Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Another BLU Lua Thread
Another BLU Lua Thread
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-09 10:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted a bit on this in the BLU guide thread, but figured it would be better suited to it's own thread.

Currently, most (if not all) of the BLU Lua files out there managed TP sets through toggles which cycle between accuracy tiers. The problem I'm finding is that these files seem to make assumptions on buffs, or at least ignore the fact that Marches/Mighty Guard will be up sometimes and not up other times. For the sake of this thread, I'm going to work under the assumption that Erratic Flutter is always up and a BLU is going with DW IV. Also assuming capped gear haste.

Just erratic flutter up: Requires 27 DW to cap after traits.

So for GearSwap lingo, something like if buffactive="Haste" and buffactive not = "March" and "Mighty Guard"... I'm not really great with GearSwap, but just trying to illustrate what I'm getting at...

Under these conditions, you'd want a TP set of something like:
Adhemar Bonnet / Asperity Necklace / Suppanomimi / Cessance Earring
Adhemar Jacket / Adhemar Wristbands / Epona Ring / Rajas Ring
Bleating Mantle/Shetal Stone/Taeon Tights/Taeon Boots

Granting a total of 25 DW, pretty close to delay cap with only Erratic Flutter.

Add on Joachim's March: Requires 20 DW after traits.

Another problem here is I don't think GS has anyway of knowing if we have merited marches or not, so we may need to work under the assumption of either trust march or merited march, which is unoptimal.

In rough GearSwap terms: if buffactive="Haste" and "March" and buffactive not = "Mighty Guard"

For Joachim:

Adhemar Bonnet / Asperity Necklace / Suppanomimi / Cessance Earring
Bleating Mantle/Windbuffet Belt +1/Taeon Tights/Taeon Boots

19 total DW, one shy of cap... could have switched off Suppanomimi to be right at cap also...

For merited march - only 6 DW would be required here with DW IV

Adhemar Bonnet / Asperity Necklace / Brutal Earring / Cessance Earring
Bleating Mantle/Windbuffet Belt +1/Taeon Tights/Carmine Greaves

There's a substantial difference in TP sets here, so perhaps these are best handled with a real bard/fake bard toggle?

Mighty Guard up: Essentially, Marches don't matter here, as magic haste will be capped regardless.

GS lingo: if buffactive = "Haste" and "Mighty Guard"

Adhemar Bonnet / Asperity Necklace / Brutal Earring / Cessance Earring
Bleating Mantle/Windbuffet Belt +1/Taeon Tights/Carmine Greaves

Again, and this seems to be a recurring theme, this set will get you within 1 DW of the delay reduction cap, which really illustates how awesome Adhemar Jacket +1 would be.

=================================================================

How feasible would it be to manage TP sets in such a manner?

Problems I can see off-hand:

1: Loss of full control over, or greater difficulty in managing accuracy tiers.

2: Can Gearswap differentiate between Advancing March/Victory March and Haste/Haste II?

3: Managing TP sets based on if March was put up by Joachim or by an actual player with merits.

4: Unoptimal TP sets if buffs wear off, or are put up, until an action is taken (not sure if GS addresses this itself, Spellcast didn't).

5: May become a lot to manage when you start considering other forms of Haste, such as Samba, and Indi-Haste.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-09 10:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Look at thief or ninja gearswaps. The ones I've seen support this, just copy those rules and modify.
[+]
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2015-11-09 12:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wondering does GEO-haste work on your lua?
Code
-- IF YOU ARE HASTED AND EMBRAVAD, HASTED AND MARCHED, HASTED AND MARCH x2, or HASTED AND MIGHTY'D... ASSUME VERY HIGH HASTE
elseif ( (buffactive[580] or buffactive[33]) and ( buffactive[228] or buffactive[214] == 1 or buffactive[214] == 2 or buffactive[604]) ) then
MySpeed = 5 -- HIGH HASTE

I know you can do so by doing buffactive.Haste == 2, does GEO-haste have its own buff i.d? I like how your lua takes into account slow, that's pretty cool. The way I do it looks a bit more messy and I should probably neaten it up but im 99% sure it covers all haste capped situations.
Code
		if (buffactive.March and (buffactive.Embrava or buffactive.Haste or buffactive['Mighty Guard']) or (buffactive.Haste == 2) or (buffactive['Mighty Guard']) and (buffactive.Embrava or buffactive.Haste)) and equipSet["HighHaste"] then
				equipSet = equipSet["HighHaste"]
				end

Then just add sets.TP.HighHaste or w/e to your sets
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-11-09 12:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
While it is not finished and the gear is not updated (some is in there just for testing purposes to identify the sets), combine sets are not even done (there, but empty or almost empty), but here is my new one so far. I believe it is working, but have not field tested it.
Essentially it should be ready for gear just to be put in.

