Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Tips for Red Mage Maat
Tips for Red Mage Maat
 Alexander.Necrosigh
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Necrosigh
By Alexander.Necrosigh 2009-08-20 05:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am 1/1 on Maat. I'm Elvaan btw so my base INT basically sucks, and so do my MP (that's why I fought him as 70, to rely more on skills than on INT and MPs). My gears were:

Main : NQ staves. Yes NQ. If you have HQ it's even better
Sub : Grips didn't exist at that time
Head: AF Head obviously
Body: Glamor Jupon for Elemental Magic, AF body for sleeps etc.
Hands: I can't really remember. Prolly AF hands
Legs: Druids slops for nukes, AF legs for SS.
Feet:I can't remember but prolly AF Feet >_>
Ring1: Malgust Ring, cos a friend had told me the +10 Wind helped for resists
Ring1: Wisdom Ring
Ear1: Moldavite Earring
Ear2: Prolly a Morion Earring
Back: I think it was Gramary Cape. Or Red cape.
Neck: Philomath Stone. Lol. Didn't have money for Torques

My meds were: 2 Stacks of muslim, because they're very quick at use, like 10 Hi pots +1 for convert, 3 Yag Drinks, and I think I used some kind of pie, but now I know Cream Puff woulda been a better choice.

What I did is basically: I rushed to him. Didn't want him to cast blink and or shell and casted Sleep II (at that time he was starting to cast blink lol) nd then disel to ensure he didn't have shell on.

I poped a Yag drink, used Stoneskin and Blink. Other buffs are waste of MP. Started with a simple Aero III/Sleep strat. I used muslims between sleeps. Make sure you sleep him when he 2hes. Around 50% I 2Hed. Make sure Gravity is on before you 2H. I SSed + slept him before convert. AT that point I spammed some Hi pots and finished him off with some Aero III.

To win this fight, just make sure you're ready, with food and macroes. Have a macro for Sleep 1, 2 even bind and gravity in case he resists your sleeps, which can happen a least 1 time in the fight even at 70. Enhancing Magic capped helps a lot too. Nowadays it's very easy to cap. Just spam protect on a general in a besieged... I'm so jealous people have this now, when I think I capped it by spamming Bar spells while waitng on airships and during airships flights^^.

You can also put Earth staff in your SS Macro to avoid interrups

Good luck on Maat.
 Fairy.Darkei
Server: Fairy
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2009-08-20 15:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap you enfeebling magic and elemental magic (besieged) get moldavite earring, if you can, get the Cobra Unit Robe Set, and go on Darksday, I prefer a Safe Sleep.

buy ethers, elixirs, int food, etc

eat > enter > buff fast and no take time (maat same buffing atm) (compoture work good but no forget haste)> Sleep > 2 dispels (you need sure dispel Shell) and the rest you know how
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-08-20 15:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pro Tip:

Don't die.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-20 15:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Pro Tip:

Don't die.

Thank you Capt. Obvious...lol
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-08-20 15:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Deadlymidget said:
Xiong said:
LMFAO Ryder you couldn't beat him w/ a DRK. That's just *** sad. Flame all you want, all melees have the same strat, and is 100% win.

DRK NEEDS KC TO BEAT MAAT THESE DAYS RAWR!

not sure how to make it a link but http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=90316

happy now ^^ btw thats my set, Intruder's Earring if outside nation ^^

(please forgive me.) didn't mean to derail more....
 Caitsith.Ryder
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2009-08-20 21:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Xiong said:
LMFAO Ryder you couldn't beat him w/ a DRK. That's just *** sad. Flame all you want, all melees have the same strat, and is 100% win.

read right, I went 0-10 on rdm and I went 1-1 with drk..
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-08-20 22:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Taintedone said:
Guess it would have been helpful to add that my Rdm is 75 and has been for some time lol. Dunno if it would affect anyone's post, but thought I'd throw it out there.

>.> oh then you need nothing special. I did it not too long ago when waiting to go into a bcnm just cause I had a testimony from sky farming..at 75 its easier then easy :P you can poke and prod him all you want and not die. Just sleep nuke him..or CS nuke him without buffs...he just keels over as soon as he realizes you're 75.
 Caitsith.Xiong
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2009-08-20 23:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My apologies Ryder, but it seems you're the only one to have read that right the first time ;)