Incursion Tp/fudo Sets. Please Help!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Incursion tp/fudo sets. Please help!!!
Incursion tp/fudo sets. Please help!!!
First Page 2
By lhova 2014-11-06 17:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok my ls normally does high level incursion and I'm normally on Sam on these runs. We go with 18 with DDs bards gel cors etc, so please assume optimal buffs. Now we have 2 koga SAMs and 2 sams like me using Tsurumaru and while the other Sam normally keeps up with (and sometimes out parses) the Koga SAMs, I'm always 3rd or 4th in the parse. My Accis typically better then the koga and other Tsu SAMs (I'll be 89%ish and they will be mid to low 80s) but they still are at the 24 to 25% total parse and I'm 14 to 15% on the boss run (mega boss and some fodder). I don't get how there ws avg is 4500 to 5k and I'm always around 2200. They normally get off 5 to 10 more ws so I know that explains why they beat me but I don't get the ws avg. please take a look at my sets and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Also I'll be honest and say I haven't fully incorporated all of SAMs ability into my arsenal yet. Directly utilizing sengikori hamanoha hagakure or even konzen-ittai so I don't know if that's killing me as well. Thanks for the help and yes gear gas + Str augs and 1% plus crit on otronif pants and +7% Acc on boots. Also I beli we all eat river fin soup and we sub war.

ItemSet 328496

ItemSet 314836
 Cerberus.Flaminglegion
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Flaminglegion 2014-11-06 17:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

if that TP set is giving you uncapped accuracy, the WS set is giving you even less, aim for similar level of acc to your TP set
Parsing with scoreboard?
Missed hits on WS will bring your WSavg down, idk if completely missed WS counts as 0 dmg for the avg but that might drag it down too

edit: counted quickly, but
105 DEX 150acc ~229 total acc TP set
19 DEX 47 acc ~61 total acc WS set (edit2: +10 on ele gorget/belt)

If the TP set is giving you 90% acc, your WS set is flooring you
By camaroz 2014-11-06 17:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Typically you will/should not be beating a Koga sam. That said your ws set is more a max set. Try making additional sets incorporating some acc. Hopefully that helps.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-06 17:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably pretty low on attack if your accuracy is that low as well. Fudo doesn't have an attack bonus. Yaoyotl helm, R15A Mikinaak gauntlets, prosilio belt +1, Sakonji sune-ate +1, strigoi ring, etc.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-06 17:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Probably pretty low on attack if your accuracy is that low as well. Fudo doesn't have an attack bonus. Yaoyotl helm, R15A Mikinaak gauntlets, prosilio belt +1, Sakonji sune-ate +1, strigoi ring, etc.

Should swap out the STR earring for the 12 Acc earring too seeing as its in his acc set, its a Solid Acc bonus for a minimal stat loss.
[+]
 Siren.Strawhat
Server: Siren
user: Strawhat
By Siren.Strawhat 2014-11-06 18:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

what level of incursion are you doing?
I'm a koga sam, and i was fine on lvl 130 with just cor and brd buffs and using sole +1, unless Mega boss has had Eva bonus, then it's was a problem...
well for TP set, you may want to replace 8 atk earring with 8 accu one, (duh)... I also use Iqabi Necklace for Neck and Olseni belt for waist, 13 and 20 accu, mars's and patricius ring(7accu), get Xaddi Cuisses (path B, 15accu,-3pdt), get Mes'yohi haubergeon(30 accu).

my typical belief is that accu > atk when you're not close to cap
also koga sam have an option to either maintain am3 >> more hits, or am1 >> More accu ( i think +30~40)

for ws set i keep my TP head/body/hands/legs/feet (don't like blinking with all the ws spam)
for earring i use moonshade earring(accu +4 tp bonus +250) and burtal, Light gorget (not sure if thunder works) and metalsinger belt.

at the end of it all, i filter damage dealt!!~

P.S. ask other Sam in your group, anyone who spend a decent amount of time gearing up their character usually will chat about that topic for hours.
By lhova 2014-11-06 19:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So when you guys are in your tp and ws sets what's your Acc?
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-06 20:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
So when you guys are in your tp and ws sets what's your Acc?
no buff, no ionis, no food
High acc set is 918 for tp and 834 for ws as a koga user. Keep in mind first hit from your fudo will have a accuracy bonus attached to it. I believe the untested amount is roughly 100 acc, might be old info on that.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-06 23:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just switching to a gorget/belt that actually works would help the most >_>;;
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-06 23:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

Hah, I didn't even notice that. Light, snow, and aqua work for Fudo.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-06 23:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunder gorget and belt work with fudo.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tachi:_Fudo
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Light
By Davorin 2014-11-07 02:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Thunder gorget and belt work with fudo.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tachi:_Fudo
http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Light

Nope.

Thunder gorget
Tachi: Fudo
By lhova 2014-11-07 13:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

To my understanding they work.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-07 13:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Namas Arrow test on Wild Rabbits (same SC properties as Fudo)

No Gorget: 6546
Thunder Gorget: 6546
Light Gorget: 6780
[+]
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2014-11-07 14:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Fair enough, bgwiki sc light page needs some tweaking it seems.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-07 14:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »

Fair enough, bgwiki sc light page needs some tweaking it seems.

Probably not a great idea to Challenge Llewelyn.
By lhova 2014-11-07 15:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I wish I would have known that. Guess its time to farm in Sea....
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-07 15:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Happen to know exactly how much accuracy the gorgets add to a WS? I looked up Light Gorget on bgwiki and it only mentions ftp bonus.

