WHM Stoneskin Spell

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM Stoneskin Spell
WHM Stoneskin Spell
First Page 2
Offline
Posts: 478
By Masterbuyer 2015-04-30 18:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Can anyone tell us if there's any more gear out there like those ones below?






Thanks fillerbunny9 :P

Boo PLD can't wear this ><
Offline
Posts: 1082
By fillerbunny9 2015-04-30 18:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11037/earthcry-earring
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
Posts: 2072
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-30 18:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
For some reason I thought Stone Mufflers was all jobs. Meh.

Also, Shedir Seraweels. 15 more Stoneskin potency than Haven.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
Posts: 370
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2015-04-30 18:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&description=Enhances%20%22Stoneskin%22%20effect#adv
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
Posts: 2469
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-30 18:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I haven't tested, but Stone Gorget has the comment that it only Enhances Stoneskin to the person wearing the gear. So Accession > Stoneskin will NOT increase the effect on party members, only you. So all the other gear may be this way also.
 Asura.Materdark
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 283
By Asura.Materdark 2015-04-30 18:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I haven't tested, but Stone Gorget has the comment that it only Enhances Stoneskin to the person wearing the gear. So Accession > Stoneskin will NOT increase the effect on party members, only you. So all the other gear may be this way also.

Going to use it for PLD cleaving set stoneskin :P
Can't wait to pull train of mobs......................
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-04-30 19:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
has an ochain, has access to phalanx, is concerned with a stoneskin build

facepalm
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2164
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-30 20:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
While I hate to defend anything this guy is saying...

Using stoneskin pre-pull for cleaving is a good thing to do. It limits the TP gain of the mobs while pulling, and keeps HP high till you can get them positioned properly in front of you. This is particularly important when cleaving mobs with nasty TP moves, like umbrils or dullahan. And after all, Ochain doesn't do you much good when the mobs are hitting you in the ***.

But that's only for the pull. If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot. Using SS at that point would defeat the point of PLD cleaving. That being, shield mastery TP gain.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 7150
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-30 21:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
Using stoneskin pre-pull for cleaving is a good thing to do. It limits the TP gain of the mobs while pulling, and keeps HP high till you can get them positioned properly in front of you. This is particularly important when cleaving mobs with nasty TP moves, like umbrils or dullahan. And after all, Ochain doesn't do you much good when the mobs are hitting you in the ***.

Nay good sir for I wear my Aegis on my back like a turtle shell!
 Ragnarok.Martel
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2164
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-30 21:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
Using stoneskin pre-pull for cleaving is a good thing to do. It limits the TP gain of the mobs while pulling, and keeps HP high till you can get them positioned properly in front of you. This is particularly important when cleaving mobs with nasty TP moves, like umbrils or dullahan. And after all, Ochain doesn't do you much good when the mobs are hitting you in the ***.

Nay good sir for I wear my Aegis on my back like a turtle shell!
Not like it would block anything anyway. -.-; So SE... about that Ilvl Aegis....
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 283
By Asura.Materdark 2015-05-01 09:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
While I hate to defend anything this guy is saying...

Using stoneskin pre-pull for cleaving is a good thing to do. It limits the TP gain of the mobs while pulling, and keeps HP high till you can get them positioned properly in front of you. This is particularly important when cleaving mobs with nasty TP moves, like umbrils or dullahan. And after all, Ochain doesn't do you much good when the mobs are hitting you in the ***.

But that's only for the pull. If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot. Using SS at that point would defeat the point of PLD cleaving. That being, shield mastery TP gain.

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
has an ochain, has access to phalanx, is concerned with a stoneskin build

facepalm


"But that's only for the pull. If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot."

I only need it for pre pulling mobs so stop being a poker face lol
Stop assuming bs*** I don't need you to defend me defend yourself before you defend others.

Hate animals that bark at the wrong time tho. Here fetch and stop following me around.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
If you haven't got any good thing to say don't say it please.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2164
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-05-01 09:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I wasn't assuming anything. Are you familiar with the word "If"? Do you know what it means? There's a reason that statement started with it.

In case your reading comprehension wasn't up to it, my post was largely supporting you, with that one caveat. And "if"(there's that word again) you were only using SS for the pull, like I was saying, then there's no need to get offended. Because, as I stated, using it under those condition is entirely reasonable, and a good tactic.

But feel free to be offended by this post, cause now I am actually making fun of you. Just thought I'd spell it out for you, ya know, so you could tell.

Also, please work on your English. It's terrible. "An poker face?" Do you even know what that means? That's not even an insult in this language. What are you on about? Ahh, also. It would be A poker face, not An.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-05-01 10:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
damn, first time I've seen Martel get rustled, interesting

Masterdark is pretty annoying to be fair
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Offline
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
Posts: 3285
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-05-01 10:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Why's this thread under WHM if your interest is only PLD?
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 283
By Asura.Materdark 2015-05-01 10:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Why's this thread under WHM if your interest is only PLD?

cause I'm planing to use it with WHM and PLD ><

again don't use the word IF lol


Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I wasn't assuming anything. Are you familiar with the word "If"? Do you know what it means? There's a reason that statement started with it.

