Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst gear that can be acquired solo
Bst gear that can be acquired solo
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-03 09:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So since I've returned to the game I've only focused on leveling, meriting, job ability farming, gearing bst and missions for bst gear.

My options for things that can be acquired solo seem to be thinning out though as I've farmed 2 skirmish sets, 1 for Physical and 1 for MAB. I've got my mini expansion hat & pants and charmer's merlin. Also managed to finish SoA for the pet ring and the Adoulin quest for Hija earring. Got Ferine necklace and earring too. Raised the useful relic gear to +2 and Ankusa.

So other than things I still need from end game group content the two items I'm looking at now are Shepherd's Chain, Remeice Earring and Nukumi Manoplas (When is it better to use these over my 24Acc/25Macc Taeon?). Is there anything else I can do solo that I should look into because I'm losing my mind trying to get Shepher's Chain.

Thanks.
By Beaztmaster 2015-09-03 09:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Felgarr said: »
When do I want to use BST AF3 Reforged 119 hands (for TP Bonus)?

nukumi manoplas +1 are best-in-slot for all physical Ready moves up until your pet's effective TP from traits/bonuses reaches 3000.

They're especially important for non-WAR pets to reach that sweet 2000 TP threshold:

Basically, you wouldn't use them when Unleash is active, or if you somehow earned enough TP in-between Ready moves to cap with just Fencer/Axes.

When do I want to use Acro Gauntlets with some Pet: MAB/M.Acc augments?

The effectiveness of TP (for 'Damage varies with TP' attacks) is greatly diminished over 2000 TP (less than ~1/3rd potency compared to the 1000-2000 TP range).

So for magical attacks, anytime you're hovering around or above 2000 TP you should use Pet:MAB hands instead.

Did a quick comparison to illustrate this.

Pet: TP Bonus vs Pet: MAB
(1900 effective TP, using Fireball on Wild Rabbits)
Nukumi Manoplas +1: 3304 damage
Skirmish Hands w/Pet:MAB+25: 3511 damage

Now let's consider a BST who hasn't augmented their Skirmish Axes yet - they should be using Nukumi Manoplas +1 instead of Pet:MAB hands because they're in the middle of that sweet 1000-2000 TP range.

(1500 effective TP Fireball)
Skirmish Hands w/Pet:MAB+25: 2861 damage
Nukumi Manoplas +1: 3137 damage

Is it possible to use AF3 hands and Acro guantlets at the same time for the Lizard pet? Or receive the effect of TP Bonus and Pet:M.Acc//MAB? (When I say "same time", I mean through swapping, of course).

Pet: TP Bonus and Pet: MAB/M.Acc are both processed during Pet midcast which means you can't gain the benefits of both at the same time.

Here's your answer for your Ready Move Hands question, kudos to Falkirk. When you mention earrings, the first things that come to mind are the Unity pet PDT earrings (Handler's Earring/+1) obtained through Warblade Beak Unity NM and the Hija Earring from the Barrel of Laughs questline.

I would comb through the Compendium and look up the gear - determine what you can/can't get solo.