Mes'yohi Haubergeon
First Page 2 3
 Quetzalcoatl.Perciva
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Perciva
By Quetzalcoatl.Perciva 2014-12-17 15:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for a "merc" for this to save the trouble of having to make a group, have counter lotters, and walk away empty-handed on my run. Seeing 8-10M is going price....can send /tell in-game if you can/will merc this. Thanks!
By Calibeaner916 2014-12-17 15:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

8-10m? ive seen post people wanting to pay 20m. but really, its not that hard to form a static where everyone gets the body. its not hat bad of a fight.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 15:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst high-tier fight by far. Most annoying at least.
10m is a bargain to not have to deal with that *** thing.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-12-17 15:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Calibeaner916 said: »
8-10m? ive seen post people wanting to pay 20m. but really, its not that hard to form a static where everyone gets the body. its not hat bad of a fight.

That's what we did. We formed a static and farmed like 9 of these bodies using the SMN strategy (on Difficult mode). The entire run is over (or should be over) in less than 2 minutes.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-17 16:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

mean price on xiah: 15.4m
median price on xiah: 15m
mode price on xiah: 15m
lowest price on xiah: 12m

how you figure it's going for 8-10?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-17 16:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

He's going off of shouts on his server, or bs'ing I guess.

You'd stand a fair chance of being right with assuming the latter.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 16:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Our server was selling them for 10m. Which he happens to be on.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/43424/quetz-delvehard-mode-battlefield-merc-service/
By Nazrious 2014-12-17 16:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm thf, blu, sam, brd/blm, cor, whm. reliable kills b4 the tarus wake... very easy fight and fun compared to snorefest AAs.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2014-12-17 16:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »
Umm thf, blu, sam, brd/blm, cor, whm. reliable kills b4 the tarus wake... very easy fight and fun compared to snorefest AAs.

What tarus?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Perciva
user: Perciva
By Quetzalcoatl.Perciva 2014-12-17 16:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Referencing prices on my server, thank you.
By Giaden 2014-12-17 16:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh, I was almost willing to pay 10mil for it, until we got the fight down. With the people we use to fight that stupid fight, I would hate to sell it that cheap. If you want to try and work something out, contact me or Jezz in game on quetz.
By Nazrious 2014-12-17 16:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Nazrious said: »

What tarus?

Total brain fart, thinking Tenzen.

Disregard.

Run helps with Big lil bro fight in delkfut, keep up shadows and hate doesn't jump all over the place.
By Giaden 2014-12-17 16:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

problem with keeping shadows up is the damn AoE spells the guy casts constantly and the AoE moves. Below 50% he almost instant casts it... If it wasn't for the hate erase, the fight would be easy. But keeping shadows does help, if you can keep them up and don't get dispelled every 7-8 secs :/
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-12-17 17:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Calibeaner916 said: »

That's what we did. We formed a static and farmed like 9 of these bodies using the SMN strategy (on Difficult mode). The entire run is over (or should be over) in less than 2 minutes.

What is the smn strat you are referring to? Because my version of smn strat is healer nuker pld smn x2 or 3 and maybe thf. And your average smns seem to take 20 minsish.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-12-17 17:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

use pd > use sam 1h > astral conduit shock squall with a heavy dd setup

then it ded
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-17 17:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

We just got maybe 3 or 4 bodies last week doing normals. Fight is a pain, but far from "hard". I agree with making an SP, since it only takes 10 merits. Can literally do 5 a night until you get the bodies you want.
[+]
 Cerberus.Reiden
user: Reiden
By Cerberus.Reiden 2014-12-17 18:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i get 20 mil for haubs in my server, but my buyers are mostly jp
By Nazrious 2014-12-17 18:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Giaden said: »
problem with keeping shadows up is the damn AoE spells the guy casts constantly and the AoE moves. Below 50% he almost instant casts it... If it wasn't for the hate erase, the fight would be easy. But keeping shadows does help, if you can keep them up and don't get dispelled every 7-8 secs :/

That is why RUN helps a lot on this fight. RUN can tank it pretty well and when he starts his spam RUN can pop valliance and everyone /nin can spam shadows.
By Giaden 2014-12-17 19:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

We do D and VD. Though we have a cor and 2 bards that prebuff. Going in set up is
Whm/rdm
Sam/warX4
Smn

1)Pre buffs outside. (Difficult can be done with 1 brd and two hour songs, but we have extra brds and cors.)
2)Drop Prebuffers, pick up your whm and Smn.
3)Go in; whm and smn put up buffs.(I like to put up extra buffs from whm and smn to help the real buffs from not getting dispelled.)
4)Smn Astral Flows ~ DDs go to town.
5)During the fight; When Astral drops, its best to have Sams pop all two hours(usually for us its around 40%) During this time, Smn pop Astral Cond, and basically stun lock nm with Ramuh.
6)Rinse and repeat till you get drops...

