Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Questions about dual boxing Geomancer
Questions about dual boxing Geomancer
By Pantafernando 2014-12-28 12:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are running old content, geo is mostly unnecessary. The big jump for geo was the adjustment of indi/geo fury, the meva+/mob macc- and adding indi/geo haste. Geos numbers are their trademark.

That make them excelent against ilv119+ mobs as they have stupid defense and geo makes possible to cap or get close to with geo magic.

But old content you can be capped with just rcb and maybe a minuet. You have lots of meva so you dont need to worry about mob enfeb. You have lots of macc so dont need to worry with meva down too.

All you need for old content is to cap magic haste, and both brd and geo can do that. Cor cant.

But i believe brd has a upperhand in this context. Geo is a magic dd, and brd has acess to rudras storm, so his dmg grow a lot with this.

For hard content, geo can be more suitable to close ilv gaps. Still, ilv content is meant to stack buffs, not comparing buffs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-12-28 12:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll probably get more mileage from a GEO mule until you really buff up a mule to be a BRD. There are so many more things you need for BRD to be "decent" vs GEO
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-12-28 12:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO can also do melee damage, although I doubt it's comparable to a BRD with a decent melee set post-Rudra's/1hander update. Maybe if you're abusing malaise and flash nova but idk.

Depending on what you're doing, you may have to maintain your luopon so it may not be as simple as just putting bubbles up, putting on /follow and then alt-tabbing or hitting your follow macro or w/e. BRD is better if you were looking to just do buffs and then focus on main char but I guess that depends on what you were looking to do really. Would really need an example of what you were thinking of attempting to do before a solid answer could be given.

You mentioned dynamis - if you were just looking to farm currency, GEO and SCH would be fine there magic cleaving, but would it be efficient? I don't really think so. If you were meaning doing bosses/neobosses, I'm sure it could be done but it'd likely be a lot more annoying than just going with an ilvl melee DD and a support job.
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-28 12:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I really enjoy GEO mule more then BRD mule, i can literally do everything for GEO without even tabbing using my g510 keyboard and having send addon create timers for indi spells on my mains screen. I really like having the extra MP pool that GEO has over BRD, and i would only consider BRD if it were 4 song and relic horn, where you can get GEO a dunna and already be amazing.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2014-12-28 12:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably biased because I'm often playing GEO on my main and BRD on my mule so >_> there's that
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-12-28 12:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »
I'm probably biased because I'm often playing GEO on my main and BRD on my mule so >_> there's that
You have a point, im often playing SCH on my main and GEO on my mule, GEO is way more awesome for my SCH then BRD is, the biased is strong.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-12-28 13:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I'm really glad I asked though, +MAB wouldn't really help if it's capped already that's true.

One question I have since I'd be SMN + GEO mule alot.. do the buffs from geomancer apply to pets? What about BRD?

There is no MAB cap. Bubbles AFAIK don't effect Avatars or any pets, but I'll admit to never actually trying. It'd be a step in another direction compared to every other buff in the game.

No experience with dual boxing a Geo, but wanted to weight in on one of the best options you'll have from Geo. See you mentioning Smn + Sch a lot. You're going to want to Malaise all the things, and just sit back and laugh at the ridiculousness of it. Acumen for more lawls. Manifestation + Kaustra is pretty silly. Cataclysm too with the right build is an easy group one shot.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-12-28 14:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk much about Smn anymore, specially Level ? Holy. TBH I was under the assumption that it depended entirely on the roll of the die whether you did good damage to all of the mobs or not. Prolly a question better reserved for the Smn forum unless someone knowledgeable of it wanders over here.

The quick and dirty advice concerning caps is nearly everything has a cap, capped acc (95%, or 99% for main hand one handed weapons), magical haste ~43.5%, attack 2.5x mob def, 3x for RAtt, and many others I can't think of off the top of my head. You can see many of the caps and the math behind them here on BGWiki.

Specifically for MAB, it's one of the few without a known cap. MAB acts as a multiplier to your base magic damage. If it does have a cap, we've yet to reach it.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]