Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Soloing Azure-toothed Clawberry
Soloing Azure-toothed Clawberry
 Asura.Rakshaka
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2015-08-12 16:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been able to solo this guy a couple of times, the first time was while weakened, and the 2nd time only 1 carbuncle spawned to use searing light even though 3 elementals were up.

I'm trying to figure out if astral flow is better used to buff BPs during conduit (via the stat buffs gained through job points), or if it's better spent on perfect defense to survive searing light. The first option would assume that you can kill it before it uses searing light.

Some other things I've done
- Use Nirvana AM3
- Start with Fenrir's Impact
- Start with Diamond Storm
- Dia II
- Use a couple tank trusts and a couple healer trusts so that if one goes down, there's a backup
- Use Koru-Moru for Frazzle II (not sure if this is useful, as I'm not sure when he actually gets around to casting it on the NM)
- Conduit Flaming Crush with the first BP being Conflag Strike to reduce INT even further via Burn
- Use Shiromochi

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
[+]
 Asura.Asclepieia
user: Supa
By Asura.Asclepieia 2015-08-12 16:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rakshaka said: »
I've been able to solo this guy a couple of times, the first time was while weakened, and the 2nd time only 1 carbuncle spawned to use searing light even though 3 elementals were up.

I'm trying to figure out if astral flow is better used to buff BPs during conduit (via the stat buffs gained through job points), or if it's better spent on perfect defense to survive searing light

Stat boost
 Asura.Rakshaka
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2015-08-12 16:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the advice. I was able to kill him before the astral flowed. I started with impact via fenrir, diamond storm, AM3 Nirvana, DiaII, then conduited flaming crush after conflag strike. If you're lucky Apururu will devotion you during conduit if your mp gets low. Koru-Moru never casted distract 2, just cure 4, refresh 2 and phalanx 2. I think it was close though, a couple trusts died to spells. I'll try shattersoul into double flaming strike next time and see if that works better.

The flaming crushes were hitting for:
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-08-14 10:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to post an update to this, Rak and I did two quick ones last night with SMN SMN GEO (one Conduit per fight), and it was a complete joke with the GEO buffs. GEO did Malaise/Torpor, I think. On my turn for Conduit, I only got like five BPs off before he died. Highest was 28k, lowest 9k. No food, no aftermath (cuz I somehow managed to lose my TP), no Diamond Storm, no Conflag Strike. Just Impact, Dia2, and the GEO spells.

We tried a third one without Conduit just for fun. We decided to do a pair of Chaotic Strike > Flaming Crush SC's using Apogee and same GEO buffs, and see where it got us. Well it got us to about 50%, but then while waiting for BP timers he popped flow and killed us all. Pretty much as expected. ;)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Elizabet 2015-10-05 20:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rakshaka said: »
I started with impact via fenrir, diamond storm,

If the moon is kind, Lunar cry instead of Diamond Storm?

Still not able to do it... My FC are hitting for the same numbers yours are... But Every damn time he sigh in the middle of my conduit and then its miss miss miss miss.

Do you land them through sigh? Am I just fooked when he sigh mid-conduit? Is there a point you don't care about sigh and just land them anyways?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-10-06 09:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure he ever got a chance to use a TP move when we did him. Is it possible you're spending too much time debuffing him before you start the damage?
By Elizabet 2015-10-06 10:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Is it possible you're spending too much time debuffing him before you start the damage?

I spawn him, engage for trust to start being smart. Then I Apogee, Shattersoul, FC, FC, Conduit > FC .... then he sigh and I get *** with miss miss miss miss... >.<

This is literally, the last 5 attemps I did. Didn't even Dia2'd.

Too many trust giving it TP?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-10-06 16:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... naw I'm pretty sure we had Trusts too. Not sure. Maybe just unlucky. Or maybe needs Nirvana for the accuracy. :(

Can anyone confirm having done it without Nirvana? Even so I'm not sure about that, because I don't think I used food. So if you're using Shiromochi, you should be at a similar accuracy to me with Nirvana and no food. Besides an accuracy or luck issue, I can't think of what it might be. Sorry.