Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » returning player jp questions
returning player jp questions
 Sylph.Terrorized
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Terror
By Sylph.Terrorized 2015-07-14 11:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello I've been back about a week and curious of a good beast solo area for jp. I've not earned my first one yet on any jobs. I have anwig a 118 axe, mstr glv +2, mstr boots +2 and astolfo -11 PDT, twilight helm and mail, ferine hat +1, ferin hands +2, aeotaur boots and pants. I'm using my cellphone to type this so I can't look at my gear at the moment and auto correct is preventing me from typing item names correctly. Also have x4 trusts. I'll add to this when I get home. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
By Numquam 2015-07-14 12:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo in Moh, the efts/leech camps are pretty dead with the campaign over. If there are people there, either team up or poke around the chapulis or raptor camp. You need to have defeated Achuka to gain access to the "secret" area of Moh Gates. Don't forget the awesome power of capacity rings and if you can find Qultada Trust, he'll use COR roll as long as you have the ring active. Happy BSTing!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-07-15 10:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My cp camps usually go in line with farming materials for cooking my pet food theta.

For ruszor meat I farm them in Kamihr Drifts j-7. To get to this camp you need to take frontier #3, go north and hug the right wall till you enter another cave, keep hugging the right wall and exit out. If you see ashen tigers you are at the right spot. The slobbering ruszors are nearby. With trizek ring, kupofried, qultada, and all the roe reives completed I average around 800-1400 cp per kill. When the trizek ring runs out i switch to my capacity ring and my cp ranges from 400-900 per kill.

For puk eggs, Ive been getting them recently by killing puks in boyahda tree. The cp is alot less and to note this not even the best place to farm puk eggs (abyssea: la theine is), but its a good place to burn gov book pages and plvl some linkshell mates during the process. The average cp per kill is around 80-190 for me but you can get the cp chain very high and maintain a good killing pace. Ill get about 1-2 jp an hour here.

Hope this helps!
By Thandor 2015-07-15 19:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it even worth it to make thetas now that the npc sells them?
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-07-16 10:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Making them still saves me a lot of gil and the freedom to use up as many as I need without remorse. One stack of ruszor meat and puk eggs is 4+ stacks of theta, plus some extra jp. It just makes sense to me.
[+]