PLD Tanking - Keeping The Hate?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Tanking - Keeping the Hate?
PLD Tanking - Keeping the Hate?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-11 12:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No matter the weapon, you're keeping hate through rangers

And Xaddi,

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
All Acc/PDT path, obviously

Accuracy is probably never going to be capped on anything VD-level and above unless you're getting a buff rotation on you(good luck with that), so pile as much as you can
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-11 12:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »
For cures get that cure pot gear and self cure gear, dont need to be perfect but make it so u put HP+ gear on and enmity+ when you cure yourself.

For cures, don't cure yourself. The enmity is atrocious
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-12-11 12:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Never self cure unless you are going to die or your healer is low on mp, otherwise you are just wasting mp/time that could be used towards something productive.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
Server: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2014-12-11 12:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malthar said: »
Kap, what are the augments on your Xaddi gear? Do you prefer acc over pdt?

I'm asking so many questions because I just got a 119 Burtgang but enmity control seems problematic because I can barely hit the damned things to maintain hate. I also go /blu and spam cocoon, blank gaze, and jettatura, but the recasts/cast times seems so high that the mob turns from me more times than it faces me.

For high tier mobs, how much acc do you recommend for a PLD?
Here's my standard PDT-PDT-ACC set:
ItemSet 331515

All my Cizin +1 gear, have PDT/MDT 3~4% and ACC +8 augments. Weard mantle has VIT/DEX +2 and emnity +5. If you need more ACC, you can swap more Cizin +1 with the Xaddi gear (w/ ACC of course). And if you're still hurting for ACC, pop some food (sole sushi perhaps?). Keep enlight on.

I usually open up with Divine Emblem + flash (w/ crusade on). And rotate spells (flash, jet. and b. gaze - if on /blu, voke if on /war) and JAs (sentinel if for w/e, I lose hate, and shield bash). Pop defender when up. Etc...

EDIT: With Karieyh Ring, my atonements are capped at 1778.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-11 13:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Id get and use the new club from titan first of all, has PDT- and Enmity+6, merit realmrazer which is in my opinion the best PLD WS. Just no one uses because there was no good PLD clubs ever, when sharur first came out it was doing 4~5k on average and this was before ilvl gear. my item sets if you look em up are pretty up to date - new stuff from dec 9th update (i'll go look at em and update now if they arent updated) any specific questions ask away. Also you should put Fast cast gear in for any spells you cast bar enhancing spells like phalanx etc, then haste/enmity. For cures get that cure pot gear and self cure gear, dont need to be perfect but make it so u put HP+ gear on and enmity+ when you cure yourself.
Your sets for tp and acc are well under being optimized for both purposes. And as Kap mentioned, cures for hate have long been dead.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-12-11 22:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »

Id get and use the new club from titan first of all, has PDT- and Enmity+6, merit realmrazer which is in my opinion the best PLD WS. Just no one uses because there was no good PLD clubs ever, when sharur first came out it was doing 4~5k on average and this was before ilvl gear. my item sets if you look em up are pretty up to date - new stuff from dec 9th update (i'll go look at em and update now if they arent updated) any specific questions ask away. Also you should put Fast cast gear in for any spells you cast bar enhancing spells like phalanx etc, then haste/enmity. For cures get that cure pot gear and self cure gear, dont need to be perfect but make it so u put HP+ gear on and enmity+ when you cure yourself.
Your sets for tp and acc are well under being optimized for both purposes. And as Kap mentioned, cures for hate have long been dead.
assuming all your rngs dont pull hate ever and voke/flash are up, you can pull hate back from self cure if you know how to set it up. If your doing anything with actual melee they should be tanking anyway
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-12-11 22:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Missing a few acc isnt making or breaking a set either. Helm from Head wind helm, Supershear/Patricius, belt from incursion all i left out but thats just me. How is my acc set "well under being optimized"? Not that you would know cause you don't know crap and you just hating
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-11 22:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Riiiiight I'll assume you've never touched a spreadsheet so you can go about your ignorance if want.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-12-11 23:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Riiiiight I'll assume you've never touched a spreadsheet so you can go about your ignorance if want.
prove me wrong then, since you obviously know more about my main job then i do.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-11 23:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lol

Stop optimizing hating, Loire.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-12-11 23:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yet he shows no proof.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-12-11 23:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/31068-Elements-to-be-Implemented-in-the-March-27th-Version-Update?p=407868#post407868

http://kanican.livejournal.com/tag/enmity%20testing%21

if you would be so kind as to read the links i provided i can put this in a language you can understand.

i am going to use the modifiers from 75 since he didn't test after cap raise but it will still illustrate the point you don't seem to get about healing for hate.

if you were to cure for 500 hp you would have gotten 2180 VE and 363.5 CE
very nice enmity numbers right? ok well "now" that same cure would net you 654 VE and 109 CE all for 88 mp

you could cast blank gaze 3 times and have mp left over (25 MP cost) and get 960 VE/CE and build more CE per spell than cure 4

and assuming by his model enmity modifiers for cure go down with higher lvls the real values are likely even smaller.

curing for hate is not worth your time/mp
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-12-11 23:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
sry first 1 went wrong place gotta find it again.

if you would be so kind as to read the links i provided i can put this in a language you can understand.

i am going to use the modifiers from 75 since he didn't test after cap raise but it will still illustrate the point you don't seem to get about healing for hate.

very nice enmity numbers right? ok well "now" that same cure would net you 654 VE and 109 CE all for 88 mp

you could cast blank gaze 3 times and have mp left over (25 MP cost) and get 960 VE/CE and build more CE per spell than cure 4

and assuming by his model enmity modifiers for cure go down with higher lvls the real values are likely even smaller.

if hate is capped it most certainly is, any pld worth their salt knows this. Any enmity+ action you take with capped hate if someone pulls hate gets it back even if its a cure I.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-12-12 00:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

so you are saying you spam cure 1 to keep hate?
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-12 00:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you are such the hero

Low acc DD set
ItemSet 331535

High acc DD set
ItemSet 331536
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-12-12 00:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you are such the hero

Low acc DD set
ItemSet 331535

High acc DD set
ItemSet 331536
Low acc set yea that mantle wont drop, legs/feet no.Ares +1 legs/eje boots are better, rest is the same.

Acc set havn't really looked into unity stuff yet so missed the 21 accmantle, acc set your not capped haste(unless you have ionis) and use burmete, more acc. Neck yea havn't gotten it since theres no real content i need that much acc for for that cost. thought we were arguing about curing for hate?
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-12 00:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ares are worse than Cizin, eje is worse than xaddi. Buremete aren't worth the loss of deff and -pdt for content you need that acc for and can stick in agitator's if you are worried as well.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-12-12 14:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

if hate is capped it most certainly is, any pld worth their salt knows this. Any enmity+ action you take with capped hate if someone pulls hate gets it back even if its a cure I.

So will swinging your weapon, which comes with the added benefit of not being a waste of time
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-12 14:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/31068-Elements-to-be-Implemented-in-the-March-27th-Version-Update?p=407868#post407868

Very true, devalues at 99. Worse off as well SE adjusted cure enmity when they put in tanquil heart for mages.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-12-12 17:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

So will swinging your weapon, which comes with the added benefit of not being a waste of time

^^^^ this is my point exactly ^^^^