give you the magic defense bonus trait on /BLU. Additional trait points are required, and /BLU can't set any of the other spells that could contribute. Also, both Magnetite Cloud, and Poison breath are conal AoE. And Magnetite cloud has an appalling MP cost(86 mp) for a low enmity, conal, tag spell.

And in any case, if you're willing to deal dmg and possibly wake up mobs to tag for hatelist, well. Banishga.

The only purpose that Bludgeon and headbutt could possibly fill here is to tag a mob to get on the hatelist. And being that they will provide virtually no enmity, and would have to be followed up with an additional action in order to actually get hate anyway, there seems to be little point to me. With capped magic haste, blank gaze's recast should be right around the 3 second global spell cooldown. So you should basically always be able to cast it again as soon as you're able to cast at all again.

Sandspin actually seems like a decent option to me. It has extremely low MP cost, recast, set point cost(2), and even a fast casting time. It's shortcomings would be the fact that it deals DMG and could wake mobs up, and that it's crap enmity. It also only has a 6' radius around the player, whereas Banishga is a 10' radius AoE around the mob. And I would only ever use sandspin is all 4 of the other AoE enmity spells were down.

Some thoughts on additional spells that may be usable.

Sound Blast
6' caster centered non-damaging AoE.
320 VE, 1 CE. basically half the other AoE enmity spells. And it's the worse half, but at least it's got some enmity.
25 MP
30 sec recast
1 Blu setpoint

Chaotic Eye
Single target, non damaging tag spell.
320 VE, 1 CE
13 MP
10 second recast.
2 blu setpoints
Should extremely spammable, and actually has a bit of enmity.

Cursed sphere
6' target centered AoE
Deals dmg.
36 MP
20 sec recast
2 blu setpoints
This would have been a lot more appealing before PLD could use banishga. Lower MP cost than banishga, but smaller AoE too.

Blastbomb is basically cursed sphere v2, cept with a potentially very annoying bind effect, in the rare cases it lands.

But seriously now, these spells suck. Where's my foil equivalent and flashga, SE!?

Total agree re: Flashga and PLD-Foil-Equivalent (just make Reprisal do the same thing, WTF SE?!).

Umm...yes, you are correct re: Job Traits and that's what I get for writing this ~5AM. I was avoiding mentioning Banishga because I was hoping /BLU spells could exclusively be used to get hate (and gain enmity, so that a follow up action isn't required, as you described), without waking mobs. (Therefore, banishga would have been the go-to for 'I need to get some crap enmity, even if it wakes things up').

Many of your points for diminishing the value of some of these /BLU spells are entirely valid, but I also can't guarantee I'll have Magic Haste capped (or Haste2) cast on me or even any haste at all when I'm tanking. (Did you notice Refueling in my spells list for that purpose?) ;)

But given all that, what /BLU spells do you use on a regular basis?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-04-12 07:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

I tend to use the same /BLU spells on PLD as I do on RUN:
Sheep Song, Jettatura, Blank Gaze, Geist Wall, Soporific, Stinking Gas, Cocoon,Healing Breeze, Wild Carrot, Refueling.

If you have a BST in your group, you could change some spells to align with the killer traits.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-04-12 16:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Utility spells. The ones I actually cast.
Cocoon
Blank Gaze
Jettatura
Geist wall
Sheep Song
Soporific
Stinking Gas
Sound Blast

I just added Sound Blast after reconsidering my spell set. It's nice that it's only 1 set point.

Spells set for stats or traits.
Pollen HP+5,
Screwdriver HP+10, VIT/CHR+1
Wild Oats HP+10, CHR+1
Healing Breeze HP+10

12 spells 30/30 set points.

You might note the lack of Refueling. I dualbox a mage alt, so I'm always getting at least haste I, so I never need self haste.

I was setting Wild Carrot before, but there's no reason to ever cast it on PLD, and swapping it to Screwdriver or Wilds Oats gets me +10 hp rather than +5 for the same set point cost. It's part of the resist sleep trait combo, but PLD has native resist sleep.

There's also no reason to ever cast healing breeze anymore with Majesty cures. But it still has HP+10, and it's part of the auto-regen trait. Even if I dropped it, there's nothing I could swap in that would give more HP.

I suppose I could drop it for more utility spells, like chaotic eye and sandspin, etc, but as you may have seen in some of my recent sets post, I'm really struggling to keep HP at 3K+ in some of those sets.

