Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2015.08.11
Site Update 2015.08.11
By Draylo 2015-08-12 00:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Any chance for afterglow weapons to get higher points or for something like Ebisu +1
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 04:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
fonewear said: »
What happens if you block yourself though ? Can you avoid reading your own posts...

Turns out you can do that! Who knew?
Actually there's something that always bothered me...why can't I befriend myself?!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-12 05:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What happens if you block yourself though ? Can you avoid reading your own posts...

Actually there's something that always bothered me...why can't I befriend myself?!
I blacklisted myself in ffxi. It helped make my chat log less spammy in certain situations where I needed to have a lot of things unfiltered.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-12 07:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens if I blacklisted someone and I created say a forum, can they still read it?

More asking for those users who created Guides/use guides but may have pissed the guide owner off so their guide can't be seen/read?

i.e. I don't want to read their ***because I don't have the time, but I still want them to use the thread/info as a point of reference to help them get better, or even argue the point with others.

A personal falling out shouldn't hinder their progress in the game, at least that's my opinion.

Opinions?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-08-12 07:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It was asked for, and wasn't a ton of work to implement, so I'm giving it a try. There's certainly cases where it will stop problems from getting started in the first place. If it ultimately turns out to cause more problems than it solves, it'll go away, simple as that.

I'm never married to any particular feature, and occasionally experiments aren't going to work out (that's why they're experiments!). The upside of a frequent patch cycle is that we can see what works and what doesn't, and adjust appropriately.

I guess my biggest takeaway from it so far is: "Holy crap, you people are block happy!"
Unless I'm out of my mind (certainly debatable) there used to be a text input option to give a description, would be the best way (imo).

I know there has been things that don't fall into the categories but I can't really think of any off the top of my head (it's still a bit early).
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-08-12 07:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

I did that in FFXI. If you Disconnect then log into another character fast enough you can send yourself a friend request.

I always had a friend online!
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-12 08:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Any chance for afterglow weapons to get higher points or for something like Ebisu +1

Afterglows do get more points, just not a ton more (they're treated like all other progressions, 10% bonus). I'm changing the point system for RMEEs eventually, just had bigger fish to fry (like item level).

I don't know how hard the lushang/ebisu+1 quests are, I guess. Are they achievement worthy?

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
What happens if I blacklisted someone and I created say a forum, can they still read it?

More asking for those users who created Guides/use guides but may have pissed the guide owner off so their guide can't be seen/read?

i.e. I don't want to read their ***because I don't have the time, but I still want them to use the thread/info as a point of reference to help them get better, or even argue the point with others.

A personal falling out shouldn't hinder their progress in the game, at least that's my opinion.

Opinions?

A valid concern. I still don't get how so many of you are blocking/blocked by so many people.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-12 08:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you consider fixing the issue with total stat values in the "item set" tool? It appears to be stuck at some point years ago. For example, it ignores the stats on WoE HQ gear, such as Flume Belt +1, not to mention the base stats of all the SoA gear. VW and Abyssea gears are fine so maybe that is when the support for this tool was dropped.

I don't expect to see a system where we can manually add augment stats but it would be nice if it can finally sum up the base stats of newer gear.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-08-12 08:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking over my achievements and it shows merits hasve not been updated in 7 months. I log in to to guildworks through windower everytime i play, shouldnt this update on the AH?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-12 08:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Do you consider fixing the issue with total stat values in the "item set" tool? It appears to be stuck at some point years ago. For example, it ignores the stats on WoE HQ gear, such as Flume Belt +1, not to mention the base stats of all the SoA gear. VW and Abyssea gears are fine so maybe that is when the support for this tool was dropped.

I don't expect to see a system where we can manually add augment stats but it would be nice if it can finally sum up the base stats of newer gear.

Item sets (and the stat parser) need some tweaks overall, but I actually have a rough prototype for allowing augments on items as well. Right now the XIV dat miner is priority one, though. Soon, I hope!

