Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Just wondering
Just wondering
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2014-10-07 21:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been away for a while now and was curious besides getting our dagger skills improved has thief received any major adjustments in the last 1.5 years that make them more viable as an endgame job?

Only curious as it was my first job to 75 way back in the day. (and imo one of the more neglected classes right there with rdm, well baring they actually made some meaningful changes hence the point in me posing this query)
By Pantafernando 2014-10-07 21:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

We got some events where th is relevant.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2014-10-07 22:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Knala said: »
I've been away for a while now and was curious besides getting our dagger skills improved has thief received any major adjustments in the last 1.5 years that make them more viable as an endgame job?

Only curious as it was my first job to 75 way back in the day. (and imo one of the more neglected classes right there with rdm, well baring they actually made some meaningful changes hence the point in me posing this query)

Yes, Thief is a useful job in endgame. Good damage and Treasure Hunter.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-07 23:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
We got some events where th is relevant.

^This, unless you're lucky or with friends you're not going to any event unless TH is required or useful... which is actually quite a lot of events :D. Luckily, most things are single party and you'll be getting buffs... which is quite a nice change of pace.

But yah, THF is still taking to things that need TH (which is baffling in the case of RNG-fights when technically you could just have your RNG use Bounty shot when its up and end the fight with TH7-8 most times...)
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-07 23:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean weapon skills became unlockable, and they changed/upped the modifiers on weaponskills, meaning not only can you use Rudra's with any dagger but it got a buff too.

You probably won't be thfing in delve unless you have really good friends or your thf is very well geared.

Thf is still useful/relevant in BCS and Incursion.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By cervelo84 2014-11-15 21:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen bounty shot get a chance to proc higher then 6, you serious about 8?