Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Seekers BST
Seekers BST
 Phoenix.Randorn
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Randorn
By Phoenix.Randorn 2015-02-07 11:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a returning player from the Abyssea era. What are the new good jug pets? What does a BST need to know for the Seekers era of play? Last time I played Falcor was the best jug.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-02-07 12:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The Seekers era is mostly about "Item Level" with regards to equipment and pets. After meeting some requirements you can upgrade your Guttler to iLvl 119 with 300 Plutons. Place your highest item level axe in your main hand because that slot determines the maximum level your pets can be.

You probably noticed we have Bestial Loyalty as a JA now so you can use Jug Pets for free. If you can buy or cook up some Salubrious Broth and its HQ version, Windy Greens, the Tulfaire birds are amazing pets that take -50% slashing damage (a highly prevalent damage type that most monsters use). Most other pets can be cheaply purchased from Theraisie (Upper Jeuno, G-6, inside M&P's Market). We've received upgraded versions of Sheep, Ladybug, etc etc, with higher level caps.

Edit: There's a great food guide by Garota that lists the new food types that give bonuses to both the master and the pet.

Welcome back. :)
 Phoenix.Randorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Randorn
By Phoenix.Randorn 2015-02-07 13:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I'll look forward to new pets and upgraded Guttler!
[+]