Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Murgleis
Murgleis
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Mcdonalds
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2015-12-29 11:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Murgleis worth getting anymore? Friend told me it's the highest magic acc weapon in the game with AM. With Feb update this could take place of staffs minus MAB staffs?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-29 11:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Murgleis really hasn't ever been worth making. Unless you're capped or near capped Macc in all your other slots and still can't land stuff, it's not relevant.

That said, if you love RDM, it's pretty much the ultimate weapon you can make, and mythics have never been easier to make.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-12-29 11:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Murgleis really hasn't ever been worth making. Unless you're capped or near capped Macc in all your other slots and still can't land stuff, it's not relevant.

That said, if you love RDM, it's pretty much the ultimate weapon you can make, and mythics have never been easier to make.
Out of curiosity since I've not played for a year, what's changed regarding them?
VIP
By Jassik 2015-12-29 11:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »

Out of curiosity since I've not played for a year, what's changed regarding them?

I'm in the same boat, haven't played in over a year. So, I couldn't say what's changed as far as content. I never really had trouble landing what was needed with mostly average gear and whatever hot staff was around at the time. Gearing for potency, obviously, is nice, though. Murg lets you do that. But, it's main selling point is the ability to be an effective enfeebler and still contribute to DPS, especially lowman. But, lowman, who's bringing a RDM to anything?
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-12-29 12:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »

I'm in the same boat, haven't played in over a year. So, I couldn't say what's changed as far as content. I never really had trouble landing what was needed with mostly average gear and whatever hot staff was around at the time. Gearing for potency, obviously, is nice, though. Murg lets you do that. But, it's main selling point is the ability to be an effective enfeebler and still contribute to DPS, especially lowman. But, lowman, who's bringing a RDM to anything?
I actually meant in terms of Mythics, but yeah. XD
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-12-29 12:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Alex is simply easier to farm due to reduction of cool down timers and same goes for assaults.

If you mean the change that is coming in I think Feb, there is supposed to be an update to REMs to increase their damage/skill possibly putting them more on top again for most classes.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2015-12-29 14:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm, geared properly I've seen out damage most jobs, so maybe Murg is only really great for rdm soloists out there. I just didn't know if people who have use to land enfeebs or whatever have you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-12-29 14:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well. You have to ask yourself. Is 210M+ in Alexandrite, plus all of the other time sinks for the Mythic quests worth making it, just so you can have an unmeasurable amount of added Magic Accuracy that's only available during the 4.5 mins that the Aftermath is active?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2015-12-29 14:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it is, if it is to that player, LS or even group doing anything where M.acc is an issue such as Blind or silence on Ilvl 140+ nms, as well as the added effect from the WS itself the real issue is, if you can justify a part timer going through the time and effort. A Full time main job then yes it is 100% wanted, not needed unless you are seriously lacking the other gear slots. Add up your total M.acc (gear spells stats) and see what you would assume need for anything 140+ and see which other jobs have what rdm has for that. If any at all other than RDM id be amazed. With new Reisenjima gear as well as all the buffs from vorseals you can see 200+ on augments add in 15~20 per slot on the gear before augments so call it 75~100 there. not counting anything you may be able to get on Dark Matter augments, there is a TON you can have and still not be able to land as well as a Rdm.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-29 14:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I never use the 1st AM for magic accuracy. It already has a lot of magic acc without AM. The T3 AM is what I use for the OaToT. I swing my swords at Hundred Fists speed with only my own buffs. RDM has a ridiculous amount of multi-attack with Temper2 + gear + AM3.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2015-12-29 15:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
I never use the 1st AM for magic accuracy. It already has a lot of magic acc without AM. The T3 AM is what I use for the OaToT. I swing my swords at Hundred Fists speed with only my own buffs. RDM has a ridiculous amount of multi-attack with Temper2 + gear + AM3.

I can imagine. I finished 2100 rdm now. So my goal is to do what you're doing, Protey. What sub sword are you using?
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-29 16:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mcdonalds said: »

I can imagine. I finished 2100 rdm now. So my goal is to do what you're doing, Protey. What sub sword are you using?

Demersal Degen +1
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-12-29 17:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Demersal Degen +1
That thing is beautiful... I've missed so much in my absence. D:
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-01-01 09:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The boost coming in February to RME's has many excited (and in particular to Murgleis owners) because not only will it be increasing the base damage and skill level(s) on the weapon, Murgleis will finally be getting some magic damage on it, which is just lovely and has been missing since they 119'ed the weapons.