There is a thaumas, pdt, and mdt mode toggle that you will need to make or keybind that simply overwrite the gear set to put that set on.
I am undecided if I should also just make a fourth mode of pdt hybrid or look at making the mode toggle if that is possible. I am not a great gearswap sorta guy, so...

It does still need a macc (nuking) toggle though.

http://pastebin.com/aw7NAt9s

Vaf was messing around with making a trust table to make a haste rule over their +0 marches, but it didn't pan out.

Overall, I wouldn't worry about the DPS loss from the situations you might walk into with just one march up or something from a trust.
While a single player march would cap you I don't believe the situation will merit the concern.

Anyway, that should be what you are looking for.

Looking awesome so far Floppy, I'll play with it a bit later on.

One suggestion, although minor, is something I've been thinking a bit about later...

Some spells don't require any modifiers, magic skill, and either minimal or no Fast Cast (for recast). The obvious one that comes to mind here is Mighty Guard, but I'm sure there are a few others that fall into this category.

Aside from Luhkaza charuqs +1 on Mighty Guard, I'd say load up on Conserve MP and possibly Incanter's Torque and Hachirin-No-Obi.
By Selindrile 2015-11-09 13:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

To me the problem is the number of sets I'd have to actively maintain and update, there's tons already, but then multiplying that many based on haste level is painful, I'd rather just be a bit suboptimal in non-important situations, as in theory I'll be properly buffed in important ones, but if you come up with an interesting solution I'd be glad to see it and I totally might steal it XD
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [123 days between previous and next post]
By geigei 2016-03-11 11:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a TH toggle rule?
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-03-16 03:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I just made one recently.

Best way would be to make a separate toggle, but I am lazy so I just addeda a TP set that combines my standard tp set and adds gloves and feet (my th2 pieces).

You only need to tag it anyway, so doesn't matter if it's not optimal.
 Valefor.Madranta
Server: Valefor
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2016-03-23 01:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I use for THF, edited to better suit BLU. It will swap into TH gear for the first hit of a fight then run aftercast to swap to regular gear. I included the blue text "function" lines to show where all this should be placed. You can toggle this function on and off with a macro reading "/console gs c TH". It defaults to being on. Note that I didn't test this after editing it for BLU but I don't think I broke anything, lol.
Code
function get_sets()
	-- For automatic TH gear during first hit of every fight.
	windower.register_event('tp change', function(new, old)
		if TH_ind == 1 then
			if EngagedTP > -1 and player.tp > (EngagedTP+80) and player.status == 'Engaged' then
				windower.send_command('gs c TPchange')
			end
		end
	end)
	sets.TH = {}
	TH_ind = 1
end

-- For automatic TH gear during first hit of every fight.
EngagedTP = -1

function status_change(new,old)
	if new == 'Engaged' then
		if TH_ind == 1 then
			equip(sets.TH)
			EngagedTP = player.tp
		end
	end
end

function self_command(command)
	if command == "TPchange" then
		EngagedTP = -1
		aftercast()
	elseif command == "TH" then
		if TH_ind = 0 then TH_ind = 1 
			windower.add_to_chat(8,'----Auto TH swaps activated.----')
		else TH_ind = 0 
			windower.add_to_chat(8,'----Auto TH swaps disabled.----')
		end
	end
end
By geigei 2016-03-23 03:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, i will test later.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-01 09:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone have a very simple gearswap, like 2 tp sets instead of 4, etc? I never feel I am in a situation I need to optimize that much, i usually will just have 2, im capped haste and so I dont need dw, or i need a crap load of acc while capped lol.

It just gets to the point as a new windower user that 1,000 lines of code i have to go through and edit my gear into for every niche situation is starting to seem silly, and takes away the very few play hours a week i get between my job and school.

also i play on pc with controller, im not understanding these keybindings and what they do, or how to plce them in macros so i can select with r1.2 L1,2.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-04-01 10:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
So anyone have a very simple gearswap, like 2 tp sets instead of 4, etc? I never feel I am in a situation I need to optimize that much, i usually will just have 2, im capped haste and so I dont need dw, or i need a crap load of acc while capped lol.

For BLU, I based mine on Prothescar's one that's linked in the guide. To me, that's a fairly straightforward base to start with, though using Oraen's version or something might be easier at this point. I can send you mine, but not until I get home.

Keep in mind that some of the others posted jump up in line count in part due to item set formatting. All the spell lists are also going to increase the size of most BLU luas.

