2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Best way to generate job points on BRD
Best way to generate job points on BRD
By Ehleni 2015-12-19 13:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys!

I'm just wondering if you got some good tips regarding generating job points on BRD. Since most shouts just wants COR, BLM, SCH, GEO it seems tough to obtain them using a regular party.

Is it possible to effectively solo them using a bunch of trusts?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-19 13:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehleni said: »
Hey guys!

I'm just wondering if you got some good tips regarding generating job points on BRD. Since most shouts just wants COR, BLM, SCH, GEO it seems tough to obtain them using a regular party.

Bard is uniquely useful in a very particular type of party. You basically need a Red Mage and a Geomancer, then a setup of Warrior/Beastmaster/Corsairs. The idea is to cap delay on all of them while the Geo uses malaise and acumen, the red mage uses Inundation. Warriors/Beasts/Corsairs chain WS non-stop and focus on making large darkness chains ending in Cloudsplitters or Leaden Salutes. Both are incredibly powerful when done right. If everyone is particularly talented, you can get nearly the same CP as a Magic Burst party.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-19 14:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In my best party so far, by far, brd was crucial.

The problem with the game now, and for awhile now, is that one person will figure out how to do something, then everyone will copy them without trying out new ideas to see if anything else can work.

Then everyone complains that there's only one way to do things.

There are many ways brds can be useful to a cp party. Just think about your strengths as a job and go from there. You'll probably have a few failures, but you'll have a lot of successes too.

If you're wondering, my best party was august war brd sch blm cor at 6.9m/hr, and august was being a *** the whole time
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-12-19 14:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My Bard buddy actually made a DD set and was doing exceptionally well SCing with a Thief.
By Yeno7 2015-12-19 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pair up with a DNC and a DRG and you will get 40-50 cp per hour at least, brds are very welcome with DD's no need for a bst
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-19 18:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehleni said: »
Hey guys!

BRD can replace 1 GEO in crab/pugil melee SC+MB party setup, just have them sing haste/acc songs for melee and COR, and have COR swap out hunter for sam roll for faster SC.

So the setup should be something like this: Melee DD/COR/BRD/GEO/BLM/kupofried or 2nd BLM or SCH. If done right you should get around 150~200 JP per hr during campaign depending on party/camp/pulling speed.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-19 20:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I get about 1mil CP/hr solo in Reisenjima on BRD/NIN, which is enough to make me not want to form a party and give up my ability to logout at random.

Just went back and got un/lucky. If no NMs spawn, I pull 1.4-1.5mil CP/hr right now (Porxies and Faaz between #3 and #4). My chain doesn't get very high, so I doubt I'm benefiting much from the campaign. I have 850 JPs spent
[+]
 Asura.Sesono
Server: Asura
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2015-12-20 00:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is another idea for BRD:
gather 3 BST, PLD, COR and go to Reisenjima #5 on the Bridge as BRD/WHM. You get 100JP/hr there, tones of silt, tons of stones if you do NMs too and tons of accolades/sparks - doing this while gain exp is up, its amazing.

PLD pulls from both sides alternating, BST kill all mobs... easy mode. He might need a cure when he comes back - but its totally doable on WHM sub. Only NM that needs to be tanked is the Naraka one from Skeletons at night and the Poroggo should be killed before pulling more.

Thats how i got BST Master done.
 Odin.Blizzy
Server: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2015-12-20 02:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Brd can be very effective in the right party build still.
IE sam brd geo blm sch blm. works very well

sam with mythic opens rana > fudo for darkness or can fudo fudo for light whatever your fancy. must have close to a 1200 acc build.

brd can top off with marches and acc for the sam mage crack pull and take over dispell and add control

geo indi haste to bring down counters of t6 magic and choice of accum or maliase nuke sets to mb and frazzel each mob

sch storms II for party regen for sam. mb when possible

2 blm to mb

with 2 blm and geo magic bursting the mob should be dead after first darkness or light and once you get your groove down

with current campign going on should be able to pull anywhere between 120 up to 300 jp a hr at right camps and with outside cures.

pre screen you jobs if blm sch dont have escha staff and decent burst set dont bring em
if geo dont have enfeeble set mb set bubble set dont bring em
try for 4 song brd 3 works but 2 song no
sch needs to have mb set also.
[+]
By Ehleni 2015-12-21 23:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, a lot of great tips! Thanks for all the feedback!

Will try both solo and PT to see what I can achieve. I don't have that much time on my hands so forming a party will most likely not be that often.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I get about 1mil CP/hr solo in Reisenjima on BRD/NIN, which is enough to make me not want to form a party and give up my ability to logout at random.

Just went back and got un/lucky. If no NMs spawn, I pull 1.4-1.5mil CP/hr right now (Porxies and Faaz between #3 and #4). My chain doesn't get very high, so I doubt I'm benefiting much from the campaign. I have 850 JPs spent

What type of gear are you using on your BRD/NIN to be able to achieve those numbers? Are you using the Military Parade guide?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-22 00:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

TP:
Carnwenhan 119/Taming Sari with +D14/ Linos with QA+3%/DA+3%/Acc+15
Chironic Hat with DW+5 and trash/Lissome neck/Suppa/Brutal
Bihu +1/Leyline with Acc+14/Ramuh+1/ Rajas
CP Mantle/Windbuffet+1/Haidate v2/Battlecast Gaiters

Mordant Rime:
Carnwenhan 119/Taming Sari with +D14/ Gjallarhorn 99
Brioso+1/Canto+1/Bladeborn/Steelflash
Bihu +1/Brioso+1/Carb+1/ Carb+1
CP Mantle/Windbuffet+1/Bihu+1/Battlecast Gaiters

Qultada, Kupofried, August, Apururu, and King Of Hearts
March, March, Mad, Minuet. Bison steak, generally.

