2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » updated sets
updated sets
First Page 2
By Ravenn42 2014-07-14 12:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new spells out we have been taking a Rdm with us on a lot more delve 2 runs. My RDM is geared up to Abyssea but now i am being asked to bring it up 2 date since my shell is full of DD and don't want to MAGE.

is there a updated set someone can give me for delve 2 and the use of the new spells? And what Enfeebles work well against theses NM now?

Thanks
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-07-15 07:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

been looking around myself trying to modernize rdm. I ended up just comparing the 119 af/relic reforges and making a list of useful pieces.

Between idle sets, Macc, nukes, enfeeb, cure potency, enhancing....

Tamaxchi + aug'd genbu shield
119 AF head/body/legs/hands
119 relic head/body/feet
5/5 empy +2
empy cape
some sort of 119 staff that rdm can equip (AATT staff, Kamir Delve staff, Skirmish staff?)
mephitis grip
Macc/MAB earrings
int/mnd/Macc rings
belt/neck/ammo?

Some things i'm not sure on whats better, like at what point the 10% enfeeb potency on empy body gets eclipsed by stat vomit on 119 gear. I'm certainly no authority on rdm, but this is what i came up with browsing the available sets. I admit to being mostly ignorant of skimish gear and don't know if/where any of it fits in, probably nuking sets more than anything but i don't know for sure. If anyone wants to add to or prune this list that would be great.
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-07-16 07:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just 2 sets, on nuke :

ItemSet 318139

Its a perfect set for delve if you come /SCH.
With that, you can manage add, nuke them with no mp problem (cf : seidr cotehardie)
But against boss, you will need to adjust some gear to swap to more macc if you wanna drop aura (yes RDM can do it)

On enfee :

ItemSet 326092

Just another mix between INT & MND, but HUGE enfee skill and macc, so not a problem to land silence on Hakawai, and land some nasty Para II on any of them.

Have fun
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-18 08:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I use hybrid sets for everything on RDM, and finally found a set I'm happy with for cures atm:

ItemSet 325705

+50% Cure potency,
-82% Casting time(with RDM base trait of 30% Fast Cast)
-50 Enmity(with merits)
+14% Haste
+444 Healing Magic(with merits)

Tamaxchi has -10 Enmity on it.

It's even still subject to more improvement as is, since the Hagondes Cuffs +1 in the set don't rely on any augments, if I got some good Fast Cast/-Enmity augments on it, I could possibly replace the Orunmila's Torque or the Cytherea Pearl with more Healing Magic.

If I was ballsy enough I could try to get 5 Healing magic on the Zenith Pumps +1 as well, but the +4% Cure potency and -8% Cure casting time I have on it atm is rare enough, I probably won't, lol.

All this is possibly subject to change ince 119 Empyrean is released, but for now I think it's a really solid hybrid cure set for RDM.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-07-20 11:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Appears to be the most potent Cure set as of now:

ItemSet 326298

Can cap cure potency with appropriate augments with the Gendewitha pieces, need 15% between the two. 463 Healing Magic, 266 MND, 173 VIT as Taru subbing WHM. Cure IVs do 922 assuming neutral weather/day and no buffs. Trepidity Mantle is a slightly better option than Altruistic Cape on Darksdays.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-20 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally use this....

ItemSet 326120

Feet have +4 potency on, so 15 + 8 + 13 + 5 +10 = 51%

I have a rather nice skill bonus but I wonder if the bonus from skill outweighs the MND and VIT options available.

As it stands my RDM is cure3 for 477 and Cure 4 for 870+ so I'm happy with this.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-07-22 21:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For the most part I have fairly optimized sets on my account if you want to check them out. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to PM me. I'm still updating quite a few of them due to having been busy the last month or so, but most of the sets are up to date outside of a couple pieces like the DW Belt or Ele Rings which just came out.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-07-23 07:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For a buff like Haste, that has a static potency, should i be casting under compsure with 5/5 empy +2 (195% duration with empy back) or is there enough enhancing duration + gear to make a set that comes close so you don't have to deal with the long recast timers that composure brings? Or is it not worth it regardless because recast timers under composure are just that bad?
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-07-23 07:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You should use composure, try /SCH light art up if you have to buff ppl.

But is you use a precast (with fastcast cap) and then a full empy for haste (so compo up), you will have to wait less than 10s to recast haste II on someone.

But fot that you need GS or spellcast, yep ...
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-07-23 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
For a buff like Haste, that has a static potency, should i be casting under compsure with 5/5 empy +2 (195% duration with empy back) or is there enough enhancing duration + gear to make a set that comes close so you don't have to deal with the long recast timers that composure brings? Or is it not worth it regardless because recast timers under composure are just that bad?

