users online
Forum » FFXI » Gathering » Gardening » Garden Furrow rank up
Garden Furrow rank up
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Tot 2014-12-18 19:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you rank this up faster (or at all) ?

all my ranks from everything went up at the same rate untill rank 4, then everything but furrows got to 7 and maybe a week later i got rank 5 furrow, now almost 3 months later i am still at rank 5... (daily pickings, same thing on 2 characters ect) is there a trick to it? i dont want to get rank 6 then wait 5 months for 7 :(
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-18 19:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Use revival tree roots, they only take an hour to grow.
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-12-18 19:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Each harvest counts for rank up points? and not just 1/point/day ect? (as it seem to be up till rank 4)

also... i literally JUST got rank 6 after posting this topic lol..
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 19:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, going from 6 to 7 is a big pain as well, so going off of what Tidis said I'd recommend revival tree roots since it appears that "points" are gained by quantity, not quality.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-18 23:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I always figured the points were either simply whether or not you interacted with the garden at least once in a given day, or based on harvests. Rank 5 does feel eternal, but I guess since all I get is a hat, then I don't really feel like I'm missing anything... for now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [559 days between previous and next post]
By Kisagotami 2016-06-29 23:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My god, the garden furrows are so annoying. I've been stuck on rank 6 for 3 months. Today I finally got the Agrarian Virtuoso title but the stupid NPC still wont let me buy the key item. Has anyone figured out any tricks with this or do I really have to just plant ***ton of revival roots?
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-06-29 23:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kisagotami said: »
My god, the garden furrows are so annoying. I've been stuck on rank 6 for 3 months. Today I finally got the Agrarian Virtuoso title but the stupid NPC still wont let me buy the key item. Has anyone figured out any tricks with this or do I really have to just plant ***ton of revival roots?

Revival roots. Make sure you fertilize each node with a crystal every time you plant, and that you hire Kuyin and Susaroon and choose the "Harvest a lot of crops" option.

Same goes for every other Mog Garden location. Rank ups are based on how many items you harvest. Always use fertilizers and your helpers to increase your yield.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-06-30 00:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As mentioned, revival roots is your best bet.

While you're at it, make yourself some Miracle Mulch (Dark Crystal, 1 x Chocobo Bedding, 1 x Dung). Buy a stack or 3, get some dark crystals and head on over to the Airship vendor in Port Sandy. I know, the place smells like the dung you're carrying but its efficient to just craft the mulch at the spot since the Bedding doesn't stack. Feed your furrows and its now 30 min harvest.

I got this tip from a friend, who got it from a friend. Cheers!
[+]
 Cerberus.Raot
user: Idealist
By Cerberus.Raot 2016-06-30 19:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Revival roots are not going to help you level up your furrows more quickly. The reason is simple: only the first harvest you make each day counts for progression, just like each other part of the garden gets one point of progression for gathering from it each day.

The reason the furrow tends to fall behind the other garden features is due to the number of crops that have 24 hour+ harvest times. If you fill your furrows with these, it may be days before getting any credit for progressing it towards the next rank.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-06-30 19:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Raot said: »
Revival roots are not going to help you level up your furrows more quickly. The reason is simple: only the first harvest you make each day counts for progression, just like each other part of the garden gets one point of progression for gathering from it each day.

The reason the furrow tends to fall behind the other garden features is due to the number of crops that have 24 hour+ harvest times. If you fill your furrows with these, it may be days before getting any credit for progressing it towards the next rank.

Wrong.

Evidenced by the fact that on my last day doing it, I was unable to buy the KI at first. Then I spammed tree roots (checking after each harvest to see if I could buy it) until finally I was able to, that very same day. No JP midnight wait time in between.
[+]
By Boshi 2016-07-01 10:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I forget the exact number of harvests, I had. It written down bur it was either 230 or 250 to get the final rank. I would assume 250 for the sake of roundness.
By Kisagotami 2016-07-01 14:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info everyone. Luckily I only had to use one more stack of revival roots after getting the "Agrarian Virtuoso" title and I was able to get the KI finally :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Ghostbane 2016-07-01 15:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got Rank 7 a couple of weeks ago. After I started counting it was 327 harvest. The previous 3 months were roughly 1-2 a day per furrow so call it 3 a day just for easy math of harvesting once a day for 90 harvests. 417 total to go from rank 6 to 7. It was painful.

