Node 190
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-09-16 08:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in. Just need to get certain pieces of gear, provided I can find crafters.
[+]
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Server: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-16 23:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I'm in. Just need to get certain pieces of gear, provided I can find crafters.
Wish it was a bit easier to get all the required gear.

YouTube Video Placeholder

I imagine many videos will go like this one

Will be posting videos of attempts! This is much harder than most will anticipate. I look forward to videos!

If you're on the pheonix & need a sync or someone to record send me a message!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-17 00:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

listing yourself as the 'world champion' and avesta as a notable mention when you got all the gear easymode and have 6 years of gameplay buffs on your side is a little bit biased
[+]
By mortontony1 2014-09-17 00:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »

You have a message and it's really bothering me...
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-17 00:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
listing yourself as the 'world champion' and avesta as a notable mention when you got all the gear easymode and have 6 years of gameplay buffs on your side is a little bit biased
Getting gear "easymode" and having years of gameplay buffs doesn't make it biased, the challenge is a speed run. Avesta's videos have cuts in them otherwise they would be in the listing, it is in the rules that the videos can't have cuts.

My videos are currently the only videos that I've seen of a player soloing the sky gods, if there are others out there then please post them and take the #1 spot!

Hopefully can turn this into an actual twitch speed-run event type thing. FFXI currently has no official speed runs and I believe this is a good spot to set the bar for FFXI's community as a whole.

(I would of much preferred if another person made this very thread so I didn't have to list myself at all, however if I did that then I'd most likely be waiting an eternity.)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-17 00:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

the gods aren't the same fight on 2014 retail as they were on 2008 retail, even if you intentionally avoid using new things(and from what i've seen you don't, you use the new debuffs, use spirits with the huge change, etc)

what you're doing now isn't a fraction as impressive as what avesta did then, even looking past the fact you basically skipped the gearing portion(a dring in 2008 is worth more than 10x what your whole 75 cap rdm is now in hours..)
[+]
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-17 00:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

the gods aren't the same fight on 2014 retail as they were on 2008 retail, even if you intentionally avoid using new things(and from what i've seen you don't, you use the new debuffs, use spirits with the huge change, etc)
The challenge was just released yesterday. Anyone who had a video before hand would of been ahead of the game. The goal is to beat the current quickest kill speed of each god, if a huge update comes out that makes kill time quicker, then kill time becomes quicker lol. It'll be ever evolving.

what you're doing now isn't a fraction as impressive as what avesta did then, even looking past the fact you basically skipped the gearing portion(a dring in 2008 is worth more than 10x what your whole 75 cap rdm is now in hours..)
Avesta is extremely impressive, that's why they're a notable mention! In fact, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation at all without Avesta.
 Bahamut.Odaru
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2014-09-17 01:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been regearing RDM75 for a few weeks now, nearly done. I'll be recording videos/streaming all of it soon.
[+]
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-09-17 01:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Odaru said: »
I've been regearing RDM75 for a few weeks now, nearly done. I'll be recording videos/streaming all of it soon.
Woooo! Can't wait to check it out!
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2014-10-08 17:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to duo Suzaku NIN + RDM! Really happy with how this first attempt went.

Soon I will start shouting to find people interested in giving it a try on Phoenix! Sadly it'll have to be Phoenix-onry for now until I can get some people on other servers interested.

Vets at 119 get to feel the old school feels, new players that never got to play at 75 get to feel a completely different side to FFXI.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-08 17:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »
Tried to duo Suzaku NIN + RDM! Really happy with how this first attempt went.

Soon I will start shouting to find people interested in giving it a try on Phoenix! Sadly it'll have to be Phoenix-onry for now until I can get some people on other servers interested.

Vets at 119 get to feel the old school feels, new players that never got to play at 75 get to feel a completely different side to FFXI.

Guess I need to post a BLU/NIN solo now.... 75 as in only 75 armors?

Challenege Accepted!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-10-08 18:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Level 75 with 75 armor. Or I guess you can just use your ilvl 119 stuff but we all know how terribly they'll scale down with level sync on.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-08 18:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
So do we count augments on all the old Lv.75 gear or not? The augments when released were kinda put there to bump up the gears usefulness to Lv.90 or so.

I shall be farming an Unaugmented Genbu shield before I start lol
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-08 18:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With augments you can try even harder solos though, or make up for lack of certain pieces.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [268 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2015-07-03 14:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

School/work/other games/life in general pulled me away for a pretty long time. Few pieces of gear I still don't have but I'm not going to wait for(maybe I could solo for some of them! haha) But I'm deleveling RDM as I'm typing this. I've rewritten most of my macros and should be recording/streaming very, very soon.

