Forum » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Stop shouting and not adding BLU campaign
Stop shouting and not adding BLU campaign
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-22 09:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

As a career blu it always hurts me when I'm forced to play another job and then watch the dd do far worse than what blu could have contributed. Lately it has been incursion that has excluded what should be a key job for the event. I land with ease dream flower and watched the brd struggle to keep them slept. I have seen the word erase in my chat log more than anything else knowing I have an AOE erase that I can spam, I have With PDT held the NM while others cleared adds and let's not forget to mention I out parse monks and some samurais on the regular.. This isn't me venting it's me saying stop hating on what is one of the best jobs in the game because you don't understand it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-09-22 10:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I certainly don't miss those days, you gotta play with people who are good. I play BLU to almost everything or anything I want!
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-09-22 10:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

make a party full of BLUs
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-22 10:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's one of those things where you have to build a good reputation as a standout BLU, too many people play the job really badly, that people aren't going to trust some random BLU unless they know them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-09-22 10:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just that type of bandwagon on this game. DD wise either mnk or sam or gtfo. By all means I have seen many blue mages out dmg in parse just the fact people are stuck on needing MNK and SAM for everything and it kills the game.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-09-22 10:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you must play with terrible sams
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-22 10:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

PUGs have a higher risk of failure than friend/linkshell groups from non-job related things; bad leadership, people who don't read up on the event and just assume because they have X job geared they're ready for anything, people who just generally don't play well, etc. For that reason I don't necessarily blame them for sticking to more "efficient" DD setups, high damage paired with the fact that jobs like SAM and MNK are relatively piss easy to play, there are small things they can do that obviously separate the seasoned ones from a good player who just picked it up a day ago, but that's hardly game breaking in the long run.

Consider how many shitty MNKs you've played with and imagine if they were on a job that required them to know what they were doing. Obviously the real solution would be to not take them to the event at all, but without prior experience no one can be aware of that, so at least being on MNK minimizes the retard-damage they do to the whole group.

That being said, best solution is always to make some friends to do events with and come whatever the hell job you want.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-22 10:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sieha said: »
you must play with terrible sams

and brds. (NB: bards can't sleep the nms, but they should have no problem sleeping fodders.)
By Highwynd 2014-09-22 10:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad most BLUs I invite are rocking Eminent gear, 109AF and offhanding OAT sword(which is a fine sword, for weak content, not high level content).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-22 10:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shake my fking head. As stated above, you need a reputation. I literally got invited to a Celestial Nexus last night from a guy, and his tell stated "I need a 119DD, and your BLU is really good. Need someone who can tag and kill the orbitals fast".

I'm sure a monk or something could have been better, but when I joined the party and saw the other members, I quickly realized why I was invited to come BLU.

I play BLU 95% of the time, when im idling, farming, everything. In any event I get added to, I always ask if I can come BLU, even if the initial shout was for a BRD or COR or something (I have those too). I do that just to mess with people though.

But any real player who knows what BLU brings to the table wouldn't shy away from inviting you, as long as they can trust that you're pretty reliable. Seriously though. 5/5 JSE/JSE2 is really not the setup you want to be rocking in town, or...ever.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2014-09-22 11:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We bring BLU to incursion all the time! Stop by our shell sometime man! I know you got a pearl!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-22 11:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record I'm not talking about me, I have to be one of the top five blue mages on my server. I am talking in general. Blu should be included in the shout period for just what it brings to the table as a job. It offers to much to be swept under the rug.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-09-22 11:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That discussion has been debated so much, it's kind of beating a dead horse. We have heard the full story from both ends. I agree with you, but you're speaking to the wrong individuals on this issue. You're going to have to convince the rest of the playerbase who fails to see BLU's utility otherwise, that they are more than reasonably welcome, if not, better than a flat out DD/Nuker/Debuffer/haster/misc. BLU can do it all, but the argument, has, was and always will be "another job can do all the things BLU can do better".

tl;dr - Don't waste your time with this argument again. All the real BLUs out there know how good the job performs.
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-09-22 11:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I certainly don't miss those days, you gotta play with people who are good. I play BLU to almost everything or anything I want!
I need to visit your server I'd enjoying trying to duo high tier battlefields with another blu.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2014-09-22 12:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

imo I think it's because most of the shouts are done by noobs and bought accounts. the beauty of this game is that you can achieve anything with any job combination if people know what they are doing.

I'm starting to see a lot of elite words such as "veteran, relic, etc." really it's annoying, it's why I left FFXIV and hate to see this plague spreads in FFXI.

Specially with the PLD must have Ochain/Aegis to play mentality, maybe someone should tell SE to stop adding shields or non-relic weapons.

Thank god i play in JP time. GL!
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-22 12:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Vitaru said: »
imo I think it's because most of the shouts are done by noobs and bought accounts. the beauty of this game is that you can achieve anything with any job combination if people know what they are doing.

I'm starting to see a lot of elite words such as "veteran, relic, etc." really it's annoying, it's why I left FFXIV and hate to see this plague spreads in FFXI.

Specially with the PLD must have Ochain/Aegis to play mentality, maybe someone should tell SE to stop adding shields or non-relic weapons.

Thank god i play in JP time. GL!

Most PUGs aren't noobs or bought accounts, they're just people who don't have a group of friends with the required jobs or the skill to complete content with substandard jobs.

