2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Getting ready for Uptala and Morta fights
Getting ready for Uptala and Morta fights
By Ehleni 2014-07-26 15:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey!

I see there's a few threads about this already and I have been reading some about VW.

Like most of you know, VW is pretty dead now but there is still a few Uptala and Morta runs at least on Odin. I've currently started 95 Harp stage and I would like to start collecting HMPs, BUT I have only finished Sandy, Windy and Bastok VWs and recently started Jeuno.

I got a tip from another player that you don't need to get all the wins up to Morta and Uptala, you can participate and get drops either way but you will only get drops half of the fights.

He recommended me to get at least 6 stones and after that I should be good to join the fights. But the problems is no one is doing the lower stages any more. Is it possible to solo any of the stones? I got BST and solo'd some other NMs before.

Is it possible to join the fight even though I only got 3 stones?

I got WHM and Ghorn, 3 song bard so finding a spot in a Uptala and Morta group should be easy.

Appreciate the help!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-07-26 16:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible to join the fight with 3 stones, but it'd be extremely rude to expect the group to wait while you replenish stones, so you're most likely only going to be getting drops for 3 out of every 6 fights you participate in. You'll still be allowed to participate without a stone, so they don't even have to know if you don't want them to.

I would highly recommend getting the stones done, WHM and a single DD should be able to clear all of the required NMs, especially if you use weakeners.
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2014-07-26 16:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I also would also like to suggest doing a T5 Jeuno, any will do, and the CoP Penguin in Uleguerand Range. Those 2 KIs will raise the hard cap on your Red Lights by 25% each. That will help with drops a little. But those Stone KI NMs are very very important. Its very improper VW etiquette to leave and restone midfight. I mean would you want someone to do that to you and make you sit there and wait?

PS They can be low maned and Displacers help greatly, just don't use 5 on them or it make them so squishy you can't get white 100%.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-26 16:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Call for help. With only bst you will have a real hard time to get enough white light.

Your problem isnt uncommon, lots of players can join to help if you at least try shouting.

Blm and brd can deal with lots of procs. When i did for mules, my setup was nin brd blm, and was getting the white all the fights in first try, and most EV proc.

Remember to use /fume if nothing is procing.

Also remember to buy the periapt to read weakness.
By Ehleni 2014-07-26 16:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies :)

I would never leave a group before the whole event was done. I agree it would be very rude. It would be fine to just be able to use 3 stones and fight the other 3 in order to finish the run but of course getting the stones would be the best option :D

So in order to get the stones I just need get a low man group and kill the following NMs and get 100% white light?

1x Jeuno Stage I VNM
1x Tsui-Goab
1x Vanasarvik

And I don't need any pre-reqs in order to fight these NMs?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-26 17:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

White light is the actual % for ki to drop. If you can get 1% white, you will have 1% chance for it to drop.

Dont need progress to get ki iirc, but someone need to have progress in jeuno to be able to initiate the fight. The other 2 are first stage so you just need to get ki from npc to initiate them.
By Ehleni 2014-07-26 17:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

All right!

Thank you both for the info. I will try and get a group as soon as my shift ends :)