users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » hi
hi
 Asura.Charlottie
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-09 20:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

so today i joined a group for Royale Ramble.

we did a few runs, so far so good. the sam starts being like 'i'm tired'.. which is 100% nominal if only because it took like an hour for people to get from jeuno to being ready to enter. the sam wins the next /random and we do his run, and he gets ocl ingot + d. ingot (lucky..)

so then, it's the whm's turn, and he trades his orb. he then says that he's been spit back out of the bc, and all subsequent attempts to trade don't work. he apparently talks to a gm who tells him there are no refunds and that it was due to server congestion. entering that bcnm is kinda glitchy, so that sux for him.

then we proceed to do my run, which fails miserably for no discernable reason. i am kinda bummed but it seems the group will stay together to redo mine and the whm's run. so we run to get orbs. so the sam is like 'i gotta go to bed guys, rep me'.

so then, the WHM starts telling him.. that he'll report him to a GM if he doesn't send him the D. ingot. i couldn't tell if he was kidding so i was just like.. oo-kay. the sam actually says 'yes, i will send you it', out of pity for the whm whose orb didn't work perhaps or because he just doesn't want to deal with whatever? so i ask the whm a few minutes later about it, and he informs me that a recent change in the 'rules and regulations' prohibits a player from breaking an obligation and that doing so would be regarded as an 'in game scam'.

so i thought for a second- a good 20 seconds of internal boggling- and responded duly 'oh, i thought you were just trying to scam him out of his loot.. XD' and he simply replied 'no'.

what do you guys think? anyone wanna link me to the latest rules and regulations of ffxi?
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-09 20:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

btw whm was mcgibbons of heavenlyknights
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-08-09 20:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

thats lol...
Blackmail is wrong =[
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-08-09 20:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure that mcgibbons is BSing
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-08-09 20:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

In-Game Scams

Definition
In-game scams are defined as any inappropriate actions meant to defraud a fellow player with the intent to take in-game items or other possessions from them. Such actions can be defined as, but are not limited to, giving misinformation, switching items out for others during a trade, or not abiding by a trade agreement.

Response
Scams will be investigated by the GM staff and account action may be taken on all individuals that are found to be involved in a trade scam. Any items or gil that are gained through such a scam will also be confiscated and returned to the rightful player. All accounts found involved in a trade scam will be immediately suspended and reviewed by the Account Admin for permanent account termination.

The GM team will attempt confiscate and return items or gil back to the victim, but there is no guarantee that the item will be returned.

As a rule, GMs do not get involved in player disputes. However, if an item was lent to another player and the borrower refuses to return the item, this will be treated as a scam and dealt with accordingly. If you find yourself a victim of a scam, please report this to the GM staff via "Support Desk" > "I want to report a violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement " within a week of the trade with as much detailed information as possible.

To protect yourself from scams, always double-check items in the trade window before hitting the "accept" button. Also when loaning items to others, be sure set clear terms for the date and time of return.

* Please understand that if the GM staff is unable to find evidence of trade or delivery during the course of the investigation, items cannot be returned.

* Please understand that due to technical constraints, the GM staff is only able to assist with trade scam investigations that are reported within one week of their occurrence. GMs cannot pursue reports received any later.

Reasons
Trade scams affect not only the perpetrator and the victim, but also Square Enix and the community as whole. To promote the growth of a healthy community, we must do our best to prevent them.

Is this what you were looking for? it would depend on the agreements before the bcnm? did you agree to share drops or YOYD? you'd probably need a clearer agreement than "send me it".."okay."
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-09 20:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT : lol

If saying "I will send it" = an obligation, what the *** seriously. GM should force me to marry lot of players since I said I'd marry them.
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-08-09 20:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you ultrarichard. i believe the obligation was nonverbally implied to be 'we're doing this ksnm together yoyd', and the accused's infraction was 'going to bed have to get up in 5 hours'.

don't get me wrong, i would share some of my extra YOYD loot with you if you got screwed over. but i wouldn't much like to be threatened with a gm call..~
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-09 20:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's even worse, if joining a party means you're forced to wait that EVERYONE gets what he came for before being allowed to leave = WTF² ???? SE gonna cast bind on me in IRL so I don't leave my computer, then DoT me to prevent me sleeping and finally charm me so I keep playing FF XI like a zombie ?

Sure leaving early ain't polite etc... But GM don't care about that. It's exactly like joining a Sacrarium party for Swift Belt, getting yours, leaving... GM won't do anything and don't have to do anything.
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-08-09 21:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

id tell him to kiss my *** >,>
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2009-08-09 21:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't Share my drop or let someone Blackmail me to do a run if I'm tired...
At least he had enough respect to say "im tired find me a rep" instead of Force d/cing.

I know SE is cracking down on players and making things harder for ppl because so many have *** up. i wouldn't be surprised if that was added to the POL agreement. if so, i guess if im tired and there 15 ppl needing to pop and item ill be force d/cing >.>
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-08-09 21:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
SE gonna cast bind on me in IRL so I don't leave my computer, then DoT me to prevent me sleeping and finally charm me so I keep playing FF XI like a zombie ?

LOL SE subs bst