I could probably switch to Min/Min at this point.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-12-22 01:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blizzy said: »
Brd can be very effective in the right party build still.
IE sam brd geo blm sch blm. works very well

sam with mythic opens rana > fudo for darkness or can fudo fudo for light whatever your fancy. must have close to a 1200 acc build.

brd can top off with marches and acc for the sam mage crack pull and take over dispell and add control

geo indi haste to bring down counters of t6 magic and choice of accum or maliase nuke sets to mb and frazzel each mob

sch storms II for party regen for sam. mb when possible

2 blm to mb

with 2 blm and geo magic bursting the mob should be dead after first darkness or light and once you get your groove down

with current campign going on should be able to pull anywhere between 120 up to 300 jp a hr at right camps and with outside cures.

pre screen you jobs if blm sch dont have escha staff and decent burst set dont bring em
if geo dont have enfeeble set mb set bubble set dont bring em
try for 4 song brd 3 works but 2 song no
sch needs to have mb set also.

You don't need to have a sam, any job that can 3 step into light or dark will do.

And you don't need haste bubble with a brd there, obviously.

And the number is closer to 1280acc.

And you'll want to bring a cor. A BLM SCH and GEO is more than enough nukes to kill apex mobs in one skillchain, a second BLM is excessive.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-22 02:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Qultada, Kupofried, August, Apururu, and King Of Hearts
March, March, Mad, Minuet. Bison steak, generally.

I could probably switch to Min/Min at this point.
Why double march when you're getting Haste2 from Trust?
Also when I CP I normally use my SP2 to put up 5 song and keep them up for all of my session, that way I can have March, Madrigal, Minu, Minu, Minu. If Apururu is spamming too much heals and not using Nott frequently enough I pianissimo a ballad3 on her.

Where do you go camp? Frogs in Reisenjima #2?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-22 12:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Apururu casts Haste sometimes before King Of Hearts gets around to it, in which case I only have Haste 1 (No trust overwrites any buff ever). I'd have to switch to a non-Hasting WHM in order to avoid that, which is perfectly possible because there's not very much AoE damage in these camps, but I just habitually use Apururu for everything.

I do Porxies / Faaz / Floaty heads between #4 and #3 because there's typically low-no competition and there is only one annoying TP move (Shearing Wind from Porxies Dispels one effect AoE).

Frogs would be better with a Mollifier, but Frog Chorus from the NM is a PITA that I don't want to have to deal with. Bees would be even better (piercing weak), but they also have a dispel TP move and that camp isn't very densely packed until night time. Ladybugs/Lucani/Chigoes would be fine (might need Acc food?) but are always interspersed with Mantis. Panopts suck all the time every day, which kills quite a few camps. Veela near #6 are actually very good if you can 100% guarantee they'll never get a TP move off, which I currently cannot. There is one area that is almost exclusively Tigers that I could farm a little further south between #4 and #3, but I hesitate to willingly expose myself to Roar.

Basically, I'm doing well enough at my current camp and would find it annoying to move anywhere else. Up to 1046 JPs spent now. Looking forward to that +5% song duration Gift at 1200. My Marcato'd songs currently last over 10 minutes, so I've finally hit the point of constantly having one Marcato'd song, but it would be nice to have another 12 seconds worth of buffer. With some luck they'll boost the song effect duration on Carnwenhan when they bump it up to iLevel 121, and then I'll be able to maintain all my songs just singing once every 10 minutes.
 Asura.Ghanni
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-12-22 12:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the best CP parties I've had on Apex mobs was Cor, Brd(4 song), Geo, Smn(Mythic), Blm(me) and Sch.

Cor would tank with flourish, summoner was buffing and mostly kept Carbuncle out for favor. Brd would open Rudra's and Cor close with LS. With weather II and geo my tier 5/6 nukes were both frequently hitting for 99k and the Sch also had a nuking set, it was awesome. This was in Dho Gates on crabs/pugs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-22 15:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Apururu casts Haste sometimes before King Of Hearts gets around to it, in which case I only have Haste 1 (No trust overwrites any buff ever).
Arciela 1 does, she casts Haste2 on you even if Apururu has Haste1 on you. Or at least she used to do that, not sure if the lastest patch changed anything.
The same doesn't apply for Koru-Moru, not sure about Arciela2 and KingofHearts but Koru vs Arciela was tested by multiple sources myself included.

I'm talking in general of course, Koru wouln't cast Haste2 on Bard regardless.

Quote:
(Shearing Wind from Porxies Dispels one effect AoE).
Ouch... this could be annoying to mantain 5 songs up :x
Thanks for the tips regardless.

As for the duration, if you can accept losing TP/Aftermath every 10 minutes, you can just offhand a Kali while doing NiTro songs, and then swap offhand to Taming Sari.
That way you can mantain Nitro up fulltime, sort of.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-22 15:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have definitely seen King of Hearts cast Haste II and overwrite my current Haste, but he started casting before I gained the Haste buff. I have never seen them attempt to overwrite a current buff. It is as if they use buffactive[] when determining their AI choices.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-22 15:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela1 totally did that, not sure if something changed with the latest patch and she doesn't do it anymore.
It's been reported in the BG trust forum as well, long time ago. It's where I originally found it out.