Started filling out SAM a couple of days ago, still missing a couple of pieces but so far up to about 848 ACC in TP, and 774 ACC in WS( this is with a Light Gorget and a Metalsinger Belt though, Not sure exactly how much ACC gorgets provide, so trying to decide if Light Gorget will be enough, or if I just use Light Belt as well.

THese numbers are without Food/buffs, I know in Incursion on THF as long as I'm getting buffed with the melee, ACC is fine with just Marinara Pizza +1, and my ACC w/o food/buffs on THF high ACC is around 900~. So that's what I'm gonna shoot for on SAM. Once I get the last couple of pieces I'm missing for TP, should be pretty close.

Just trying to balance WS set with the gorget/belt necessities.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-11-07 15:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed upon value is 10. I don't remember if it's applied to all hits or first hit, though I believe it's all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-11-07 15:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed upon value is 10. I don't remember if it's applied to all hits or first hit, though I believe it's all.

Dammit, hmm, ok.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2014-11-07 17:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Strawhat said: »
for ws set i keep my TP head/body/hands/legs/feet (don't like blinking with all the ws spam)
/lockstyle is your friend.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-07 18:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darvamos said: »
Siren.Strawhat said: »
/lockstyle is your friend.

In fairness, if you're in the market for uncapped accuracy WS sets, you could do a lot worse than the high accuracy SAM tp sets for the main 5 slots.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-08 18:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it was tested that the accuracy is applied to all hits. However, it was a very old test (~'08) so some suspicion may be warranted (although I'm willing to accept it).
By lhova 2014-11-15 09:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok made some upgrades to my set and hoping to try it out tonight at Incursion (129 I believe). Just hoping that I could stay relevant with the koga Sam that is going to be there in regards to ws avg. Before he destroyed me 5700+ compared to my 2300+. I know that Koga has the advantage but in Ionis zones I don't expect to get murdered like that lol.

ItemSet 328496

As always any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm still working on metalsinger (got ninja'd from lot a while ago but thats another story) and I'm not sure if I should incorporate more acc and if so where should I take it from. I know with the fudo str mod I should stack as much str as possible so I was considering replacing Phorcys body with Sakonji +1 for the added str and acc. Just not sure how that will impact me. I use riverfin soup and optimal buffs. Also me and the Koga sam are in the same party so we keep identical buffs for the most part. Also trying to figure out if I should be trying a multi level skillchain versus fudo spam but I figured it would be hard to do that with all the other ws apamming. Thank you all.

Also do you think I should swap brutal for Vulcan pearl?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-15 09:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok made some upgrades to my set and hoping to try it out tonight at Incursion (129 I believe). Just hoping that I could stay relevant with the koga Sam that is going to be there in regards to ws avg. Before he destroyed me 5700+ compared to my 2300+. I know that Koga has the advantage but in Ionis zones I don't expect to get murdered like that lol.

ItemSet 328496

As always any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm still working on metalsinger (got ninja'd from lot a while ago but thats another story) and I'm not sure if I should incorporate more acc and if so where should I take it from. I know with the fudo str mod I should stack as much str as possible so I was considering replacing Phorcys body with Sakonji +1 for the added str and acc. Just not sure how that will impact me. I use riverfin soup and optimal buffs. Also me and the Koga sam are in the same party so we keep identical buffs for the most part. Also trying to figure out if I should be trying a multi level skillchain versus fudo spam but I figured it would be hard to do that with all the other ws apamming. Thank you all.

Kinda the same as before, R15A Mikinaak Gauntlets, Sakonji Sune-Ate +1, etc
By lhova 2014-11-15 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 328496

I know this is noobish but what the direct relationship between ws damage when considering attack ve strength with fudo on mega boss in incursion? Based on your suggestions it doesn't seem like I can do both but I'm not sure the exact trade off or attack number I should be looking for in my ws set. I thought with Fudo you just stack as much strength as possible while also trying to get accuracy to make sure you don't whiff to much. Thanks.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-15 10:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 328496

I know this is noobish but what the direct relationship between ws damage when considering attack ve strength with fudo on mega boss in incursion? Based on your suggestions it doesn't seem like I can do both but I'm not sure the exact trade off or attack number I should be looking for in my ws set. I thought with Fudo you just stack as much strength as possible while also trying to get accuracy to make sure you don't whiff to much. Thanks.

It depends on your attack vs the mob's defense. The lower your attack is, the more powerful stacking attack is. For basically anything higher than fodder, Boor Bracelets and Ejekamal Boots start to fall behind very quickly.
By lhova 2014-11-15 10:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 328496

It depends on your attack vs the mob's defense. The lower your attack is, the more powerful stacking attack is. For basically anything higher than fodder, Boor Bracelets and Ejekamal Boots start to fall behind very quickly.

Well is there a number to shoot for in regards to attack? I don't konw where my attack numbers fall exactly when I'm doing incursion but I want to say its probably in the 1300 range without zerk and probably in the 1500 range with all buffs and zerk. Not exactly sure though. I don't know what the ideal number or limit for attack with Sam would be. I really don't get the math behind figuring out whats the ideal set or numbers.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-15 10:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

pDIF caps at 2.25 for melee weapons. So, if the mob has 1,000 DEF, you need 2,250 ATT to cap. I'm honestly not sure what NM's defense is, or what defense down effects you're using on it.
By lhova 2014-11-15 11:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it even possible for a Sam to have that much attack? I think I've heard of Darks getting their attack in the 2000s but not sure.
First Page 2