2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Ankusa Gloves
Ankusa Gloves
By Datass 2015-03-13 14:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ankusa Gloves... How do these work?

I have 5/5 Beast Affinity merited. If I understand the merited ability right, I get +10 to the summoned level of my pet up to maximum of 109. How do these gloves fit into that?

And is there a difference when +1'd?

Thanks!
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2015-03-13 15:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ankusa Gloves have two effects on a Jug pet's level:

The first is "Call beast +2" this adds two levels to your summoned pet's level (cannot exceed the ilvl of your mainhand Axe). Since pets appear 0-2 levels below their maximum, calling a pet with these gloves ensures the pet will be it's highest possible level.

The other is "Enhances Beast affinity" this adds one additional level per merit upgrade to your pet's natural cap (for a combined total of +15 levels). The advantage of Beast Affinity is raising natural pet caps thereby allowing you to have a Lv119 version of a jug that wouldn't otherwise reach that level.

These effects are the same for the NQ Gloves.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2015-03-13 15:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played BST in quite some time, but I thought the pet level was dependent on the iLvl of the weapon in your main hand?
By Datass 2015-03-13 20:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »

Awesome, thanks. Any tips for getting Monster Gloves to drop? I just killed 4897548396789437 demons of every job in Dynamis Xarc with reasonably high TH and got none. Is the drop rate the same there and in Tavnazia? Any trick to making them drop? Thanks so much for your help!
By Datass 2015-03-14 11:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, got the Monster Gloves and am upgrading as we speak. Sorry to be a PITA, but I have another question- Summoned jug pet level is dependent on Ilvl of main hand. Is this only when summoned, or does pet level change if you swap axes?

Main reason I ask is I am trying to decide which pair of axes is best to use for AAII soling. I have Hunahpu/Brethren for petacc +50, but I would summon with Eminent in mainhand for higher pet if that would work. Thoughts?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-14 12:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
I haven't played BST in quite some time, but I thought the pet level was dependent on the iLvl of the weapon in your main hand?
The item level of your main hand weapon serves as a cap to your pet's level. Regardless of how much Beast Affinity you're packing, you will never exceed your main hand weapon's level.

Datass said: »
Awesome, thanks. Any tips for getting Monster Gloves to drop? I just killed 4897548396789437 demons of every job in Dynamis Xarc with reasonably high TH and got none. Is the drop rate the same there and in Tavnazia? Any trick to making them drop? Thanks so much for your help!
It's just random, though the drop rate will probably be a little better on higher level demons. Also, the demon NMs in Xarcabard have decent drop rates on their job's armor; Marquis Andras, located sorta south-center on the way to the Quadav TE, is the BST NM.
[+]