Huzzah Ares!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Huzzah Ares!
Huzzah Ares!
First Page 2
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-27 15:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got it done.

15 part dropped Sunday, allowing me to turn everything in that night. Received the completed piece on Monday. Finally shows up on my profile today.

Found it: Ares's Cuirass.

Now to hand out credit to worthy folks...

First off.... my real heartfelt thanks go out (in no particular order) to the members of Affinity LS: Happygilmore, Treliant, Raenef, Cair, Frodobald, Rewindz, Forcestar, Jaclyn, Kiilau, Garytwo, Glowstick, and Tyriont. God I hope that's everyone.

Special thanks also go out to everyone who let me go with them on ISNM and to my fellow Mount Z miners who worked cooperatively with me in splitting the zone.

Oh and last but certainly not least...

THANK YOU Korpg with as much backhanded sarcasm as I can muster. THANK YOU ya asshat for saying I'd never get it. It's a shame that I can't post a quote from that Khroma Ore mining thread that you trolled but I know what you said. THANK YOU ya asshat for giving me that extra little push to finish what had been a several month effort. t(-.-t)
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-27 15:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

cool grats on yer body!
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-08-27 15:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

o.o Congratulations.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-08-27 15:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't this be in the Asura tab?
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-27 15:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg being an ***? I dont believe it!

lol congrats tho buddy! well deserved im sure!
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-27 15:13:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
t(-.-t)

I liked this part the most. Not because of who it's directed towards, but that well deserved finger to everything that could've dragged you down.

Congrats!
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-27 15:22:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i saw it. i was like O.O wat
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-27 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
LoL I suppose... IF Alyria or any of the other mods would be so kind as to please move this to the proper spot that would be awesome sauce.

Really, I was just excited to see the body piece finally show up in my profile to show as proof of ownership. Being a console player I can't take SS of chat log, and I have been unable to post the SS I took with a camera because I'm missing the darn USB cable to hook it up to my laptop.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-27 15:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Artemicion said:
LoL I suppose. *shrug* if Alyria or any of the other mods would be so kind as to please move this to the proper spot that would be awesome sauce.

waitwha?

Aly's not the only mod?
 Asura.Raenef
user: Raenef
By Asura.Raenef 2009-08-27 15:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot Jackd. Waru and Kazin too, but I think the crumpet muncher and Special K haven't been around. They're still in the shell! Lol, grats nub.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-27 15:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh

It was bound to happen so thank you for the assist Rae-Rae... damn I knew our roster was deep but 15 people? LoL :D
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-08-27 16:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Artemicion said:
LoL I suppose... IF Alyria or any of the other mods would be so kind as to please move this to the proper spot that would be awesome sauce.

Really, I was just excited to see the body piece finally show up in my profile to show as proof of ownership. Being a console player I can't take SS of chat log, and I have been unable to post the SS I took with a camera because I'm missing the darn USB cable to hook it up to my laptop.
Card Reader ftw. And I'm sure most have similar sentiments to my own... No one cares what pieces of gear you have acquired. :P
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-27 17:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

THANK YOU Korpg with as much backhanded sarcasm as I can muster. THANK YOU ya asshat for saying I'd never get it. It's a shame that I can't post a quote from that Khroma Ore mining thread that you trolled but I know what you said. THANK YOU ya asshat for giving me that extra little push to finish what had been a several month effort. t(-.-t)

I never said you wouldn't get it, I said you couldn't use it right.

btw, grats on showing your true colors without provocation. I did not say one word towards you in a long *** time and you already throw up the defensive.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-27 17:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenef said:
You forgot Jackd. Waru and Kazin too, but I think the crumpet muncher and Special K haven't been around. They're still in the shell! Lol, grats nub.

Alyria said:
Other mods? Just a lil info, the old mods, don't mod anymore. It's just me.

I win!
/runningman
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-27 17:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
No one cares what pieces of gear you have acquired. :P

QFT
lolAresPLD?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-27 18:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

He has PLD! Its best use <_<
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-27 18:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Korpg said:

Lets take away the 2 most important stats away for PLD to be of any use in ANY situation and just add refresh?

You mean to tell me that this is the best a PLD can use?

I mean, come on.....you can get better ***for free or you can get something that costs about 200k which is much better at keeping hate than what he got.

In all honesty, he got an e-peen piece, and proof that he has gil to waste. Nothing more.
[+]
 Asura.Gavvy
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-27 18:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Raenryong said:
Korpg said:

Lets take away the 2 most important stats away for PLD to be of any use in ANY situation and just add refresh?

You mean to tell me that this is the best a PLD can use?