Best of luck to ppl going for this. I used Revival Roots for the majority and ended up doing a round of grain seeds in the end.

Love the Straw Hat ^.^
 Cerberus.Raot
user: Idealist
By Cerberus.Raot 2016-07-01 17:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If one person had around 250 harvests before they got the final rank, and another person had around 417, there's definitely some factor other than total number of harvests required.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-07-02 07:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If one person had around 250 harvests before they got the final rank, and another person had around 417, there's definitely some factor other than total number of harvests required.

The use of fertilizers, assistants, Grow-M-Goods, Miracle Mulch etc. creates differences in everyone's yields.

As I said earlier, I believe rank ups are based on how many total items you've received, not how many times you harvest.
[+]
By Boshi 2016-07-02 11:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm i started counting right after i hit rank 6. I used kuyin & qiqirn for growing large harvest & getting seeds back. Did revival tree roots.

Sorry for typos ~ ipad touch screen
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [361 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-06-28 10:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

The use of fertilizers, assistants, Grow-M-Goods, Miracle Mulch etc. creates differences in everyone's yields.

As I said earlier, I believe rank ups are based on how many total items you've received, not how many times you harvest.

I tend to subscribe with this also. I think the number of items is the factor, not the amount of interactions. Or maybe there is some factor that combines both, but I think the item count is at least part of it.

I ran into this with monster rearing, I think I hit rank 2 and just sat there for weeks even after doing interactions daily. Started collecting items and ranking up definitely went much faster. I swear the time i went from 1-3 equaled the time i took me to go from 3-6. This was no doubt aided by the campaign where you could collect twice a day though.

The furrow is obviously the hardest one, but having the 'helper' set on collect more items seems to speed things up a bit. I'd take the advice on doing things that let you harvest multiple times a day if you can too. I havent started doing that as it doesn't make sense with my play time, but may think about it if I get the chance. I'll definitely be rank 7 in everything in the next couple weeks minus the furrow, which I'm maybe rank 5 as of like yesterday.
By dustinfoley 2017-06-28 11:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It has nothing to do with items. Check BGwiki. It tells you number of total harvests per rank. Compare it to yours by talking to the moogle and asking for info -> tidbits. It 100% lines up for everyone

Rearing is based on number of times you cared for them. Aka pet yell etc. I have never once collected items and I'm tank 5. You dont even need to feed them
[+]
By Vijara 2017-06-28 11:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
It has nothing to do with items. Check BGwiki. It tells you number of total harvests per rank. Compare it to yours by talking to the moogle and asking for info -> tidbits. It 100% lines up for everyone

Rearing is based on number of times you cared for them. Aka pet yell etc. I have never once collected items and I'm tank 5. You dont even need to feed them

He's right... it takes 512 harvests to get rank 7 furrows. The best bet is to use Revival Roots and Miracle Mulch to harvest 3 times every 30 minutes. This is the quickest way to get to 512. Hope this helps.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-06-28 12:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »

I thought that was the case. Until I spent WEEKS interacting/feeding and not moving from 2-3. Began collecting items and went 2-3 in a couple days, then 3-4 in a week or two later, then 5-6 about 2-3 weeks later. Essentially, I went from 4-5 in the same time I spent at rank 2.

Could be purely coincidental, but once I started collecting items I've ranked up significantly faster. This was based from multiple people who gave me that advice in game who were already rank 7.

I'm not saying you can't rank up merely by interacting, what I'm saying is also collecting items seems to have an effect, and in my case, a pronounced effect.
By dustinfoley 2017-06-28 16:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

...There is nothing to prove.

Go to the garden, talk to the moogle, say Learn about -> Other tidbits.

The only thing that maters for monster rearing is

# of times you have cared for you're creatures.

Feeding doesnt increase this, and collecting doesnt increase this. Only the: pet, yell, stare, etc commands do. Test it your self if you dont believe me, but that is the ONLY thing that affects it. The reason for the double collect campaign is for a second chance at 'cheers'
 Ragnarok.Camlann
By Ragnarok.Camlann 2017-06-28 16:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

3/512. Not looking forward to the journey.