Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster vs. Escha-Zitah T1-T3+ NM's
Beastmaster vs. Escha-Zitah T1-T3+ NM's
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-24 16:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Relic hands still should be a minimum of 109 for Patrick and a few others.

As for Spur, it's 30 attack in addition to 30% bonus damage on ready moves. It's colossally powerful.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-24 16:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Gotta get dem JPs. It's like night and day between having them and not.

A lot of people think 100jp is the goal for the ready move delay. It isn't. 110 is. Cap ready move damage and spur. Your moves will do 40% more damage. That is an incredible amount considering how much damage ready moves already do.
I didn't realize that 30 attack under Spur was that big of a deal. 30% more damage off just that?

Quote:
Relic hands to at least 109 for Call Beast.
Do these matter if you have 5/5 Affinity merits?

Yeah, you need both to get the lizard pet to 119.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-24 18:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Yes, Relic hands still should be a minimum of 109 for Patrick and a few others.

As for Spur, it's 30 attack in addition to 30% bonus damage on ready moves. It's colossally powerful.
How odd, it only says increases Physical Attack +3
 Siren.Jedd
Server: Siren
user: Jedd
By Siren.Jedd 2015-06-24 18:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done Gestalt T1 Hecatyes solo? I'd love to get me a Despair Helm but theres no info I can find on it. If so what pet and how hard was it?

I've only been to Escha like twice so far so maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the NMs required three people to spawn? Maybe I'm thinking of something else. Would be nice to be able to solo a Despair Helm since I've been having little luck in getting people for Escha stuff in general.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-24 18:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Jedd said: »
Has anyone done Gestalt T1 Hecatyes solo? I'd love to get me a Despair Helm but theres no info I can find on it. If so what pet and how hard was it?

I've only been to Escha like twice so far so maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the NMs required three people to spawn? Maybe I'm thinking of something else. Would be nice to be able to solo a Despair Helm since I've been having little luck in getting people for Escha stuff in general.
They do, can use mules or whatever though.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-06-28 01:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any insight on doing Ferrodon, Vidala and Pazuzu as BST? Tried doing these NMs a few ways, with a few setups, and no luck so far. I haven't tried Pazu yet though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-28 09:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Anyone have any insight on doing Ferrodon, Vidala and Pazuzu as BST? Tried doing these NMs a few ways, with a few setups, and no luck so far. I haven't tried Pazu yet though.

Ferrodon and Vidala are both just Razor Fang until it's dead fights. What setup are you using? How good are your BSTs?

Pazu, as with most T3s, is going to require support. GEO+ either COR or RDM to help with it's insanely high evasion, eat shiromochi, maybe use run wild. Razor fang until it is dead.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-28 12:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I even refresh a page!?

Ignore this.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-28 20:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Vidala is best put down before he can gain too many levels. Keep a distance and go nuts with damage. Getting white !! seems to lower those levels (perhaps just 1 level per proc?), which can be done with a large amount of wind damage. I'd be curious to see if it's possible to Amnesia him, which would certainly make it a joke of a fight.

Ferrodon gains considerable strength as he uses Boiling Blood, which can make Crippling Slam absolutely devastating (even to a tank). Two ways to avoid this: One is to use a stunner (Zeid 2 at least has instant reaction), the other is to use Utsusemi (Gessho, especially with Marches and Inspiration from Amchuchu, can handle this).