_____ is greater than Morrigan's
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-13 15:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this has been done somewhere before but I cant find it so looking for help or more insight.

I'm looking up all that needs to be completed to get a Morrigan's set and... well it's a ***.

Are there any other pieces of equip I could use to become an even better blm?
 Valefor.Lilbusta
Server: Valefor
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-13 16:01:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've been told, it's not the by the set since you could do better with a mix-and-match setup. Really BLM has more than just one set to roll with that the situation calls for. Elemental skill > MAB/INT in some cases or MAB/INT > Ele skill in others.

With either set you'll also want hMP pieces to reduce downtime, but that's a given.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-13 16:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I mainly want the robe but figured I'd look into the requirements for the entire set. But even just one piece is crazy-difficult to obtain. No wonder so few ppl have them.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-13 16:04:19

It's only for the harcore like the relic weapons.

If you have the people that are willing to help, you can get fast.

BLM has many options to go by and really all the true BLMs out there swear by some gear and curse other gear. Good example is the Sorcer's Sash and Witch's Sash. Which one is better? It depends on the situation. You'll have some BLMs wearing one or the other and that's what they think is best. I even had to do it with a Vermie and Demon's Cloak just for my BLM. I chose Demon's since it gave me more than a Vermie did, given my race and job.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-08-13 16:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd work on getting legs too if I were you~ They're the best I've seen for BLM so far ^^ And the cheapest piece, at least on Sylph~ (Maybe second cheapest)
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-13 16:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hm... wonder if i can talk Sav and her ls into helping me and my ls get me one?

Anyway, til I figure this dilemma out, are there any wortwhile mentions as far as pieces of body equip or full set ups to get the max damage out of my spells?
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-08-13 16:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Shaq-fu > everything :D
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-13 16:27:54

For you right now...hmmm...

Genie Weskit if you have the gil or if you don't go for the NQ weskit. That should hold you until you can get morrigans. I haven't seen a BLM run around with a Yigit body on my server.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-13 16:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

u kno, how come i haven't seen one of these in forever????

Edit: I actually remember Shaq fu /facepalm
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-08-13 16:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're after a trophy set, Full Morrigan's is really nice. That being said you'd probably get a better set by piecing something together though. BLM gear is dependent on what you're nuking. You probably want to carry around 3 or more levels of nuking gear. Here are some examples:

No Resist - MAB > INT > Skill/MACC
320/120 - Hit 320 Skill/Macc, 120 INT, fill the rest with MAB and INT
330/130 - Hit 330 Skill/Macc, 130 INT, fill the rest with MAB and INT
Full Resist - Fill every slot you can with Skill/MACC

I've got some examples of what my goals are for BLM gear wise in my items sets here:

BLM 320/120
BLM 330/130
BLM Full Resist

Hopefully these examples help you in your path to gearing your BLM.

- web
[+]
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-13 16:33:45

Couldn't tell ya right now since I'm blocked from ff wiki >.> I was looking at Gleeman's cape and stuff from Einjar for BLM.

I'm working on Zenith Mitts atm and those aren't too terrible to get.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Server: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-08-13 16:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

cuz its failure
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-13 16:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

oh. It's a Dalmatica. They all but went extinct.

I am piecing together equip I want to start collecting. Vicious Mufflers look pretty epic.
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-13 16:38:51

Good for starting on decent 75 gear and those are easy to get.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-13 16:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Novio earrings make my head hurt. (Q_Q)
 Valefor.Lilbusta
user:
By Valefor.Lilbusta 2009-08-13 16:54:42

Lol, but they are damn sexy!

I haven't figured if Goliards feet > yigit crackows though. Both of them are easy, but time consuming to get.

Dalmatica is a not something you want for BLM unless you're looking at Magic Def+ for some strange reason.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-08-13 17:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see a blm experiment with "Bonus damage added to Magic Burst." gear.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-08-13 17:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Morgy Robe really is intimidating. I think Im gonna spend the gil and time to try to augment my westkit for a INT bonus...as for Novio Earring, I think is like Kirins Osode for Sea...everyone wants it..for use or to sell...
It is another one of those things you need good friends for to get.
 Shiva.Akajoyroth
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Akajoyroth 2009-08-13 17:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
I'd like to see a blm experiment with "Bonus damage added to Magic Burst." gear.

I don't think there is very many pieces of gear that do that...
*Edit*
Yea I powa searched...only came up with three things.

Plus you gotta look into AM II merits for that as well.

I think MAB works better for SC+MB rather straight up Nuke but I dont know.
It all comes down (like said earlier in the thread) what you are Nuking
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-08-13 17:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see there's Static Earring for starters from apoc nigh. Sorcerer's gloves have that effect as well.