Now that I'm actively doing this again, I may take BLM down to 75 and bring NIN up from SJ level to 75 for some additional solo challenges. I really wish you could jusy sync to yourself at whatever level you want, deleveling is so terribly slow.
 Bismarck.Lizk
Server: Bismarck
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-07-03 15:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how people think that using alter egos can be taken as "solo"
 Asura.Kenrusai
Server: Asura
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2015-07-03 17:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, didn't see this thread existed, would have posted my Seiryu and Suzaku solo video here otherwise, but I guess this kind of expired anyways.
By Voren 2015-07-03 18:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lizk said: »
I love how people think that using alter egos can be taken as "solo"

So would it not be a solo on BST, SMN, or PUP? At least with alter egos you can't control them like you do a pet.
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2015-07-05 02:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure that RDM solos now really count... the cost of nukes have been cut in half and the damage values have been modified and stuff. I just killed a Zipacna in under 6 minutes and took 0 damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-05 16:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part, you're right. There are some exceptional cases, such as sky gods, due to them generally being resistant as *** anyways.

What I've been doing is taking RDM to new heights with a friend, to see what has been made possible due to these adjustments.

So far we've duo'd quite some interesting targets that would have otherwise been impossible, well, most of them, anyway:

Aspidonchelone
Nidhogg
King Behemoth
Lambton Worm
Sandworm Serket
Cerberus
Krabkatoa

Solowise I've done everything that was possible, a solo being made possible only as of the adjustments maybe being Za'Dha Adamantking. It's not easy to find solo targets that were not possible back then, but are possible now.

A few things I'm interesting in tackling next is a SW Guivre/SW KA, and an Ouryu.
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2015-07-05 23:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
For the most part, you're right. There are some exceptional cases, such as sky gods, due to them generally being resistant as *** anyways.

What I've been doing is taking RDM to new heights with a friend, to see what has been made possible due to these adjustments.

So far we've duo'd quite some interesting targets that would have otherwise been impossible, well, most of them, anyway:

Aspidonchelone
Nidhogg
King Behemoth
Lambton Worm
Sandworm Serket
Cerberus
Krabkatoa

Solowise I've done everything that was possible, a solo being made possible only as of the adjustments maybe being Za'Dha Adamantking. It's not easy to find solo targets that were not possible back then, but are possible now.

A few things I'm interesting in tackling next is a SW Guivre/SW KA, and an Ouryu.

All of these were duo at 75? What job was your friend? Did you record any of it?

KB and Serket were possible solo at 75 before they started modifying values and stuff.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-07-06 03:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Odaru said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Aspidonchelone
Nidhogg
King Behemoth
Lambton Worm
Sandworm Serket
Cerberus
Krabkatoa

All of these were duo at 75? What job was your friend? Did you record any of it?

KB and Serket were possible solo at 75 before they started modifying values and stuff.

This was all done with two Lv.75 RDMs, yeah. I suppose it's also worth noting our merits are set out in the same limitations they would be in the real Lv.75 cap, and so is our gear, so no Abyssea Dark Rings, etc.

We have recordings of the Nidhogg, Aspidochelone, and Krabkatoa duo, just waiting for my friend to finalize them and I'll post them up. For the rest, that particular RDM who records our fights wasn't there for those, so I did them with a different friend.

From that list, and based on our experience with them, I'd say KB, Nidhogg, Krabkatoa, and Cerberus were all possible in the real era. Nidhogg would require an absurd amount of medicines though. And this is assuming extremely good gear, too, so it wasn't really realistic. Not to mention the lag of dozens of people sitting on you would be immense.

Edit: I'm actually not sure about Nidhogg at 75 cap being duoable now I think harder about it.

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Odaru
By Bahamut.Odaru 2015-08-10 13:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said: »
I'm not sure KB was a solo at 75 once they implemented rage tbh.

Nid is kind of right on the fence between a duo and a trio in the era I think.

KB was certainly possible, despite rage timers. Bio is unresistable, you don't even need buffs beyond refresh to keep casting bio. I did a few ZNMs this way, that gear thingy in Undersea Ruins(I Think? This was an eternity ago) took like 5 hours of just spamming bio and running the mob in circles, KB isn't any different. If anything, it'd be easier because the spawn area is massive.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [61 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
[+]