Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst & salvage II
Bst & salvage II
By geigei 2015-08-29 10:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have some advice? like what pet for bhaflau boss?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-29 10:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be easier and more productive if you level and spark-gear another job for it.

Say, either BLU, NIN, PUP, or RDM. THF too, but requires a little bit better gear than just plain sparks-level.
By geigei 2015-08-29 10:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have very good mnk for bhaflau, just curious about bst.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-29 10:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Still wouldn't suggest BST if you have something else.

But still, I would use Swooping Zhivago and use Molting Plumage a lot for MB.
By Nyruul 2015-08-29 11:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I always used MNK because I was too lazy to complete an Aeolian Edge set for THF.

I'd say THF >>> whatever works for you.

MNK would probably be more effective/efficient than BST

Though I'm sure that cricket pet could shred the rooms of gears much quicker than a MNK can counterstance and spinning attack through them.
By Bongarippa 2015-08-29 11:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

In BR and ZR 2 i have problems trying to use bst so I just stick to thf or mnk. In BR, not enough evasion early on for bst and usually cant keep myself healed if I dont get enough gear unlocked from the starting lamp. In ZR, can even use a pet until the 5th floor unless you get it from the starting lamp, so you'd be better off with thf or mnk anyways if you're going that far without a pet.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2015-08-29 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In BR if you don't get RNG slot from start, just skip to the gobbie and kill that first to unlock it and call pet. I use patrick for the boss. Skill chains and Fireball make it pretty basic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-29 12:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Echoing some of the statements here, BST is doable for BR2 but it's a slow-starter. I go straight to the moblin for ranged unlock, but if you get screwed over on starting lamp unlocks (like if you get two weapon unlocks and no gear), then you're going to have a rough time without healing items. Beyond that, Bouncing Bertha is fantastic for the gear rooms and Swooping Zhivago and Warlike Patrick can manage the boss well enough.
[+]
By Numquam 2015-08-29 12:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is really a great job for farming Alex.
 Odin.Azzariah
Server: Odin
user: Azzariah
By Odin.Azzariah 2015-08-29 17:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
In BR if you don't get RNG slot from start, just skip to the gobbie and kill that first to unlock it and call pet. I use patrick for the boss. Skill chains and Fireball make it pretty basic.
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Echoing some of the statements here, BST is doable for BR2 but it's a slow-starter. I go straight to the moblin for ranged unlock, but if you get screwed over on starting lamp unlocks (like if you get two weapon unlocks and no gear), then you're going to have a rough time without healing items. Beyond that, Bouncing Bertha is fantastic for the gear rooms and Swooping Zhivago and Warlike Patrick can manage the boss well enough.

Good advice here. Ran BR for the first time and followed this. Had no problems at all. Cricket for gear unlocks and Lizard for the boss.

When doing AR, go for leeches first for Ranged unlock
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-08-29 22:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody ever considers ssr but if you aren't looking for a specific zone it's super easy on bst. 12 minutes to clear if lamp gives ranged and 18 to clear if you don't.
 Odin.Azzariah
Server: Odin
user: Azzariah
By Odin.Azzariah 2015-08-30 07:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
Nobody ever considers ssr but if you aren't looking for a specific zone it's super easy on bst. 12 minutes to clear if lamp gives ranged and 18 to clear if you don't.

Im not seeing a ranged unlock until 3rd floor Barber. What strat do you use for this, assuming you dont get Ranged unlocked at Runic?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 16:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Azzariah said: »

Im not seeing a ranged unlock until 3rd floor Barber. What strat do you use for this, assuming you dont get Ranged unlocked at Runic?
I'm assuming the "skip most mobs after initial unlocks" route. Maybe even skipping most gear/stat unlocks and going straight to getting ranged unlocks and letting the pet do all the damage route.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-30 16:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SILVER SEAS:
General things to know: Ramparts call all reinforcements (usually multiple things at once) when aggro'd. Also note that ramparts aggro 15.0 at night, halved during the day and during dark/water weather. Ramparts don't drop alex. Sneak and Invis are recommended to skip past ramparts you don't need. Some of the moving ramparts can be aggro'd at the far end of their path to link fewer reinforcements. /DNC recommended for BST of course, and bringing a defensive shield is useful for Floor 3.

Floor 1: Just unlock Head/Legs/Feet and move on.

Floor 2: Skip everything if you got HP from the lamp. Otherwise, take a left and sneak/invis to avoid the 2 ramparts in the hallway, open the door on the left. The rampart there will summon a MNK, PLD, and BLM, kill them if you should feel HP is necessary (MNK gives it up). One of the later ramparts will also aggro true sight so just keep running.

Floor 3: Skip right to the ramparts that summon 3 single and one triple gears; you can kite these back to a previous room to deaggro a few gears, so you won't be so heavily outnumbered. Triple gears will unlock pet, singles will unlock the rest of your armor. These gears are moderately dangerous for a half-naked pet-less BST so playing defensively (shield, etc) is recommended until you can kill at least one. Pretty low alex payout on this floor, so you can go up when you've acquired your unlocks.

Floor 4: Immediately sneak/invis and head to the door, which will cause a rampart to spawn with a Dvergr sub-boss. Return to previous ramparts for alex farming if you want to, be careful to not link the ramparts (they will aggro/link if they are open) in the last 2 rooms or else they will call a Acrolith intead of a triple gear or chariot.

Floor 5: Dvergr boss, should go down very easily, just keep a safe distance because it has tremendous magic accuracy and fast cast.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2015-08-30 17:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You can snk/inv ramparts? Thought they're truesight/hear. You really learn something everyday..
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-30 18:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

For most ramparts, you can. They vary even within the same zones sometimes.
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-08-30 19:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Azzariah said: »

Yep, 3rd floor unlock. Kill two mobs on first floor for legs and head. Kill 3 fomors on second floor for stats. Kill a flayer for ranged. Kill the other two flayers with pet. Kill mini boss. Kill boss.

12 minutes with ranged on lamp, 18 without. It's really quick.
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2015-08-30 19:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, pull the flayers to the doorway so they have to melee otherwise they will cast more frequently if they are out of melee range. Thats the only fights that isn't "tab out" in there but as long as they are close they arent dangerous.
 Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2015-08-30 21:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Anyone have some advice? like what pet for bhaflau boss?

Warlike Patrick gets the job done easy. Open with Brain Crush > Tail Slap > MB > Fireball and both Cerbs go down like a sack of potatos.

I use Pondering Peter until the boss tho since Whirl Claws usually kills everything in two shots. It's imo a better jug for Salvage since the range of Whirl Claws is much larger and faster then Buffet from Bertha.
By Xilk 2015-09-02 21:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you enter Salvage solo now? or do you still need 2 other players to get in?