Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI and X360 Wireless Gamepad after XInput patch
FFXI and X360 Wireless Gamepad after XInput patch
 Fenrir.Vaporeon
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Raithen
By Fenrir.Vaporeon 2015-11-14 16:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have a 360 controller to test this, but if the settings work properly in the Config after saving and there are 2 xinputdll.dll files have you guys tried looking at the modify dates on them? Ok while writing this I checked mine and FFXI folder dll has an older date than the ToolsUS folder dll due to me messing around with the settings on patch night. So if the Config tool saves the settings to the ToolsUS/EU folder (and these all work properly) but not the FFXI folder just try overwriting the FFXI dll with the one from Tools.
By ryson 2015-11-14 18:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

seems kinda fishy to me that someone runnning the japanese client ended up with our button scheme ... did anyone try swapping the 2 .dll possibly ?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-16 01:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No I haven't tried.
But the problem, other than the Confirm/Cancel swap, is in the fact that the game doesn't read ANY KIND of customization, but only the default preset you chose last.
All changes you make after that choice correctly work within the FFXI Gamepad config app, but are ignored while in-game.

That's the real issue, beyond the silly confirm/cancel swapping that nobody will care about if we could customize the presets.

I do agree with you it sounds fishy though... Could be worth trying to get the JP folder's xinputddl.dll and overwrite it into both your region's POL folder and the FFXI folder, and see what happens.
By Jetackuu 2015-11-16 07:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I didn't have that problem at all, I didn't try any of the presets, went straight to customizing it.

Odd.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-16 09:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Performed the following test:

1) Took xinputdll.dll from the Tools JP folder and put it into the TOOLSEU and FFXI folders
2) Opened FFXI Pad Config
3) Activated Xinput, deactivated Had Switches and Sliders (nothing else, didn't use a preset, didn't configure a single thing)
4) When I tested the gamepad, movements were all clunky. Some buttons associated to the digital cross, buttons spread all over, movement and camera were fine but reversed.
5) When in-game, everything worked perfectly fine, exactely as the default preset E, but of course with the usual reversed confirm and cancel

This happened even without me configuring a single thing or using a single preset.

Gamepad used: Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.
 leo
By leo 2015-11-16 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Windows 10 as OS?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-16 11:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Windows 7 Professional x64
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-11-16 14:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ok worked for me as well, here is what I did step-by-step.

1) Go into the FFXI folder and the ToolEU (US if u're american) subfolder
2) Backup the xinputdll.dll file in each of those folders
3) Delete the 2 files
4) Load the FFXI Pad config application
5) Select "Default" preset
6) Proceed to re-set all the buttons and sticks the way you want them
7) Exit and save

done!

YAY IT WORKS TY TY TY TY TY TY TY!!! Y_Y
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
By Jenna Nova 2015-11-16 22:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok worked for me as well, here is what I did step-by-step.

1) Go into the FFXI folder and the ToolEU (US if u're american) subfolder
2) Backup the xinputdll.dll file in each of those folders
3) Delete the 2 files
4) Load the FFXI Pad config application
5) Select "Default" preset
6) Proceed to re-set all the buttons and sticks the way you want them
7) Exit and save

done!

I tried this. Everything works now except for the triggers. When they arnt suppose to be doing anything they are actually effecting my camera... lol Right analog isnt doing anything whatsoever. fml
 Phoenix.Zumi
Server: Phoenix
user: Zumi
By Phoenix.Zumi 2015-11-17 02:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

leo said: »
Funny enough I was able to swap them (they correctly set the way you guys wanted yours to be, green button confirm, red button cancel) but because I always played on the Japanese client I wanted the red button being confirm instead.

I was able to set everything as I wanted. Very curious the fact that a LOT of people are having that issue and I didn't.

Can you post your xinputdll.dll file somewhere so we can have our buttons the Western way?

Pretty sure SE screwed up and gave the JP people and US people eachothers dll file.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-17 04:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I concur it sounds fishy, but I think the hardcoding part has to be somewhere else and not within the xinputdll.dll file itself.
I already performed a test using the JP dll file but got the same result/layout. Which suggests me the hardcoding button mapping is probably somewhere else and not within the xinputdll.dll file itself.
By Biorn 2015-11-24 16:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone find any fix? i was trying to use my xbox 1 controller which still is XIinput so? anyone?
 Bismarck.Stephenjd
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephenjd
By Bismarck.Stephenjd 2015-11-24 17:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No true fix but SE have now acknowledged the issue and said that it'll be fixed in the December update.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-11-24 18:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty awesome that they already acknowledged it.
Dec patch can't be too far away :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [802 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Coorslite
Server: Odin
user: coorslite
By Odin.Coorslite 2018-02-03 09:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Performed the following test:

1) Took xinputdll.dll from the Tools JP folder and put it into the TOOLSEU and FFXI folders
2) Opened FFXI Pad Config
3) Activated Xinput, deactivated Had Switches and Sliders (nothing else, didn't use a preset, didn't configure a single thing)
4) When I tested the gamepad, movements were all clunky. Some buttons associated to the digital cross, buttons spread all over, movement and camera were fine but reversed.
5) When in-game, everything worked perfectly fine, exactely as the default preset E, but of course with the usual reversed confirm and cancel

This happened even without me configuring a single thing or using a single preset.

Gamepad used: Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

ive tried everything controllers work on my desktop and my laptop but when i hook the the same controllers to my wifes laptop i cant get the ximput to work for some reason it is grayed out
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-02-03 11:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

is xinput.dll deleted in all the tool folders tools toolsus toolseu?
I delete them as they mess up my xbox one controller, and ps4 controller.

If they are deleted they will be grayed out.

Nice necro bump XD
By Jetackuu 2018-02-03 14:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Reinstall the 360 controller drivers manually from the .exe
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2207 days between previous and next post]
By afin 2024-02-19 21:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've run into this issue as of tonight, seemed to happen after a windows update, my current controller setup has been working fine for at least 7-8 years with no issues. But i went to find tonight that every control was not where it should be. All of my games work fine as ive tested my controller through the control panel and everything is mapped as it should be. But on the ffxi config, its not regognising things as it should be, plus the D-pad isnt working for menu navigation. Menu navigation according to the current ffxi config, is B&Y pressed together. Really driving me nuts as i'm not really a pc wizard with these things. All i know, is i've tried uninstalling the previous windows update, that hasn't worked, ive tried downgrading my controllers firmware update, with no success. I don't know what else to try. My current controller is an xbox one X wiresless