Removing Wild Carrot could be slightly annoying when I change to RUN/BLU. Although, I tend to forget I have Wild Carrot when I'm on RUN, and the amount it cures is pathetic. And I still have healing breeze for waking up the party. I might want to swap wild carrot back in just for resist sleep on RUN though.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Chiquitito
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Chiquitito 2020-06-29 12:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: So are the SPIRD peices paired along with a FC set in precast or would that not be needed since assuming you reach the 102% cap, you won't be interrupted while casting. Just trying to figure out whether or not to make a SPIRD/DT/Enmity set or if i can just use it in precast with some fast cast pieces or do they have to stay on entire time spell is being casted?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-06-29 12:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

SIRD is calculated on hit. So you have to be wearing the SIRD gear when you get hit for it to prevent interruption. So it's going to need to be on midcast.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chiquitito
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Chiquitito 2020-06-29 12:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it Thank You!
By Numquam 2020-06-29 13:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, can you show it in the lua format. I'm trying to do the same thing for RUN.
By Wotasu 2020-06-29 16:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

sets.precast.FC is on for a split .1 second so you you dont need SIRD in precast.
Code
sets.midcast['Phalanx'].SIRD =  {
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head={ name="Fu. Bandeau +3", augments={'Enhances "Battuta" effect',}},
    body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
    hands={ name="Taeon Gloves", augments={'Mag. Evasion+20','Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
    legs={ name="Carmine Cuisses +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Attack+12','"Dual Wield"+6',}},
    feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Mag. Evasion+16','Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
    neck="Moonlight Necklace",
    waist="Audumbla Sash",
    left_ear="Tuisto Earring",
    right_ear="Magnetic Earring",
    left_ring="Defending Ring",
    right_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
	}
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2020-09-03 23:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Where I'm I losing HP swapping gearsets?

Precast 3031 HP
-- Quick Magic 2%, SIRD 40% + 10% merits, FC 61%
ammo="Impatiens",--SIRD 10% QC 2%
head={ name="Carmine Mask", augments={'Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+3',}},--FC12%
body="Rev. Surcoat +3",--FC 10%
hands="Regal Gauntlets",--SIRD 10%
legs="Enif Cosciales",--FC8%
feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','"Fast Cast"+4','INT+3','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+3',}},--FC 9% SIRD 20%
neck={ name="Unmoving Collar +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Audumbla Sash",--SIRD 10%
left_ear="Loquac. Earring",--FC 2%
right_ear="Tuisto Earring",
left_ring={name="Moonbeam Ring", bag="Wardrobe 2"},
right_ring={name="Moonbeam Ring", bag="Wardrobe 4"},
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'"Fast Cast"+10',}},--FC 10%

Midcast 3294 HP
-- SIRD 100% + 10% merits
ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
body={ name="Souv. Cuirass +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
legs={ name="Founder's Hose", augments={'MND+8','Mag. Acc.+14','Attack+13','Breath dmg. taken -3%',}},
feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Weapon Skill Acc.+3','MND+6','Mag. Acc.+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12',}},
neck="Moonbeam Necklace",
waist="Audumbla Sash",
left_ear="Cryptic Earring",
back={ name="Weard Mantle", augments={'VIT+1','DEX+3','Enmity+4','Phalanx +4',}},

After cast 3178 HP
sets.Engaged.DT = {
ammo="Staunch Tathlum", --2
head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
body={ name="Souv. Cuirass +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},--10+8 for 4pc. Souveran
hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},--4
legs="Chev. Cuisses +1",--6 phy
feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},--5 phy
neck="Unmoving Collar +1",
waist="Flume Belt",
left_ear="Cessance Earring",
right_ear="Thureous Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",--10
right_ring="Vocane Ring +1",--7
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Damage taken-5%',}},--5

Swapping this gear drops to 2711
Any advice plz.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-09-03 23:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap swaps your pieces left to right and top to bottom if you don't tell it otherwise. So Main>Sub>Ranged>Ammo>Head>Neck>etc. You're losing HP when you equip head and earrings from your idle gear to your FC gear. Possibly other slots too but those are the blatantly obvious ones.

You'll need to add priorities next to relevant gear.

So instead of
Code
 head={ name="Carmine Mask", augments={'Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+3',}},--FC12%

You'd want
Code
 head={ name="Carmine Mask", augments={'Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+3',}, priority=1},--FC12%

and so on. Higher number priority gets equipped first. So priority 2 is equipped before priority 1. Basically on every set you have, you want to look at HP changes in each slot and low priority negative ones while high priority positive ones. Leaving priority off is basically the same as priority 0.

If you're only looking at keeping HP up you can mark all HP gaining swaps as priority=1 and leave everything else blank. I prefer to have things tiered a bit just so I know how to mess with slots when going backwards.
By Felgarr 2020-09-04 00:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I was under the impression SIRD only works in the midcast set (and is not needed in the pre-cast set).