I also see a 8k stave called catalyst.

There could be more but there doesn't seem to be one place where these are all documented.
 Sylph.Atriant
Server: Sylph
user: Atriant
By Sylph.Atriant 2009-08-13 17:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Dalmatica is not used for nuking, rather for an idle refresh. It is no more practical than Sorcerer's Coat or Black Cloak for BLM, however, some see it as a trophy piece & wear it over the latter 2. For nuking purposes stick with Weskit, swap in for nukes, back to refresh body for idle. Of course, Morrigan's Robe is better but if you don't have time/gil to acquire it hq weskit is second best followed by nq.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-08-13 17:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
Great idea... but lamentably it's rare that people SC and want a BLM to get into the action with a MB except in HNM.

Thus any utility gained would just be limited to that situation. I mean you wouldn't wear that a pudding meripo. :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-13 18:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
Lol, but they are damn sexy!

I haven't figured if Goliards feet > yigit crackows though. Both of them are easy, but time consuming to get.

For resistance gol for dmg yigit easy. As far as this OP even with the best mix and match its nearly impossible to beat the dmg of a full morrigans and even then you sacrifice some macc to do so. Part of this has to do with legs are about the best nuking peice possible as is body and hands can only be beaten by zenith+1 which is like never up for sale... like none in rl years. And you lose macc then...while there are lots of better heads besides MKE you wont get one with more a slight increase in dmg and either way will lose macc... while there are some feet that are a bit better... well then you get another 5mab from the set. Not to mention the refresh and mp on the peices...
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-13 18:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nashira crackows > Goliard for resist.

5 Ele skill + 2 MaCC > 4 INT + 2 MaCC. Unless you're elvaan and fails at INT so your dINT is so low that you need moar INT :d

Paulus said:

There's nothing to experiment, formulas are known already, and correct. +5 dmg added to MB (like on AFv2 hands or Static) are respectively superior than Z.mitts+1 and Moldy earring when MB occur off course.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Server: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-08-13 18:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

ACP Body Royale Redingote with MAB+5 and Macc+5 is (based on the rough figure that 4 INT = 1 MAB and 2 Macc) slightly ahead of Igqira Weskit and on par with Genie.

Converting the int and skill into MAB and Macc:
6 MAB 5 Macc from Igqira
6.25 MAB 7.5 Macc from Redingote
7 MAB 6 Macc from Genie

While this is a rough figure, and it's not *that* much better, it's food for thought.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-13 18:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well knowing the Weskit EX VERSION RELOADED can get augmented with +6INT, ACP body with nuking stats is obsolete. And even if you don't get +6, getting +3~5 ain't that hard.
 Fenrir.Lacy
Server: Fenrir
user: Lacyanne
By Fenrir.Lacy 2009-08-13 18:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in since I am a full morrigan blm. First, morrigan set is a pain in the *** to get and requires a lot of time and money to do so. In a nuking contest with pimped out BLMs from a previous shell (genie weskits, Sorc. ring, zenith +1 and novios), I out damaged them slightly. A full morrigan wearing BLM will outdamage a mix and match BLM (assuming all gear slots are the same otherwise, rings, earrings etc). However, on weather and day of the week, a mix and match BLM with Sorc. pants will outdamage the full morrigan wearing BLM. So depending on the situation (weather/day of the week) will determine what gear is better. I hope that helps.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-13 18:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Nashira crackows > Goliard for resist.

5 Ele skill + 2 MaCC > 4 INT + 2 MaCC. Unless you're elvaan and fails at INT so your dINT is so low that you need moar INT :d

But Goliard >>>>>>>> Nashira in terms of ease of getting it, lol.

Seriously, getting people together to do ultima is just a pain in the butt.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-13 18:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, but in that case I'd rather keep yigit and focus on "resist" equipment on others slots, since you definitely do not need goliard or nashira to get a good build for HNMs.

Hitetsu said:
I'd work on getting legs too if I were you~ They're the best I've seen for BLM so far ^^ And the cheapest piece, at least on Sylph~ (Maybe second cheapest)

Not anymore, augmented HQ errant with +1MaB. Better than morrigan's. (pricey to get tho, unless you're lucky).

With augmented items, full morrigan's ain't the most powerful set for nuking "non resistant" mob anyway :s
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-08-13 18:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, goli vs yigit is a decent trade off since you still retain some extra dmg with goli. I do use goli on HNM's personally as a lot of stuff either has some magic def or -magic dmg so you don't get all that much out of the magic atk on the yigit anyways.
First Page 2 3 4