I mean, come on.....you can get better ***for free or you can get something that costs about 200k which is much better at keeping hate than what he got.

In all honesty, he got an e-peen piece, and proof that he has gil to waste. Nothing more.

You really are a *** idiot. Please. Never speak again. Ever.

Oh, and grats Mal :)
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-27 18:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gavvy said:

You really are a *** idiot. Please. Never speak again. Ever.

Prove me wrong then.

Until then, you are just a Malekith fan. You love to talk ***but can't back up your thoughts or words. Which is like Malekith.
[+]
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-27 18:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Right.

Q. How do endgame PLDs hold hate?
A. Through spells and abilities.

Q. What do spells cost?
A. MP.

Q. Which PLD body pieces give Refresh, without limiting the head slot?
A. Ares's Cuirass.

^_^b

Edit: Not to mention the STR/ATK which helps PLD over come it's bane of hitting for 0. And the HP/MP+3% is rather nice.

Ares's Cuirass IS the best body. Regardless of what you think Kor. You're not a PLD.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-08-27 18:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Refresh on any piece that you can safely idle in is more than most jobs can ask for. I think you're reaching a little (read: A LOT) because you don't like Malekith. Now it's a discussion about the use of Ares body for PLD, which won't work out well in your favor, I'd think. lol
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-27 18:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gavvy said:
Right.

Q. How do endgame PLDs hold hate?
A. Through spells and abilities.

Q. What do spells cost?
A. MP.

Q. Which PLD body pieces give Refresh, without limiting the head slot?
A. Ares's Cuirass.

^_^b

So, most situations, you don't have a RDM in your party for Refresh?

Or how about Parade Gorget?

None of those? I mean come on now, you rather sacrafice enmity and accuracy just to have 1 more MP per tick? 5 MP not good enough, but 6 mp is?

You serious?
[+]
 Bahamut.Rydiya
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-08-27 18:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh drop it you two, We all know Korpg thrives on pissing people off, especially those from Asura. Malekith got Ares, Great *** deal. Stfu plox.
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-27 18:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, I'm bored. He's a noob. Tis fun to poke sticks.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-27 18:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Macros!

Ares is the top idle body in any situation where you are not engaged to the enemy and even better in some that you are (slightly lower support situation where you still want to build TP for Atonement/Chivalry).

IR Hauberk is just your enmity swap body so not comparable; Haubergeon is and the answer is that they are both situational but Ares eclipses any other body in straight tank scenarios without significant TP gain.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-08-27 18:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Macros!

Ares is the top idle body in any situation where you are not engaged to the enemy and even better in some that you are (slightly lower support situation where you still want to build TP for Atonement/Chivalry).

IR Hauberk is just your enmity swap body so not comparable; Haubergeon is and the answer is that they are both situational but Ares eclipses any other body in straight tank scenarios without significant TP gain.

Vermy is cheaper.....still saying that for Refresh, its worth spending 13+ mil and a whole hell alot of your time for something that you could get for 500k and resell it when you feel like it?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-08-27 19:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I never said Ares was worth the money/effort, just that it's really good :p Vermillion Cloak cripples your melee ability as well; Ares does not.

If you're not engaged on Tiamat it would be handy to idle in Ares Cuirass/Bahamut's Mask when on the ground etc etc.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-27 19:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

God Dammit I'm such an idiot, I nearly forgot the most important person...

A very special thank you to Echandra for synthing 11 of the 12 ingots I needed. I mined 20/24 Khroma ores, bought 10 wootz, and go figure 1 of the last 2 ingots I bought to finish the stack was made by him.

For those saying it was 15M or whatever market rate would value it, FYI I paid only ~4M total which is about 1M less than I paid for my Avalon Breastplate when it first came out... Macros... I got those...

t(-.-t) For all those non-75 PLD, /37 onrry haters out there...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-08-27 19:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

says the guy that just clumped ares' cuirass, iron ram hauberk and haubergeon all into the same category for usefulness.

you shouldn't be talking at all.

tp in haubergeon if the target is viable to be slammed with atonement (in turn, joyeuse obviously if you don't have excalibur).

if not (dark ixion, tiamat, passively tanking khimaira, ect), idle in ares' cuirass (chainsaw sword/hauteclaire for weapon), but always pop iron ram hauberk (or alternatively better, hydra haubert) into +enmity-related actions (sentinel/rampart/flash/ect).

anywho, grats on the cuirass i suppose, though for some reason i've never really viewed it as that amazing of an achievement; the qiqirns are kind toward dropping deimos's cuirass, or atleast in my experiences. :|
 Asura.Gavvy
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-08-27 19:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Haubergeon? I don't understand over the noise of my Hydra Haubert.
First Page 2