In case your reading comprehension wasn't up to it, my post was largely supporting you, with that one caveat. And "if"(there's that word again) you were only using SS for the pull, like I was saying, then there's no need to get offended. Because, as I stated, using it under those condition is entirely reasonable, and a good tactic.

But feel free to be offended by this post, cause now I am actually making fun of you. Just thought I'd spell it out for you, ya know, so you could tell.

Also, please work on your English. It's terrible. "An poker face?" Do you even know what that means? That's not even an insult in this language. What are you on about? Ahh, also. It would be A poker face, not An.

"While I hate to defend anything this guy is saying..."
Could say the same...
"In case your reading comprehension wasn't up to it, my post was largely supporting you"
Right...
"But that's only for the pull. If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot."
So you think someone will do that lol...you really are dumb to say that how does pld get TP when cleaving?

Don't defend me and again don't use the word IF lol
If only you kept your mouth shut.
Like I said I don't need support from you I'm not offended again you assuming things again???

poker face lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
Posts: 27965
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-01 10:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Never seen someone so offended by the word "if"... I'm afraid to see what happens when he sees the word "or."
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 283
By Asura.Materdark 2015-05-01 10:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Never seen someone so offended by the word "if"... I'm afraid to see what happens when he sees the word "or."

not offended by the word he could have used something else but not the word if ><
 Shiva.Spathaian
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
Posts: 27965
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-01 10:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
He was introducing a conditional clause. If is one of the best words to use for that.
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 283
By Asura.Materdark 2015-05-01 11:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
He was introducing a conditional clause. If is one of the best words to use for that.

"But that's only for the pull. If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot."

I'm sorry but he was suggesting I might be doing it >< Which in fact I don't think he knows how to cleave as pld lol

"While I hate to defend anything this guy is saying..."

don't assume things and don't follow me around.
 Asura.Pergatory
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
Posts: 1066
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-05-01 12:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
Posts: 3927
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-01 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Materdark said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
He was introducing a conditional clause. If is one of the best words to use for that.

"But that's only for the pull. If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot."

I'm sorry but he was suggesting I might be doing it >< Which in fact I don't think he knows how to cleave as pld lol

"While I hate to defend anything this guy is saying..."

don't assume things and don't follow me around.
Lmao, so glad I moved off Asura.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
Posts: 197
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-05-01 12:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
poker face (n)

A face lacking any interpretable expression, as that of an expert poker player.


Like Martel said, it's not an insult. Calling him a poker face makes zero sense lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2015-05-01 13:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 


Let's get back to the topic.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
Posts: 3927
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-05-01 13:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »


Let's get back to the topic.
By posting a cat picture? I'm on to you!
[+]
 Asura.Materdark
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 283
By Asura.Materdark 2015-05-01 14:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Odin.Tamoa said: »
Quote:
poker face (n)

A face lacking any interpretable expression, as that of an expert poker player.


Like Martel said, it's not an insult. Calling him a poker face makes zero sense lol.

I wasn't trying to insult him just a funny remark of mines lol too someone I know on facebook.

"If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot"

We are at the end of times for final fantasy XI I don't why would any PLD would do that? (maybe when he said this statement he has been trying it out)

Care to explain why would any pld would want too maintain stoneskin while cleaving?

I can only think of one but want to hear from you first...
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-05-01 15:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Materdark said: »
Odin.Tamoa said: »
Quote:
poker face (n)

A face lacking any interpretable expression, as that of an expert poker player.


Like Martel said, it's not an insult. Calling him a poker face makes zero sense lol.

I wasn't trying to insult him just a funny remark of mines lol too someone I know on facebook.

"If he's planning on maintaining stoneskin after getting positioned then he's just being an idiot"

We are at the end of times for final fantasy XI I don't why would any PLD would do that? (maybe when he said this statement he has been trying it out)

Care to explain why would any pld would want too maintain stoneskin while cleaving?

I can only think of one but want to hear from you first...

What is it about it being a conditional statement that you fail to understand?

1. Use stoneskin for pull. **Good**
2. Use stoneskin for cleaving. **Bad**

The condition of "if" you do #2 (**Bad**), then you are an idiot. But "if" you do not do #2, but only #1 (**Good**), then you are fine.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2015-05-01 15:43:48
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
Offline
Posts: 478
By Masterbuyer 2015-05-01 16:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Protey said: »
The condition of "if" you do #2 (**Bad**), then you are an idiot. But "if" you do not do #2, but only #1 (**Good**), then you are fine.

Again why would ANY PLD would want to cleave while having stoneskin up when taking hits?

Was there a need for that statement? IF only he was straight not bent we would not have this problem lol
 Leviathan.Protey
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
Posts: 685
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-05-01 16:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Masterbuyer said: »
Leviathan.Protey said: »
The condition of "if" you do #2 (**Bad**), then you are an idiot. But "if" you do not do #2, but only #1 (**Good**), then you are fine.

Again why would ANY PLD would want to cleave while having stoneskin up when taking hits?

Was there a need for that statement? IF only he was straight not bent we would not have this problem lol

That's the point!!! You are an idiot "if" you as a PLD cleave with stoneskin up because no intelligent PLD would do so. There was a need for the statement because he did not know at the time what your intention was.
First Page 2
Log in to post.