Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Updated Ruinator Set
Updated Ruinator Set
By Rainari 2015-01-09 20:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been attempting to move further along in the game and I finally have three delve clears. With that in mind I'm looking into updating my Ruinator set. I've looked into what I considered some of the more notable sets of gear for ruinator and some choices puzzle me.

I've always been a fan of building around the stat and multi-attack. Then having a separate set for high accuracy. With that in mind I've decided to post my set and I'd like some positive feed back on how one might make it better. I'd also enjoy some feed back of why and how you feel are some accurate answers for mid-high end content for normal and high accuracy sets.

The following is the current Ruinator set im using. All Mikinaak pieces are path A. The Xaddi piece will be moving along path A as well.
ItemSet 332206
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2015-01-09 21:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, swap the weapons around if thats actually the order you wear them in.

Swap rajas to a str +8/9 ring (9 are costly but 8 are cheap)

Brutal + vulcan's pearl will usually win over DA+7 combo unless u need the acc.

Xaddi boots is a definite upgrade. Path A iirc.

As you stated this is not a high acc set, if you can get a floestone, get it, if not a cheruski needle. If the acc/atk isnt needed, moar str.

Otomi helm with str augment for sure if u dont need the acc.

I'm no bst so thats around my limit.
By Rainari 2015-01-11 20:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I'll take these things into consideration and thank you for the information Seiri. I have been looking into the gear again and more of the corresponding ws stat and str is always good. But in a -normal- set for say Delve mobs and normal NM's What is a baseline accuracy you should aim for using check param? If I had to pool it all together I'd say the fodder mobs you fight in delve, the NM's leading up to delve mobs, as well as AA on easy and normal. Things of this nature as far as the content goes?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-01-12 07:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can use Bleating Mantle in place of Atheling, for hicc-acc can use Lethalis
 Bismarck.Phunkism
Server: Bismarck
user: phunky
By Bismarck.Phunkism 2015-01-12 15:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's difficult recommending an acc set because it will change depending on what you're fighting, what food you want to use and what buffs you have. If you're not interested in making multiple sets and just want to use one set for as many situations as possible

Head: Yaoyotl helm
body: Mes'yohi
hands: Buremte gloves str aug
neck/waist: elemental belt/gorget
earrings: steelflash/bladeborn
back: letalis
legs: xaddi path path A or miki path A
feet: Ejekamal Boots str aug
ammo: hasty +1
rings: epona/ifrit +1

This set will probably give you the most acc without gimping your damage.
[+]
By Rainari 2015-01-12 17:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I already have a high acc set for Ruinator, Several of these pieces are already in it. But I had been looking at the other sets for Ruinator that seemed to be Stat heavy and less multi attack. I was going to test them with a baseline acc just high enough to get a decent hit rate. Replace the Cetl belt with Hur'clean sash and the back piece with Letalis mantle and that would consist of my high acc set at the moment.

I was just looking to have a normal set that might have more towards the strength and less multi-attack to see if I could get better Ruinator numbers.
 Bismarck.Phunkism
Server: Bismarck
user: phunky
By Bismarck.Phunkism 2015-01-12 17:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking a "normal" Ruinator sets please check out the last posts in BST gear sets and BST job adjustments

If you're confused as to why certain mods on gear carry more weight than others you can download the DPS Spreadsheets and plug in what gear you have to get the best results on mobs you want to test.
[+]