Edit: This was asked and answered just a few posts above. Thanks Martel.
 Sylph.Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2020-09-04 00:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd want
Code
 head={ name="Carmine Mask", augments={'Accuracy+15','Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+3',}, priority=1},--FC12%

If you're only looking at keeping HP up you can mark all HP gaining swaps as priority=1 and leave everything else blank. I prefer to have things tiered a bit just so I know how to mess with slots when going backwards.[/quote]

Thank you for this advice.
As far as the precast, I don't have 100^ SIRD, That gear is needed to keep up my HP or FC. with SIRD.

I'll mess with it tomorrow. Didn't know about the priority=1. That sounds promising. Thank you!
So would I do this on a non augment pc.
right_ear={ name="Tuisto Earring",priority=1}, or
right_ear="Tuisto Earring",priority=1, this?
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2020-09-04 01:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

right_ear={ name="Tuisto Earring",priority=1}
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-09-04 07:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mozhat said: »
Where I'm I losing HP swapping gearsets?

Precast 3031 HP
-- Quick Magic 2%, SIRD 40% + 10% merits, FC 61%
ammo="Impatiens",--SIRD 10% QC 2%
body="Rev. Surcoat +3",--FC 10%
hands="Regal Gauntlets",--SIRD 10%
legs="Enif Cosciales",--FC8%
feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+18 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+18','"Fast Cast"+4','INT+3','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+3',}},--FC 9% SIRD 20%
neck={ name="Unmoving Collar +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Audumbla Sash",--SIRD 10%
left_ear="Loquac. Earring",--FC 2%
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'"Fast Cast"+10',}},--FC 10%

Midcast 3294 HP
-- SIRD 100% + 10% merits
ammo="Staunch Tathlum",
body={ name="Souv. Cuirass +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
legs={ name="Founder's Hose", augments={'MND+8','Mag. Acc.+14','Attack+13','Breath dmg. taken -3%',}},
feet={ name="Odyssean Greaves", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','Weapon Skill Acc.+3','MND+6','Mag. Acc.+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+12',}},
neck="Moonbeam Necklace",
waist="Audumbla Sash",
left_ear="Cryptic Earring",
back={ name="Weard Mantle", augments={'VIT+1','DEX+3','Enmity+4','Phalanx +4',}},

After cast 3178 HP
sets.Engaged.DT = {
ammo="Staunch Tathlum", --2
body={ name="Souv. Cuirass +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},--10+8 for 4pc. Souveran
hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},--4
legs="Chev. Cuisses +1",--6 phy
feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},--5 phy
neck="Unmoving Collar +1",
waist="Flume Belt",
left_ear="Cessance Earring",
right_ear="Thureous Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",--10
right_ring="Vocane Ring +1",--7
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Damage taken-5%',}},--5

Swapping this gear drops to 2711
Any advice plz.
Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Gearswap swaps your pieces left to right and top to bottom if you don't tell it otherwise. So Main>Sub>Ranged>Ammo>Head>Neck>etc. You're losing HP when you equip head and earrings from your idle gear to your FC gear. Possibly other slots too but those are the blatantly obvious ones.

You'll need to add priorities next to relevant gear.

So instead of
Code

You'd want
Code

and so on. Higher number priority gets equipped first. So priority 2 is equipped before priority 1. Basically on every set you have, you want to look at HP changes in each slot and low priority negative ones while high priority positive ones. Leaving priority off is basically the same as priority 0.

If you're only looking at keeping HP up you can mark all HP gaining swaps as priority=1 and leave everything else blank. I prefer to have things tiered a bit just so I know how to mess with slots when going backwards.
i have posted about this here and on the official forum. Its most likely not gearswap. I suggest using equipsets and see if it continues, then try doing it the old fashioned way of changing each slot through the macro command i.e.
/equip head "gimp mask"
/equip legs "leather pants"
/equip neck "ball gag"
Ect.
I experienced the HP loss with both gearswap and gearsets but not the old school way, leaving it to something involving coding. There's nothing you can do about except use the original macro swapping mechanics. It sucks but hey that's FFXI