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
I was looking over my achievements and it shows merits hasve not been updated in 7 months. I log in to to guildworks through windower everytime i play, shouldnt this update on the AH?

Looking at your profile, the GW timestamp means that's the last time we got data about that character. I can't look at your GW profile itself because it's hidden, but this might be something you need to ask GW about. We can't update your stuff if it never arrives. Try a "gw flush" the next time you're in game and see if you get an error message, I guess, but this looks like a GW problem.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-12 08:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Afterglows do get more points, just not a ton more (they're treated like all other progressions, 10% bonus). I'm changing the point system for RMEEs eventually, just had bigger fish to fry (like item level).

I don't know how hard the lushang/ebisu+1 quests are, I guess. Are they achievement worthy?

Opinions?

A valid concern. I still don't get how so many of you are blocking/blocked by so many people.

You sir have underestimated how petty humanity is.

SHAME ON YOU!

Personally it doesn't affect me in the slightest, I'll just keep my Troll account on standy if it ever happened, wasn't sure how it affected it though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-08-12 09:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Rod afterglow thing

Lu Shang +1 requires you to catch 60 different types of fish with Lu Shang equipped. Also need to complete the RoE Fishing (Tenacity) entries.

Ebisu requires you to catch 100 unique types of fish and then turn in 6 living legends (Matsya, Dragon's Tabernacle, Quicksilver Blade, Phantom Serpent, Lord of Ulbuka) which involves some rng and whatnot. Additionally, to catch Lord of Ulbuka you must have caught several other fish around Adoulin.

Whether this is difficult enough to warrant achievement points or not idk. I don't remember the original reason for not giving achievement points for Ebisu, either.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-08-12 09:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think players named Byrth should get an extra ten million points or so.

Unbiased opinion based on thorough research of my name.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-12 09:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I think players named Byrth should get an extra ten million points or so.

Unbiased opinion based on thorough research of my name.

I think players who where Notorious should get GOLDEN BANNERS

but meh
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-12 09:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about banners, but I'll see about getting you a golden something or other.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-12 09:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a notorious user? Someone who gives you a title after you argue with them on the forum?
Guide Maker
By Seha 2015-08-12 09:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't get how so many of you are blocking/blocked by so many people
I don't know how others use the feature. Me, save for a couple of exceptions, I only block people temporarily.
I might get upset easily, but also get over it. So instead of leaving the forum and not talk to anyone anymore, if I am upset at someone I just block that person until the desire to talk to them angrily passes. Chances are I still won't like them after unblocking, however I will at least be quiet.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-12 09:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I haven't had to block anyone on FFXIAH.

In game, that's a different story. Usually it's just because someone has an incredibly annoying emote, or because some prat has sent me a /tell complaining that I (and 50 other people) have undercut him on the AH.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-08-12 10:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well now that they are banning for botting and such, fishing skill from now on is pretty decent achievement lol.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-08-12 10:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »

Item sets (and the stat parser) need some tweaks overall, but I actually have a rough prototype for allowing augments on items as well. Right now the XIV dat miner is priority one, though. Soon, I hope!

Looking at your profile, the GW timestamp means that's the last time we got data about that character. I can't look at your GW profile itself because it's hidden, but this might be something you need to ask GW about. We can't update your stuff if it never arrives. Try a "gw flush" the next time you're in game and see if you get an error message, I guess, but this looks like a GW problem.
Fixed the profile on gw now everyone can see it.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-08-12 10:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

At first glance, AH looks to be up to date with what's on GW. If your merits and job points are wrong, they're wrong in both places, which means it's a GW issue. Sorry.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-08-12 11:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

At first glance, AH looks to be up to date with what's on GW. If your merits and job points are wrong, they're wrong in both places, which means it's a GW issue. Sorry.
I will try the /gw flush hopefully it works, if not i will put in a ticket with them.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-08-12 11:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about banners, but I'll see about getting you a golden something or other.

Already had my shower today thx!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2015-08-12 11:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Rooks ^_^ This site has been so helpful since I returned :))