Geo Vs Promathia (Dawn VD).

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Geo vs Promathia (Dawn VD).
Geo vs Promathia (Dawn VD).
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-10-16 07:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys.

Does anyone have experience with GEO in Dawn Battlefield D or preferably VD mode??

I heard VEX and Attunement was the best spells to use for defensive purposes vs. Promathia but idk, im still kinda new to GEO.

The biggest problem we seem to be having is the damage we take from Meteor.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-10-16 08:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO-VEx and Attunement ± COR Runeist roll make you avoid a lot of magic damage on a lot of high lvl NMs, as well as making you avoid debuffs.
In addition(with those buffs), if you set the mdt set at the right time(±MEva set when debuffing), you can make the fight looks like a complete joke, like "fighting a wall".
 Asura.Susanoou
Server: Asura
user: fekye
By Asura.Susanoou 2015-10-16 08:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just my experience as GEO, Vex/Attunement reduced Meteor to 400~ We then added a Cor for Runeist and brought it down to 140~. This was 2 and 3 man on Normal. I'd expect similar results for D and VD.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-10-16 08:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

using things with elemental resist like warders charm, carrier's sash, icecrack ring, and even the hearty earring in addition to augmented telchine/helios/Nehushtan with mag evasion + appropriate barspell/barstatus is something all geo's should have, imo. its amazing even without those buffs, too. its an addition of over 120+ (not including the elemental resistances/status resistances from said accessories) magic evasion higher than normal. its funny to see a 30 count doom from things like the skirmish mega boss especially, lol.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-10-16 08:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
using things with elemental resist like warders charm, carrier's sash, icecrack ring, and even the hearty earring in addition to augmented telchine/helios/Nehushtan with mag evasion + appropriate barspell/barstatus is something all geo's should have, imo. its amazing even without those buffs, too. its an addition of over 120+ (not including the elemental resistances/status resistances from said accessories) magic evasion higher than normal. its funny to see a 30 count doom from things like the skirmish mega boss especially, lol.

Those are for mages jobs, there is a simple-to-get set(wayfarer set) you can get for a lot of melee jobs, for my cor and mnk it's that : ItemSet 338323 (talking about meva set)