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forum.php?_ga=2.215987409.711875033.1599221119-1542608909.1582716856#threads/56265?page=1
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-09-04 08:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If its not swapping correctly for you, you need to take a look at all of your sets, ive also found that you can lose hp going from your midcast back into your idle/engaged set. That also can be the culprit for your HP loss.
Code
    sets.precast.FC = {    ammo={name="Egoist's Tathlum", priority=15},
    head={ name="Carmine Mask +1", augments={'HP+80','STR+12','INT+12',}},
    body="Rev. Surcoat +3",
    hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
    legs={ name="Souv. Diechlings +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
    feet={ name="Carmine Greaves +1", augments={'HP+80','STR+12','INT+12',}},
    neck={ name="Dualism Collar +1", priority=15},
    waist= {name="Creed Baudrier", priority=15},
    left_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
    right_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring", priority=15},
    left_ring="Weather. Ring",
    right_ring="Moonlight Ring",
    back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}},}

sets.midcast.SIRD = {    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head={ name="Souv. Schaller +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',},priority=15},
    legs={ name="Founder's Hose", augments={'MND+6','Mag. Acc.+6',}},
    neck="Moonlight Necklace",
    waist={ name="Creed Baudrier", priority=13},
    right_ear="Knightly Earring",
	left_ring={name="Vexer Ring +1",priority=14},
    back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}},priority=13}

sets.midcast.Phalanx = set_combine(sets.midcast.FastRecast, {
        head={ name="Yorium Barbuta", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -8%','Phalanx +3',}},
        body={ name="Yorium Cuirass", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -8%','Phalanx +3',}},
        hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+65','Shield skill +15','Phys. dmg. taken -4',}},
        legs={ name="Yorium Cuisses", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -9%','Phalanx +3',}},
        feet={ name="Souveran Schuhs +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}},
        waist={ name="Creed Baudrier", priority=15},
        left_ear={ name="Odnowa Earring +1", priority=15},
        right_ear={ name="Tuisto Earring", priority=15},
        left_ring={ name="Moonbeam Ring", priority=15},
        back={ name="Weard Mantle", augments={'VIT+2','DEX+2','Enmity+5','Phalanx +4',}},
		neck={ name="Dualism Collar +1", priority=15},})
    sets.midcast.Phalanx.SIRD = set_combine(sets.midcast.SIRD, sets.midcast.Phalanx, {neck="Moonlight Necklace"})	

sets.idle = { 
		body="Rev. Surcoat +3",
		hands={ name="Souv. Handsch. +1", augments={'HP+65','Shield skill +15','Phys. dmg. taken -4',}},
		legs={ name="Souv. Diechlings +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}, priority=15},
		feet="Rev. Leggings +3",
		neck={ name="Kgt. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}, priority=15},
		waist="Flume Belt",
		right_ear="Ethereal Earring",
		back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Mag. Evasion+15',}},}

sets.engaged = {
    body="Rev. Surcoat +3",
    legs={ name="Souv. Diechlings +1", augments={'HP+105','Enmity+9','Potency of "Cure" effect received +15%',}, priority=15},
    feet="Rev. Leggings +3",
    neck={ name="Kgt. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}, priority=15},
    waist="Flume Belt",
    right_ear="Ethereal Earring",
    back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity+10','Mag. Evasion+15',}},}
 Sylph.Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2020-09-04 18:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mozhat said: »
You'd want
Code

Thank you for this advice.
As far as the precast, I don't have 100^ SIRD, That gear is needed to keep up my HP or FC. with SIRD.

I'll mess with it tomorrow. Didn't know about the priority=1. That sounds promising. Thank you!

I worked on my PLDlua today, HaPpy Camper, Most HP loss I see now is around 130. Maintain 3000+ w/o food 4000+ max HP.
Thank you for showing me about priority, works great^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Server: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-11-29 20:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

is there anyway to autoset the blu spells ? azuresets doesnt work on /blu
By Aricomfy 2020-11-29 20:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Daviant said: »
is there anyway to autoset the blu spells ? azuresets doesnt work on /blu

Make a PLD spell set with azuresets called "pld". Change job to BLU before you change to PLD. Set spells to your new "pld" set. Change jobs to PLD/BLU. You'll have everything set.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [173 days between previous and next post]
By Yzen 2021-05-21 14:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Any career PLD's can share their gearswap with SIRD rules and rules for /BLU incorporated - THANKS!
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-21 15:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

In theory, you should only need to put it in midcast. In practice, lag happens, so put it in precast as well. As PLD, you can't really afford to get interrupted on these long *** casts because mobs get a stupidly timed hit in on you.

sets.precast['Blue Magic'] = {legs="Founder's Hose", --30% SIRD
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1", -- 11% SIRD
body="Reverence surcoat +3",
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. Dmg. taken-10%',}},
hands="Regal Gauntlets", --10% SIRD
feet="Odyssean Greaves", --20% SIRD
neck="Knight's bead necklace +2",
waist="Audumbla sash", --10% SIRD
head="Souveran Schaller +1", --20% SIRD
ear1="Tuisto Earring",
ear2="Odnowa earring +1",
ring1="Moonlight Ring",
ring2="Moonlight Ring"} --10% from merits