The stigma for Aegischain PLD is pretty well founded, as well. Without Aegischain, PLD doesn't offer a significant advantage over a DD tanking. PLD also isn't really needed anytime you use a melee strat, and chances are, if you don't have an Aegischain, you won't be keeping hate off non-relic RNG's or staying alive long enough for enmity to be an issue.

BLU is a seriously powerful and adaptive job, but as others have said clearly, most people just plain suck at it. It requires a very high level of dedication and understanding to make it shine, and most of the playerbase just doesn't care or understand the job enough to play it well. In the abyssea days, anyone could burn NIN and tank, anyone could burn WAR or MNK and DD, BLU just has a higher bar for efficacy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-09-22 12:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu is a *** journey more than a job
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-09-22 12:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Blu is a *** journey more than a job

I always found the immortals storyline particularly cohesive to the nature of the job.
[+]
 Asura.Tot
Server: Asura
By Asura.Tot 2014-09-22 12:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

its not about the job, its about the player, for any job
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-09-24 12:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Worldslost said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I need to visit your server I'd enjoying trying to duo high tier battlefields with another blu.

Draylo can got as DD bard if he wants too, he's the LS leader. But tbh it would be nice to see people invite more combo's of jobs and just have fun with it. Hell lets start having some RUN tank AA's :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-24 12:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

run will eat dirt from many of the physical ws unless they have mythic.. even with mythic, they're probably incapable of tanking all mobs for DM, so you'd need 2+ runs to do what 1 pld can

but yea, it basically comes down to: make your own group if you want to play a shitty job, because nobody else is obligated to humor you

good blu >>>>>>>>> average mnk or sam, but it's silly to pretend they're comparable in the context of equal gear/player..
[+]
 Bismarck.Inference
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-09-24 12:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But man I won this parse once and stuff.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-24 12:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
run will eat dirt from many of the physical ws unless they have mythic.. even with mythic, they're probably incapable of tanking all mobs for DM, so you'd need 2+ runs to do what 1 pld can

but yea, it basically comes down to: make your own group if you want to play a shitty job, because nobody else is obligated to humor you

good blu >>>>>>>>> average mnk or sam, but it's silly to pretend they're comparable in the context of equal gear/player..

I believe certain things IE Requiescat is a rather useful alternative as it provides the ability to ignore a lot of special defences.. AoE erases, cocoon with no detriment to Attack, better accuracy gear than some Heavy DD, Been seing Sanguine blade do 11750 damage on content now, and flash nova hitting 13k on certain mobs

I'm not going to sit here for one minute and say a BLU would beat a SAM in straight up DD content with competent supports, I'm saying a BLU doesn't need competent supports to Deal tons of Damage, and in content WITH ***supports Good BLU > Good SAM solely due to this ~

Really depends who you play with however.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sagiaurex
user: Sagiaurex
By Leviathan.Sagiaurex 2014-09-24 13:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Cause what are DD without mages amirite?
[+]
By Presidentmerman 2014-09-24 13:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Worldslost said: »
For the record I'm not talking about me, I have to be one of the top five blue mages on my server. I am talking in general. Blu should be included in the shout period for just what it brings to the table as a job. It offers to much to be swept under the rug.
Top BLU? News to me. Just sayin
By Selindrile 2014-09-24 13:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, Blu is pretty good in several fights, I can see it on orbs in Nexus I suppose because it has a good fast claim in Glutinous Dart.

Blu is effing amazing in incursion, I always try to bring one if I can find a decent one, Sudden Lunge is amazing on fodder, (though useless on bosses) it really cuts down on annoyance, and thus time spent debuffed, etc when killing trash. Also why not have someone else who can sleepga, and AoE erase can be extremely good there too.

It is indeed a bit lackluster in some content, but more to the point, the average random Blu asking to join your group is probably terrible, good ones are few and far between it seems to me, even me, huge Blu fan that I am, vett Blus asking to join my parties more stringently than the more mainstream jobs that everyone seems to know how to play at least mostly effectively.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2014-09-24 13:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bluepeen.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Server: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2014-09-24 13:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Having just leveled blu (TBH I hated the job from the 75 era) I see ppl with weird spells set for the spells instead of traits and try to be a dd this is largely the problem. With a few job points this job changes greatly and a smart player can make use of many traits that will contribute to being a top class DD on top of adding things like AoE sleeps and AoE erase.

I guess in the end like many jobs atm ppl invite the job not the person.
 Leviathan.Blittzjr
user: tripletee
By Leviathan.Blittzjr 2014-09-24 13:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol this topic made my day
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-09-24 13:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm superbly biased here, as BLU has been my favorite job since its conception, but it's rough to see it go underappreciated these days. They offer so much utility in the forms of buffs, debuffs, CC, heals and status cures that it's ridiculous. Let's not forget that with WAR sub, they are one of only two job combinations capable of having innate Double Attack and Triple Attack, the only other being THF/WAR. I think if people stopped running every single group as a complete cookie-cutter strategy, they would be pleasantly surprised by what BLU offers. However, I do have to say that I understand the stigma against the job. Far too often you would see BLUs TPing in full AF3+2 back in Abyssea, and I still see them running around in Hagondes for TP. It's a job that requires understanding and practice, but when you develop those two traits, it can amaze.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7