RDM and BLU will benefit so much from this increase it isn't even fair.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-01-01 09:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The boost coming in February to RME's has many excited (and in particular to Murgleis owners) because not only will it be increasing the base damage and skill level(s) on the weapon, Murgleis will finally be getting some magic damage on it, which is just lovely and has been missing since they 119'ed the weapons.

There is a rumor floating around that OAT2-3 is becoming OAT2-4(Or maybe 3-4) also.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-01-01 10:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

There is a rumor floating around that OAT2-3 is becoming OAT2-4(Or maybe 3-4) also.

If they did that, that means the DPS will sky rocket for all melee. Which is good. SE favors mages too much, but very farfetched. That could definitely bring melee jobs back in a big way. If they did that, then that means Aeonic weapons must be out of this world come SCs. They're updating rem to stay in line with the new weapons. I still won't believe 2-4 or 3-4 until that's officially announced.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-01-01 10:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a rumor
Coming from where? From within SE dev team lunge room? Cause if that isn't the source then...well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-01 11:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumor is only if they have afterglow.
 Sylph.Xijaah
Server: Sylph
user: Xijaah
By Sylph.Xijaah 2016-01-01 12:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

they did say they were going to rework some AMs, but i guess they meant Relic AMs, since those havent ever been touched (while mythics have)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-01 12:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Rumor is only if they have afterglow.
All upgraded RME weapons will have afterglow.

There's no evidence of this happening. At all. If you look at the picture of the 119+1 swords that was posted a while back, Burtgang clearly still has OA2-3 for its AM3.

[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-01-01 16:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh but the +186, I do believe that to be magic damage....
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-01-01 17:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

While 2-4 is just a hopeful musing as far as I know, there is credibility to the idea that there will be some aftermath adjustments.

Quote:
In addition to strengthening the weapons, we need to create some associated text for the upgrade process and make adjustments to some of the aftermaths. I’m afraid to say we’ll have to make players wait a bit longer, but we need just a bit more time.

More than likely they're just referring to some of the derpy aftermaths (shockspikes, etc).
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2016-01-04 02:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh but the +186, I do believe that to be magic damage....

I hope a little more for murgleis, but still fine.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-04 05:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If they did that, that means the DPS will sky rocket for all melee. Which is good. SE favors mages too much, but very farfetched. That could definitely bring melee jobs back in a big way. If they did that, then that means Aeonic weapons must be out of this world come SCs. They're updating rem to stay in line with the new weapons. I still won't believe 2-4 or 3-4 until that's officially announced.

I wish they just keep melee mythics am3 as it is. Melee mythics am3 is op as it is, the gap between mythics owner and none mythics owner would be way too huge if melee mythics can do oa 2-4. All melee jobs would be unplayable without mythics. After all that "empy only" shouts in 2012 you sure we still want that.

Not sure if having oa 2-4 would "fix" melee jobs in endgame too. Melee dps is still fine on anything you can hit, since you're doing 15k+ ws in less than 5 sec at haste capped situations plus sc dmg. It's really the accuracy requirement that favors mage setup more.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-04 08:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I wish they just keep melee mythics am3 as it is. Melee mythics am3 is op as it is, the gap between mythics owner and none mythics owner would be way too huge if melee mythics can do oa 2-4. All melee jobs would be unplayable without mythics. After all that "empy only" shouts in 2012 you sure we still want that.

Not sure if having oa 2-4 would "fix" melee jobs in endgame too. Melee dps is still fine on anything you can hit, since you're doing 15k+ ws in less than 5 sec at haste capped situations plus sc dmg. It's really the accuracy requirement that favors mage setup more.

Let's not throw out high end numbers as an example. 15k plus in 5 secs is really for the top notch blue mages with Sam roll and geo buff debuffs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-01-04 09:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

Let's not throw out high end numbers as an example. 15k plus in 5 secs is really for the top notch blue mages with Sam roll and geo buff debuffs.

Isn't GEO buff/sam roll standard setup for zergs :p. Blm also uses geo buffs and sch sc to get crazy numbers so it's fair to use buffs. Also BLU isn't the only job that can hit 15k ws :p
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-01-04 12:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't GEO buff/sam roll standard setup for zergs :p. Blm also uses geo buffs and sch sc to get crazy numbers so it's fair to use buffs. Also BLU isn't the only job that can hit 15k ws :p

Are u saying 15 k ws average? Cause not everyone can do 15k average WITH geo buffs.
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2016-01-04 12:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are u saying 15 k ws average? Cause not everyone can do 15k average WITH geo buffs.

My ranger is 2100 and mythic. Trueflight averages 15k always. High end is 35k+
First Page 2 3