You can very easily edit that file to suit. Want two TP sets? Then go to this line:
Code
 sets.TP.index = {'Standard', 'Solo', 'Safe', 'AccuracyLite', 'AccuracyFull', 'AccuracyExtreme', 'DT', 'DTAccuracy'}

and change it to something like this:
Code
 sets.TP.index = {'Standard', 'ACC'}

Then delete all but two of the TP sets, and define them as set.TP.Standard and sets.TP.ACC.

I would suggest you expand a little past that to at least include a DT set.
The way it's coded, you can reduce or expand sets there as you wish without changing anything elsewhere.

Initial setup can be arduous, but once you've got the initial setup done it gets a lot simpler to just search/replace when you upgrade gear or something.

Quote:
also i play on pc with controller, im not understanding these keybindings and what they do, or how to plce them in macros so i can select with r1.2 L1,2.

When you're looking at the keybinds, part of it is (of course) the key/key combo, and the other part is the command. The rules for what those commands do are down at the end of the file.

For this, all they're doing is changing an index value (and sending a command to update gear). For example, the sets.TP.index list above might have (as suggested) Standard/ACC/DT sets, so 1, 2, and 3. The command bound to F9 makes it cycle to the next value.
Effectively, tapping F9 rotates through which TP set is being used.

If you want to macro that functionality, as per the documentation, just look at what command is being used and use /console.

IE, for:
Code
send_command('bind f9 gs c toggle TP set')

The F9 TP set toggle...

Make a macro with

/console gs c toggle TP set

Binding it is more a convenience for keyboard players.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-01 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yes that will be helpful. Ty isi!

I plan to make more complex sets as I go, but for now i want something just as simple as can be while starting to learn how to use the lua.

I found a lua i liked, but it has to many sets because i think the person has mythic and empy, and has like 4 sub sets for each one and each aftermath lol. Just to much there :D something a little toned down would be great. Basica tp/ws/dt/town sets is enough for me atm.
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-04-01 20:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What kinda lua is that, Azagarth?

I've been looking for a different one for a while, but I'm just about convinced I need to write it myself.

The issue I have with that is that it would require me to code and not play the game! unacceptable! :D
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-02 18:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

yes that will be helpful. Ty isi!

I plan to make more complex sets as I go, but for now i want something just as simple as can be while starting to learn how to use the lua.

I found a lua i liked, but it has to many sets because i think the person has mythic and empy, and has like 4 sub sets for each one and each aftermath lol. Just to much there :D something a little toned down would be great. Basica tp/ws/dt/town sets is enough for me atm.
Just delete or comment out any of the Aftermath/Mythic/Relic/Empyrean sets.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-06 01:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok its driving me nuts I cant figure out 2 things for GS...

I still can't find anything that will lock my CP mantle for when im CPing.... This is critical because I cant afford the 30%+ drop per kill....

Also for some reason GS is only wanting to read parts of my herculean sets... I assume I will have this issue for my other sets to once I get making them too.

I know the augments go crazy high and I have seen people splitting up stats in the augments = {} part. I however do not know when I should do this, nor what the amounts split should be (how do you know?). I am trying to get my herc feet atm working and they Simply wont. Augs are agi8 acc 29 att 21 and TA 4....

I know its the augments part giving me issues because if I take it off, it does equip my herc feet, only its the MAB ones! ugh! Help?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
By Raesvelg 2016-06-26 22:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Easiest way I've found to get augments correctly set is to just use //gs export to see how Gearswap wants them to be arranged.
By Tylaar 2016-06-26 22:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I still can't find anything that will lock my CP mantle for when im CPing.... This is critical because I cant afford the 30%+ drop per kill....

You should be able to type: //gs disable back

This will permanently lock your backslot until you explicitly enable it again.

Edit - sorry for the necro.
By lurchingbushpig 2016-06-27 00:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok its driving me nuts I cant figure out 2 things for GS...

Also for some reason GS is only wanting to read parts of my herculean sets... I assume I will have this issue for my other sets to once I get making them too.

I know the augments go crazy high and I have seen people splitting up stats in the augments = {} part. I however do not know when I should do this, nor what the amounts split should be (how do you know?). I am trying to get my herc feet atm working and they Simply wont. Augs are agi8 acc 29 att 21 and TA 4....

I know its the augments part giving me issues because if I take it off, it does equip my herc feet, only its the MAB ones! ugh! Help?

Equip the boots you want to control in your lua. Do a Gearswap export "//gs export" open that file, and it'll tell you exactly how to write out the augments for those specific boots. Copy & Paste into your .lua.