The only variance in precast and midcast is fast cast cape changes to enmity cape and fast cast odyssean greaves changes to enmity odyssean greaves. Caps SIRD, 48% PDT, maintains 3200 HP.
By Yzen 2021-05-22 07:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the post Belkin! - I was hoping someone might be able to post a full copy of their LUA to be used to hit the ground running [after editing for gear etc] Many thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2021-05-24 11:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yzen said: »
Thanks for the post Belkin! - I was hoping someone might be able to post a full copy of their LUA to be used to hit the ground running [after editing for gear etc] Many thanks in advance.
You need to attach SIRD to Precast otherwise you get interrupted. it has nothing to do with lag, its how things work.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2021-05-24 11:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Debuffz.lua Written by Joeymills
placed in libs folder
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-05-24 12:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Yzen said: »
You need to attach SIRD to Precast otherwise you get interrupted. it has nothing to do with lag, its how things work.
No, you don't.

I've never put SIRD gear in precast. And I've never been interrupted while using my SIRD sets unless I was moving, or got stunned, etc.

That is certainly Not how it works. Gearswap sends out the precast and midcast out in the same Packet. It's equip precast, start spell, equip midcast. And the server executes that in that order instantly. There is no gap there to be hit in precast gear.

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
In theory, you should only need to put it in midcast. In practice, lag happens, so put it in precast as well. As PLD, you can't really afford to get interrupted on these long *** casts because mobs get a stupidly timed hit in on you.

sets.precast['Blue Magic'] = {legs="Founder's Hose", --30% SIRD
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1", -- 11% SIRD
body="Reverence surcoat +3",
back={ name="Rudianos's Mantle", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Phys. Dmg. taken-10%',}},
hands="Regal Gauntlets", --10% SIRD
feet="Odyssean Greaves", --20% SIRD
neck="Knight's bead necklace +2",
waist="Audumbla sash", --10% SIRD
head="Souveran Schaller +1", --20% SIRD
ear1="Tuisto Earring",
ear2="Odnowa earring +1",
ring1="Moonlight Ring",
ring2="Moonlight Ring"} --10% from merits

The only variance in precast and midcast is fast cast cape changes to enmity cape and fast cast odyssean greaves changes to enmity odyssean greaves. Caps SIRD, 48% PDT, maintains 3200 HP.
I have never seen this happen. Across Thousands of casts. Getting stuck in midcast gear? Sure. All the time. Loose an aftercast packet and you don't swap back to idle. But getting interrupted because I didn't put SIRD in precast? Never. And I have literally tens of thousands of samples for this in my logs from all the shield testing I did.

The only time I've ever seen a character get stuck with precast gear on while using gearswap, is when they spammed the spell macro before they were able to cast, or during midcast.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-24 14:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The only time I've ever seen a character get stuck with precast gear on while using gearswap, is when they spammed the spell macro before they were able to cast

My reality is that I'm a macro masher, especially when I'm multi-boxing in laggy zones like Dynamis and Odyssey. I will hit the macro 3-4 times rapid fire until I see the animation start. I'm sure that is also a reality for a lot of other people. If that is the reality for you as a player, it's probably easier just to put it in precast than to train yourself not to macro spam.

It's something that people should certainly be aware of in this context.
By DaneBlood 2021-05-24 15:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
The only time I've ever seen a character get stuck with precast gear on while using gearswap, is when they spammed the spell macro before they were able to cast

My reality is that I'm a macro masher, especially when I'm multi-boxing in laggy zones like Dynamis and Odyssey. I will hit the macro 3-4 times rapid fire until I see the animation start. I'm sure that is also a reality for a lot of other people. If that is the reality for you as a player, it's probably easier just to put it in precast than to train yourself not to macro spam.

It's something that people should certainly be aware of in this context.

Can you not have your lua check if the spell is ready to be cast and if not cancel out. no gear change from button smashing

also as far as i understand precast and midtcast are sent in the same package with the action so there is nothing that can lag from precast to midtcast. Any lag hitting one will hit the other

however due to button smashing and not checking for spell availaability will have you turn into your precast set in the midtcast phase quickly and then change to idle (still while casting from the first command)

TL:DR i dont believe it due to lag but gear change in midtcast from mashing button midtcast, that can be fixed by adjusting lua behavior
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8