VD is done typically with max buffs, 2 brds with Ghorns, 3 songs, and one cor with rolls.
We typically use 4 sam/wars, we have done D. with mnks, wars and even thfs, but Sams typically have a bit more of a safety net with Yagi.
There are other ways to do the fight and I know people who get bodies off of Normal, but we have never had much luck with normal drops. The fight is stupid as it is (mainly because of hate erases)and I really don't blame anyone for buying this body.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-17 19:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Another Pro Tip, stand at Max Melee Distance and Light Blade has the accuracy of your average Political thread on these forums!

I would also drop a DD for GEO, GEO adds so much more to your Party than 1 lolDD - near doubling your attack and Flooring the targets Defense increasing WS's from around 4~6k for 9~13k is a huge bonus.

(GEO stands Behind THE NM so Conal ***doesn't own them) alternatively you can go for defense and Vex / w.e for Macc down and meva up to make the WS a complete joke (It's also a good method for dealing with charm from Yorcia as it misses about 90% of the time with this as a point of reference.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 19:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Another Pro Tip, stand at Max Melee Distance and Light Blade has the accuracy of your average Political thread on these forums!

I would also drop a DD for GEO, GEO adds so much more to your Party than 1 lolDD - near doubling your attack and Flooring the targets Defense increasing WS's from around 4~6k for 9~13k is a huge bonus.

(GEO stands Behind THE NM so Conal ***doesn't own them)

I know this is supposed to be true but it's so not. I've been blasted for max damage while running away. It's never missed completely.
 Shiva.Carrelo
Server: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2014-12-17 19:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

^I dodge it regularly. :o

Edit: the fact that you're moving could actually be the problem. Unless you're wearing movement speed, he'll be following you faster than you can run away. Because mobs don't stop following at the max distance, he's probably catching you somewhere in between.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-17 19:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

(GEO stands Behind THE NM so Conal ***doesn't own them)

I know this is supposed to be true but it's so not. I've been blasted for max damage while running away. It's never missed completely.

It's not 100% but it does work, I've seen it do very minimal damage but mostly just completely misses. I have then also seen peeps get 1 shot, it's not a "You dont need PD" it's a "This gives slightly better chances than 1 in 100 to 1 in 150" is how I perceive it.

Before we did this we would always see someone go down, everyone did the whole distance thing and only 1 death in 7 runs, not large enough for definitive but large enough for you to notice.

I'll do a few runs as I still need this damn thing, and I'll post the screenshots showing 5+ misses in a single fight after PD wears off as Proof, if its hitting you, you're not at max melee distance
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 19:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Carrelo said: »

Edit: the fact that you're moving could actually be the problem. Unless you're wearing movement speed, he'll be following you faster than you can run away. Because mobs don't stop following at the max distance, he's probably catching you somewhere in between.

(trust me I run ALOT faster than he does lol).
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-17 19:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You run when you see him start it? you just have to be at max distance before he bothers, not out of range. Besides it could easily be accounted to Lag and you're actually running far too late.
By Giaden 2014-12-17 19:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Though I do agree with you on Geo on most things, helps out a lot, but on that fight with the AoE knock back, hate erase and the dmg that guy does, I don't see Geo being that effective in that fight. keeping up lupons would be next to impossible, and keeping yourself alive would be a bit harder as well.
Again not impossible, but if we are talking about Stellar fulcrum, Geo not the better job to take.= imo.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-17 19:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Giaden said: »
ote | Reply | Report | Score: 0 +
#SMN PD ~
SAM
GEO wont die with PD come on now really.... its Easy for GEO to manage this. After PD drops yeah ok it sucks but the DPS increase you've added to this point heavily out weighs the benefit of a nother DD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 19:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You run when you see him start it? you just have to be at max distance before he bothers, not out of range. Besides it could easily be accounted to Lag and you're actually running far too late.

All the times we tried it w/ RNGs and I'd be @ 12 plus > pull hate > I'd be actively already moving away when hit with lightblade from 12-15+ max damage every time. enough to OS even through ohshit set.
First Page 2 3