2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Maat Sucks
Maat Sucks
First Page 2
By lhova 2015-05-15 11:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, trying to beat Maat on 67 Thf on my mule account to get past 75 and he stinks. I've tried the dd strat of capping Eva, protect and ss scroll. Taco for food, opo for 1000TP (actually used 8 sleep potions for 2000tp). Opened with SA then Shark bite he uses PD, I used PD, mines wore, used I wing Shark bite and then he kills me since Im not medicated. Took him to 40%. Any better strats and or can we use trusts in there yet?
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-15 11:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried stealing from him?
[+]
 Phoenix.Slugster
Server: Phoenix
user: Beau
By Phoenix.Slugster 2015-05-15 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

cap your dagger
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-15 11:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Stealing his warp scroll is probably the easiest way to manage on thf, but you need your AF and an accessory or two.
By Chyula 2015-05-15 11:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

stealing is all random, it took me 14 fights to finally stole the scroll from him with all the steal gears available. thats a total of 28 steal attempts. yeah random is ***.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 11:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Yeah, trying to beat Maat on 67 Thf on my mule account to get past 75 and he stinks. I've tried the dd strat of capping Eva, protect and ss scroll. Taco for food, opo for 1000TP (actually used 8 sleep potions for 2000tp). Opened with SA then Shark bite he uses PD, I used PD, mines wore, used I wing Shark bite and then he kills me since Im not medicated. Took him to 40%. Any better strats and or can we use trusts in there yet?

Wait so you've had increased Dagger skills, 10~15% Damage increase on Weaponskills and you can't do what people did before Maat was nerfed years ago?

You must be seriously undergeared or really bad skill wise (I'll imagine the first tbh).

Have you tried a blink Band as well for a couple extra shadows?

When you WS the first time, it should take him down to the point where he will PD, then you PD + Pop your TP wing!

Couple of things to remember trying:

Blood Bolts/Acid Bolts (That means use something not a shitty bomerang) and take 10% off his defense on initial Pull, the additional chance from 10% less defense will be huge for you and your ws.

Bear in mind PD can't dodge Ranged attacks~ so you can use this time to ranged him (30 seconds should amount to ~ 7~10 shots for blood or acid bolts for hp boost or even poison bolts) I'd personally Grab Blood on first shots to cap HP unless HP is capped, then Acid, then poison for extra Tics.

Wiki:

With blazing agile movements, this secret technique allows the Thief to disrupt the enemy and completely avoid all physical melee attacks. However, this ability cannot dodge ranged attacks or magic.

If you fail after all this, then there is no hope for you beating him melee style and I suggest leveling Summoner for the easiest Maat fight imagineable.
[+]
By lhova 2015-05-15 13:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Wait so you've had increased Dagger skills, 10~15% Damage increase on Weaponskills and you can't do what people did before Maat was nerfed years ago?

You must be seriously undergeared or really bad skill wise (I'll imagine the first tbh).

Have you tried a blink Band as well for a couple extra shadows?

When you WS the first time, it should take him down to the point where he will PD, then you PD + Pop your TP wing!

Couple of things to remember trying:

Blood Bolts/Acid Bolts (That means use something not a shitty bomerang) and take 10% off his defense on initial Pull, the additional chance from 10% less defense will be huge for you and your ws.

Bear in mind PD can't dodge Ranged attacks~ so you can use this time to ranged him (30 seconds should amount to ~ 7~10 shots for blood or acid bolts for hp boost or even poison bolts) I'd personally Grab Blood on first shots to cap HP unless HP is capped, then Acid, then poison for extra Tics.

Wiki:

With blazing agile movements, this secret technique allows the Thief to disrupt the enemy and completely avoid all physical melee attacks. However, this ability cannot dodge ranged attacks or magic.

If you fail after all this, then there is no hope for you beating him melee style and I suggest leveling Summoner for the easiest Maat fight imagineable.

Yeah, its a mule account so the gear does suck and the options are limited without investing serious farm time (which I'm really trying to avoid). Purpose of this char is for addl salvage farming and I really didn't think Maat would be this much of an *** since my original victory was on red mage back in the day.

I also read stuff saying that his evasion was ridiculous and that even with capped marks (mines is probably at 0 atm) it was a waste of time to use bolts. My first Shark bite at 2000tp did approx 650 and prior to that my sneak attack did about 220. Again he used PD and I probably should have tried the flee method until his wore, popped mine and tped him and ws until mines wore. Then maybe pop Iwing to try to sc and finish him off. IDK.
By fillerbunny9 2015-05-15 13:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

then go knock out the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel content in like 2 hours (probably only need first KI, so no more than 30 min) to enable Trusts for use in the BC, and clear it that way.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 13:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

+

His evasion is far from too high to land a Bolt, the absolute floor is 20% so you have 1 in 5 chance of landing a Bolt, you have 10 shots? thats a high chance of landing at least 2? however if you are going to Flee instead (This works better) then bair in mind you can WS at the Max WS range which is justoutside Melee range and get Sneak attack stacked on Shark Bite (2k WS you can enjoy your one shot victory over Maat.) Totally nullifying all your effort thusfar.
By lhova 2015-05-15 13:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
then go knock out the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel content in like 2 hours (probably only need first KI, so no more than 30 min) to enable Trusts for use in the BC, and clear it that way.

Now thats what I'm talking about! I thought I read somewhere that we will be able to have more than three trusts summoned at 1 time and use them against Maat, but I wasn't sure. Source? And is there a Rhapsodies page yet?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2015-05-15 14:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want easy mode for Maat do him on SAM. No way anyone could possibly fail it 3 times in a row.

Wow no "What is this 200X?" comment? Shocker

Post deleted by User.
By Nyruul 2015-05-15 14:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point.
By lhova 2015-05-15 14:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a Rhapodies thread yet explaining how to gain access to trusts during the Maat fight and how to summon additional trusts? Thanks!
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2015-05-15 14:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

there's no reason not to flee and kite during his PD so yours wont be wasted.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-15 15:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Have you tried stealing from him?
Rabbit charm and thf's kote is what I used. Need to be lvl 70 for kote though.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-15 15:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to confirm something real quick. Ihova, you do realize that stealing from Maat automatically wins the fight, right? If you're having trouble with that, that's one thing. It just seems like you're dead set on melee when that isn't the only way to win.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 16:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I need to confirm something real quick. Ihova, you do realize that stealing from Maat automatically wins the fight, right? If you're having trouble with that, that's one thing. It just seems like you're dead set on melee when that isn't the only way to win.

It's a really low chance of success though.

With that said, Earthsday is fabled to give a bonus to Steal ability, so maybe go on Earthsday open with WS throw Steal right after and Pray to RNGesus

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 16:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

It's a really low chance of success though.

With that said, Earthsday is fabled to give a bonus to Steal ability, so maybe go on Earthsday open with WS throw Steal right after and Pray to RNGesus
Excuse you, earthday is a proven fact.

Proven Fact aye, this I gotta see.

Have you got a Source?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 16:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
/kills
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-05-15 16:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.earthday.org/

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 16:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just referencing the thread that started that rumour nerd lol

Pfft!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 16:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
/kills
Your current warrior could not kill me lol
Want to bet? My WAR isn't that bad geared before I left!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-05-15 16:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

/kills

Hey now!

Lets not turn this into a 100Million gil bet like that Drk did...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 16:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

/kills

Hey now!

Lets not turn this into a 100Million gil bet like that Drk did...
Or lets do!

j/k
First Page 2