2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst in dyna
Bst in dyna
By buddahbug 2015-04-24 01:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there

After a long break, I see gear and pets have changed.
Is falcor still the best pet for dyna with TH or is there a better choice now?
Thank you

Barry
 Bahamut.Mustybadger
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mustybadger 2015-04-24 02:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

THF can solo with absolutely no problems in Dynamis these days and it's difficult to see any pro's to using BST over THF, especially as you can solo to 99 within a day or two.

If you have to go BST then Threestar Lynn has TH1 and caps at i119. Think Falcorr caps at 99.
By buddahbug 2015-04-24 03:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thankyou
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-24 03:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How long has your break been? When I last played BST in Dyna was before ilvl and I found pets had trouble hitting the higher level mobs so always had to stick with the lower level ones.

These days, pets are quite strong and I would imagine they would rip through even the higher level mobs now, someone correct me if I'm wrong of course.

As mentioned, any THF should be able to solo dynamis even in full sparks gear, evasion is so high that mobs will rarely hit you and magic evasion from ilvl gear really helps do resist nukes.
By poorenglish 2015-04-25 01:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in it for currency, thf is probably your best option. If you're in it for gil, there's little difficulty in soloing ADL for marrows. In 1 run I normally have the time to do 2 pops using my 1hrs. It's a minimum 2 marrows a run unless I get really unlucky with drops. You farm with the rabbit and you kill ADL with bertha.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-04-25 06:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

poorenglish said: »
If you're in it for currency, thf is probably your best option. If you're in it for gil, there's little difficulty in soloing ADL for marrows. In 1 run I normally have the time to do 2 pops using my 1hrs. It's a minimum 2 marrows a run unless I get really unlucky with drops. You farm with the rabbit and you kill ADL with bertha.

do you think you could give me a run down on what to do for ADL? im wanting to try this, i just came back from a bit of a break though and ive never fought him before so i dont know how he behaves.
By poorenglish 2015-04-25 18:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
do you think you could give me a run down on what to do for ADL? im wanting to try this, i just came back from a bit of a break though and ive never fought him before so i dont know how he behaves.

I pop spur before I pop ADL. Then I runwild/unleash and spam tegmina buffets till its dead. I keep my distance in case of aoe terror/cone death. After about 45 seconds of him being up a few copies of him spawn on you and begin running towards your pet, I back off during this because they do some aoe dmg move that can kill you if you're close to them. Once they do that, if pet ain't dead I run back in ready distance and keep spamming buffet till they're all dead. If pet is dead I'll call an NQ grasshopper and do the same thing. It normally takes me 4-5 tegmina buffets for the fight. It took me a few tries to get it down so no biggie. Good luck.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Aramachus
Server: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2015-05-29 12:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been back after a long break too (pre item level era) and wondering how much better is thf against bst concerning currency farming nowadays? I get about 300 currency in a run on bst/dnc, does thf really get that much more?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-05-29 13:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually got more then 500 in dreamlands with TH8 thf/dnc solo very casually on Decent Challenges :)
By volkom 2015-05-29 13:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a semi mediocre thief~ do near 500 easy in Tavnazia.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-29 19:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aramachus said: »
Ive been back after a long break too (pre item level era) and wondering how much better is thf against bst concerning currency farming nowadays? I get about 300 currency in a run on bst/dnc, does thf really get that much more?

I get like 250-300+, or did like a year ago before the newer jugs came out. Bubu/Dunes.

I haven't tried on thf as my thf is uber gimp, but I've been meaning to remedy that.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-29 19:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aramachus said: »

Thf and dnc are both quite a bit better. You can get 600 currency on either job in Dreamlands Dynamis, perhaps more. The most I've gotten on BST, and this was 2014 so before Alluvion Skirmish armor with massive DW as well as step timer update, was probably about 350 or 375? I could see maybe 425 on BST. You're down Treasure Hunter and the killspeed advantage you get from having your pet finish mobs disappears with any competition.

But if you like doing Dynamis on BST, I say go for it. I farmed lots of currency post-ilvl gear in Dyna on my BST, Salvage too... it's more enjoyable to me compared to THF and even DNC.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-29 20:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a mule or THF friend...

Summon any pet that can deal AoE damage. Head for Dynamis Jueno. Pull a shitton of mobs, have the THF Aeolian Edge the group, Have teh pet one-shot teh group. Watch untold fortunes drop. You won't be bothering to proc anything, mostly just hoping NMs drop 100 pieces. It's a nice break from regular dyna farming.
By Chyula 2015-05-29 22:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

after all those farming with thf inside tav, i really dont know how you can reach beyond 500+ to anywhere close to 600 without white proc and i have to wait on respawns too.