Forum » Windower » Support » Battlemod Filters
Battlemod Filters
 Sylph.Elgorian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-07-28 00:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm struggling to set these filters up correctly.
There are so many options and I've changed them a lot.

Is there some kind of Battlemod Filters for dummies?
I think I'm just reading things wrong they way they're listed in the settings is a bit confusing to me at least. I know a few others struggling too.

Right now I just get so much spam even after changing filters repeatedly
[+]
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-07-28 01:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you checked the battlemod/data/filters folder?

There can be multiple, job-specific filters that either need editing or deleting.
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-07-28 01:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have the filters.xml
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-07-31 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is what I want to see if anyone can help:

--My White Damage
--My WS
--Attacks Evaded
--My Debuffs Landed
--My Debuffs Wear Off
--My Buffs
--My Buffs Wear Off
--My Cures
--Enemy WS/Spell Readying (Target @ Party/Alliance/Me/Monster)
--Enemy White Damage (Target @ Me)
--Enemy WS/Spell Damage (Target @ Me)
--Enemy Misses (Target @ Me)
--Party/Alliance Cures/Buffs (Target @ Me)
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-08-11 02:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This might help you read it better.

Quote:
Generally, the outer tag is the actor and the inner tag is the action.
If the monster is the actor, then the inner tag is the target and the tag beyond that is the action.
[+]
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-08-11 05:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks

I think what's confusing me most is the global stuff:
Code
        <me>
        <!-- He's targeting you! -->
            <all>false</all>         <!-- Prevents all of your messages from appearing -->
            <casting>false</casting> <!-- Prevents your "Jim begins casting ____" messages from appearing -->
            <damage>false</damage>   <!-- Prevents your damage from appearing -->
            <healing>false</healing> <!-- Prevents your healing from appearing -->
            <items>false</items>     <!-- Prevents your "Jim used an item. Jim gains the effect of Reraise." messages from appearing -->
            <melee>false</melee>     <!-- Prevents your melee ("white") damage from appearing -->
            <misses>false</misses>   <!-- Prevents your misses from appearing -->
            <ranged>false</ranged>   <!-- Prevents your ranged damage from appearing -->
            <readies>false</readies> <!-- Prevents your "Jim readies ____" messages from appearing -->
            <target>true</target>    <!-- true = SHOW all actions where I am the target. -->
            <uses>false</uses>       <!-- Prevents your "Jim uses an item." messages from appearing -->
        </me>
        <party>
        <!-- He's targeting a party member -->
            <casting>false</casting> <!-- Prevents your "Jim begins casting ____" messages from appearing -->
            <items>true</items>     <!-- Prevents your "Jim used an item. Jim gains the effect of Reraise." messages from appearing -->
            <melee>true</melee>     <!-- Prevents your melee ("white") damage from appearing -->
            <misses>true</misses>   <!-- Prevents your misses from appearing -->
            <readies>false</readies> <!-- Prevents your "Jim readies ____" messages from appearing -->
            <target>false</target>   <!-- true = SHOW all actions where I am the target. -->
            <uses>false</uses>       <!-- Prevents your "Jim uses an item." messages from appearing -->
        </party>
        <alliance>
        <!-- He's targeting an alliance member -->
            <items>true</items>     <!-- Prevents your "Jim used an item. Jim gains the effect of Reraise." messages from appearing -->
            <melee>true</melee>     <!-- Prevents your melee ("white") damage from appearing -->
            <misses>true</misses>   <!-- Prevents your misses from appearing -->
            <target>false</target>   <!-- true = SHOW all actions where I am the target. -->
        </alliance>
        <others>
        <!-- He's targeting some guy nearby -->
            <all>true</all>         <!-- Prevents all of your messages from appearing -->
            <items>false</items>     <!-- Prevents your "Jim used an item. Jim gains the effect of Reraise." messages from appearing -->
            <melee>false</melee>     <!-- Prevents your melee ("white") damage from appearing -->
        </others>

and things like:

" <!-- He's targeting some guy nearby -->"

Who is the "He" in this instance?

also:
Code
       <monsters>
        <!-- He's targeting himself or another monster -->
            <me>
            <!-- He's targeting you! -->
            </me>

Would the healing here imply that the monster is healing me? o_O
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-08-11 14:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
<others>
<!-- He's targeting some guy nearby -->
<casting>false</casting>
<!-- Prevents your "Jim begins casting ____" messages from appearing -->
In this case, he is referring to the person "others", people who are not in your party/ally. Going back to what I first posted, the outer tag is the actor and the inner tag is the action. In this example, should you run into me in, let's say Port Jeuno, and we're not in party, setting this to TRUE will prevent my Speedyjim begins casting messages to appear.

Quote:
Would the healing here imply that the monster is healing me? o_O
If the monster is the actor, then the inner tag is the target and the tag beyond that is the action. In this case, no, the monster isn't healing you. You're the PLD, fighting AA-EV and she's targeting you. Setting the healing tag to TRUE will prevent you from seeing her Benediction/Curing messages.

If I'm wrong (and I believe that I am not), let somebody here correct me. I hope this clears it up even more for you.
 Sylph.Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2014-08-11 16:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to play with it some.

But if outer is actor and inner is target wouldn't that mean the Monster is Acting on Me the Target with a Heal?

Or is this so I don't see unclaimed monsters doing stuff?

end when I see stuff like this:

<!-- true = SHOW all actions where I am the target. -->

I get a little confused... since I assumed "true" always hid stuff.

I love the addon, but the filters are such a *** to decipher.
 Cerberus.Kuzy
Server: Cerberus
user: Juzy
By Cerberus.Kuzy 2014-09-07 02:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If only setting up battlemod was as simple as normal FFXI filters >_>

I have been working on my sheet to match my ffxi filters for over a week now. I almost have what i want. I will post my sheet when I am finished as well as how it performs.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-07 04:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kuzy said: »
If only setting up battlemod was as simple as normal FFXI filters >_>

I have been working on my sheet to match my ffxi filters for over a week now. I almost have what i want. I will post my sheet when I am finished as well as how it performs.

It's really easy.....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Subadai
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-11-19 23:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Having trouble filtering out other people's messages (those not in my party or alliance). Under global/others, every filter is set to true, but I still see messages. Ditto for monsters, under global/monsters/others, all filters are true, but I still see monsters hitting, using TP moves, and countering other people and their trusts. I tried this both with the default filters xml and by copying to filters-NIN.xml (while on my NIN) and reloading BM, but it still doesn't work. (I did see BM indicating it loaded the NIN filters, so I know the file is named right, in the right location, etc.) Any suggestions? Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2458 days between previous and next post]
By Onimaru 2021-08-13 11:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The filters either don't work or they didn't know how to explain them.