Geo DD Sets What Do You Use?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Geo DD Sets what do you use?
Geo DD Sets what do you use?
 Phoenix.Jiluun
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: jiluun
By Phoenix.Jiluun 2015-01-06 16:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What does everyone have for DD sets and for flash nova and realmrazer?
Looking for no acc /mid acc/ high acc.
By Chimerawizard 2015-01-06 16:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

made these to maybe add to sch guide but generally sch and geo can wear the same stuff.
Bokwus path C
ItemSet 332065
ItemSet 332066
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-06 17:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Acc

ItemSet 331800
Capped Haste with Ionis, sub in Cetl Belt otherwise. Other subs available (like Zenna Earring and Bokwus head) for more acc but losing haste/multi attack

Flash Nova
ItemSet 326112
Some more MAB or Mnd I could squeeze out, but some slots are used more for the MAcc and Int they offer.

Realmrazer
ItemSet 332128

Realmrazer set specifically isn't optimized to much of a regard. Some things are strictly preference based on content, Chasuble instead of Vanir Cotehardie for +25 acc in favor of +7 Mnd, Sukeroku for +30 acc in favor of Buremte for +4 Mnd, or Nahtirah for +5 Mnd -3 Str -3 Dex, etc. It's something you'll need to really play around with to see what you're comfortable with depending on the content you're running and which buffs you're using. Max Mnd is cool and all, but when you're getting triple digits out of a 7 hit WS, ur doin it wrongz.
[+]
By gargurty 2015-01-07 11:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

how would you gear exudation?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-07 14:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Levante dagger + bagua mittaines +1 + shadowstich = pure win.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-01-31 02:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit late to this, but Idris owners, is it better to go with a /mage or /dnc for your damage? And do you get the +magdmg/MAB from an offhand club? And if so, would you nuke harder with Idris/119 offhand than with a staff?
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-01-31 19:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »
A bit late to this, but Idris owners, is it better to go with a /mage or /dnc for your damage? And do you get the +magdmg/MAB from an offhand club? And if so, would you nuke harder with Idris/119 offhand than with a staff?

Nuking and physical DDing are both much stronger /Dnc. The MAB/MDmg from your offhand does work for nukes and magical WSs. The main issue is you lose all semblance of a mage as we use them. You can't backup cure, you can't haste, you can't Dia, you can't enfeeble, you can't grav/bind kite, etc. You're essentially giving up all of your toys to become a stronger DD, but Geo typically isn't brought as a DD. And even going all out, you won't compete with other DDs on a serious level. You can provide a non-negligible amount of additional DDing, but giving up everything that /Rdm brings for it is steep on most content, unless you've got other players that are ready to take up those roles.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-01-31 20:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There needs to be a mage shield with the same stats as a 119 club, in MDMG and MAB terms. -.-

Having to use a dualwield sub for optimal nuking is really annoying. Why couldn't Idris have been a staff...
[+]
By Lyncath 2015-02-10 08:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using this as of late.

ItemSet 333189

I usually swap in Geomancy Mitaines +1 if the target has AoE attacks that can damage the Luopan and with them Luopan DT-% is more or less capped.

Bokwus pieces are augmented along the C path which means they both have Accuracy+15 Attack+10 and DEX+10 on them. It's a shame about their iLevel but there's not many better options in those slots.

Celt Belt may well produce better results while building AM3 but I'd rather err on the side of caution and pile on accuracy to compensate for a lower iLevel.

ItemSet 333190

That's what I use for Realmrazer. I'm missing a few pieces from it being really top tier so I'd refer to Malothar's set for a better idea.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-02-10 09:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have Su1, revealer's mitts have 38 mnd for Realm. I did 8.2k ws on the Twitherym in Ceizak delve a couple days ago and totaled a whopping 7% of the parse! It was awesome. Battle GEO is about the most fun you can have in delve 1. :3 :3 Most of the sets here will bring you to cap acc with pizza I think. I use espial head/hands/legs and I was at 96% hit rate for the bee run (same for shark/tojil) although I didn't separate out NMs from fodder. Now if I can convince ls to let me come /dnc .... >_> hehehe
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-10 10:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a toss-up for me, but im ususally GEO/dnc, using Nehuschan x2, or x1 and offhanding Mafic Cudgel or Cagliostros rod (for extra modifiers). Haste Samba which means I can drop Indi-Haste when soloing (or content) and I can buffstack Fury/Frailty/Torpor or Precision.

Set looks similar to those above, except I TP in Rancouros mantle and suppa/brutal combo/shetal stone/haverton if I'm in outside party/not getting capped haste from trusts. Also swap out Haverton for Patricius and Shetal for Olseni/Wind+1 when applicable. Iqabi for Asperity as well. Otomi/Bokwus too.

All depends on what I'm fighting.
 Fenrir.Montaeg
Server: Fenrir
user: Montaeg
By Fenrir.Montaeg 2015-02-14 18:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened today, multiple times, during blunt weakness obviously >_>. Highest I saw was 10325 with Bolster fury/frailty. Using Nehushtan/Tamaxchi (with MAB/OAT augment XD) and RCB. My set is @838 acc unbuffed and I'm still at 96% acc for the run with RCB.

ItemSet 333352
ItemSet 333353

Was geo/nin. I need a shetal stone ._. Going to put WSD +2 on my tamaxchi and report back :3

edit: my link was broke
[+]