Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Dev post new BST jugs sold by NPC
Dev post new BST jugs sold by NPC
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-25 04:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Six new familiars: The items required to summon these creatures will be sold by Theraisie, a new NPC located in Upper Jeuno (G-6).

Lizard
Pugil
Beetle
Slug
Fungaur
Sheep

Zero details, just pictures. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43912-dev1229-Job-Adjustments
 Sylph.Nimlith
Server: Sylph
user: Nimlith
By Sylph.Nimlith 2014-08-25 05:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All copies of former jug pets. Why can't they just remove the level cap from all jugs and focus on adding new families?

Also boo that they're bought from NPC and not crafted.
[+]
By Crevox 2014-08-25 06:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This sounds great. It might not only be a nice buff to beastmaster if the pets are good, but also greatly improve their usability.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-25 06:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

a lvl 119 lizard is pretty sexy sounding since its Infrasonics will be much easier to use
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-08-25 13:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy about the ilvl 119 lizard and amorph. We were missing those for a while. We will be able to keep killer instinct up on most things now. We also get ilvl 119 sleep song from the sheep. It will make the tenzen fight + SKCNM fights incredibly easy now.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-08-25 17:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This still doesn't fix the core problem that all pet jobs are suffering from, which is the low native accuracy and attack power of our pets.

Although, a new 119 Lizard with Infrasonics does sound intriguing. Hopefully SE doesn't screw the implementation up somehow.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-08-25 17:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure they're going to be 119? Maybe they'll just be an easy obtained ilvl pet (maybe about 115) that anyone can get, whereas the highest level pets will remain crafted.

Of course I'm not too familiar with bst so correct me if my assumptions are wrong.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-08-25 17:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be surprised if they were not ilvl 119 pets. 4 of the 6 pets shown can already be called out as ilvl 114 pets so it would be pretty redundant.
[+]
By Nazrious 2014-08-29 17:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
I would be surprised if they were not ilvl 119 pets. 4 of the 6 pets shown can already be called out as ilvl 114 pets so it would be pretty redundant.

It is SE we are speaking of.
 Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2014-08-30 01:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems they were confirmed to be Item Level 119.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-08-30 13:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Grekumah said:
I asked for a bit more information regarding the new pets announced for beastmaster, which will be added in the September version update.

All of the jugs you need to call these new pets will be sold from shops and the prices will range from 200 gil for the cheaper ones to 3000 gil for the more expensive ones.

Additionally, even for the cheapest pet it will be possible to call them out with a level of 119 through the Beast Affinity effect, and they have been made so they can be conveniently utilized.

I’m sure you’re also curious about what kind of stats and capabilities these new pets have. Well, I can tell you that each pet has their own special traits and as an example, the Jagil has a high attack modifier and the slug has damage reduction. We’d like you to be able to use these pets easily.

In regards to the lack of pet accuracy in content, we are looking into addressing this separately, so please hang in there for a future version update.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mrscoot
Server: Bahamut
user: Mrscoot
By Bahamut.Mrscoot 2014-09-09 06:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Any news on the new jugs?
By Warviper 2014-09-09 08:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

they suck
 Asura.Felgarr
Server: Asura
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-09-09 09:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Have the pet Ready moves been improved or expanded?

Can you quantify how much they suck? :)
 Sylph.Gades
By Sylph.Gades 2014-09-09 14:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SO did some research on all 6 new pets last night.

Lizard hits normal and the infrasonics did stick to mobs in the Adoulin areas. Needs more work.

Sheep hits hard. Rage makes critical hits around 700ish. Lamb Chop hit for roughly 3000.

Pugil pretty weak. low attack and defense sadly.

Fungar the breath attacks seem to be low, decent attack, lower bit of defense.

Beetle: excellent defense low attack.

Slug: low attack, very tough defense, constant enslow effect and his ready moves are very deadly. AoE 2700 on T mobs. Worked out pretty well.

All in all that is what I tested last night. I do not know if this will help or not but yeah to buy them will help those who can not make their own I guess.
[+]
By Warviper 2014-09-09 14:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Felgarr said: »

BST pets are still only viable if doing stuff AA on below N mode and in Dynamis the Rabit still looks to be the winner.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-09-09 20:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

New Jug Pet Info

The only one that naturally caps at 119 is the Slug.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-14 01:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Warviper said: »
Asura.Felgarr said: »

BST pets are still only viable if doing stuff AA on below N mode and in Dynamis the Rabit still looks to be the winner.

What makes Droopy Dortwin best for Dyna? Just curious. I haven't done Dyna on BST in a few months myself.
By grumpette 2014-09-14 02:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
What makes Droopy Dortwin best for Dyna? Just curious. I haven't done Dyna on BST in a few months myself.

Whirl Claws on Droopy or Peter has an extremely wide AOE range which also does decent damage. Whirl Claws allows your pet to AOE pull many mobs at once.

Unfortunately, while the rabbit can pull and tank many mobs at once in Dynamis, a 117-119 pet may be too high for Dynamis farming because the pets hit hard enough to kill mobs before you can proc them all.

If, however, you are needing spark points, you can get a good amount of sparks doings doing Whirl Claw-Unleash-Revitalizer spam on Beseiged mobs. You'll also get max Besieged points and can use those points for Imp. Gold to sell at a nice profit for less than 10 minutes of your time. That's how short Besieged battles last these days with a beastmaster or 2 holding the gate with Whirl Claw spam.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-15 09:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

grumpette said: »
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

Whirl Claws on Droopy or Peter has an extremely wide AOE range which also does decent damage. Whirl Claws allows your pet to AOE pull many mobs at once.

Unfortunately, while the rabbit can pull and tank many mobs at once in Dynamis, a 117-119 pet may be too high for Dynamis farming because the pets hit hard enough to kill mobs before you can proc them all.

If, however, you are needing spark points, you can get a good amount of sparks doings doing Whirl Claw-Unleash-Revitalizer spam on Beseiged mobs. You'll also get max Besieged points and can use those points for Imp. Gold to sell at a nice profit for less than 10 minutes of your time. That's how short Besieged battles last these days with a beastmaster or 2 holding the gate with Whirl Claw spam.

Yeah, using a 118-119 pet in Dyna seems to be a mixed bag, to me. I was using Falcorr earlier this year, which was a good compromise between damage and procs. With a strong 118 pet like the rabbit, I'd end up killing a lot of un-proc'ced mobs.

Honestly, I find Dyna on BST now to be a little bit disheartening. Our duo gets 700-780ish currency per run with me on dancer. On BST, it was more like 600-650, maybe 700 with no competition in the full 120 minutes. Any time you have even one more person, there's not enough mobs in any DC camp to support a geared beastmaster. I don't know how many of you still do Dyna on BST but this has been my experience.

I'll have to try that in Beseiged. I still have a ton of IS from colibri parties so I never really thought about farming more :P