ItemSet 308540

For static potency this is the set you want.
[+]
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-07-24 07:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Odin.Shaggnix said: »

ItemSet 308540

For static potency this is the set you want.

No spellcast so..... so utilize empy set bonus and use composure sans gloves, and stack up the fast cast. thanks!
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-07-25 04:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

mmm you should use the all set of empy if you want to apply composure to haste on other player.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-25 06:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a few of the sets im using right now. Could use some tweaking i'm sure. I think other RDM's have posted great sets so this is just more to chew on.

ItemSet 325303

Cure potency/speed on boots. Keeps a strong amount of Fast Cast,-Casting time,-enmity,etc. Fairly balanced set if not using pre-cast.

ItemSet 326057

Sabateur usage only. This is what I use for Distract II or Slow II. Body,Hands, and boots are the most important here, this should boost Distract potency to -108 evasion. Boots augmented with INT. Macc on legs/staff.

ItemSet 326483

Not for every spell but these are the basic pieces. You want to aim for 500 skill first when casting Temper,Gain,Enspells,Phalanx,Barspells. Other important pieces are Empyrean legs for refresh II. Emphatikos rope is a very underated piece it makes Aquaveil ridiculously long lasting. Atrophy gloves for all self buffs not needing 500 skill and Fast Cast where you can fit it in.

If you use GS/SC just make a FastCast precast like Psylo said for each spell.

ItemSet 325482

Tabard is just a stand-in for Karmesin vest which drops off the new Gessho fight.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-25 06:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
mmm you should use the all set of empy if you want to apply composure to haste on other player

Not sure if you're arguing against using AF+1 hands over Emperyean hands, but AF+1 is better even when buffing another player with Composure, by about 2% duration.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-07-25 06:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
â– Set: Augments "Composure"
â– Enhances duration of Enhancing Magic cast on OTHERS while under the effect of Composure by 10% for the first 2 pieces, 20% for 3 pieces, 35% for 4 pieces and 50% for all 5 pieces. The "Increases enhancing magic effect duration" of the Estoqueur's Cape (+10%), Estoqueur's Houseaux +1 (+10%) and Estoqueur's Houseaux +2 (+20%) is multiplicative to this total, for a maximum boost of +95%.

Will do some test tonight to see.

But dunno if it's work on a ascension like phalanxga for duration (of course), cause when i phalanxga, its under full enhancing so not a lot of empy gear.

In case of some ppl interest, i can post my gearswap files, but its just an adjust of motenten with my gear.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-07-25 06:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gloves would fall under the same term as the cape/feet additional bonus, while dropping the composure bonus to 35% instead of 50%.

=1.35(Composure)*1.46(cape+feet+AF hands) = 1.971.

So about 2% above the old 95%.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-25 06:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste is 180 seconds. Full 5/5 Emp is 50% Duration, 4/5 Emp is 35% duration. This is multiplied by general purpose +duration from emp back +10%, emp feet, +20% and 119 AF hands +16%.

180 * 1.3 * 1.5 = 351s (full 5/5 Emp with Emp back piece)
180 * 1.46 * 1.35 = 353s (4/5 Emp with Emp back piece and 119 hands)

Finally the bonus duration from emp doesn't apply to yourself.

180 * 1.46 * 3.0 = 786s

This makes it not worthwhile to even carry the Emp +2 hands.

:Edit:
Forgot the 119 was +16 and the 109 is +15.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-07-25 07:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably best to have group haste and self haste on separate macros even if you use the atrophy hands for both.

Also if you dont carry the emp+2 gloves you're missing out on 20% duration/potency of your Sabateur debuffs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-26 07:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also if you dont carry the emp+2 gloves you're missing out on 20% duration/potency of your Sabateur debuffs.

Which is nerfed on anything you'd want them on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-07-31 16:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking into diversifying my RDM nuking sets, T1/T2/T3/T4. I have a halfway decent set atm, but I'm trying to make it better,)I also use for it all nukes atm until I figure out exactly when the stats change) I'm trying to find out at what point Magic Damage overtakes MAB on T1/2 nukes, and vice versa.

I am curious because on some slots we do have a nice amount of magic damage but also with augments on things like Hagondes +1 set and Artsieq gear we aren't really lacking on MAB. ANd i know there is a turning point on tiers where one becomes better than the other. I would like to know generally when that happens on T1/T2/T3/T4 individually.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-08-01 17:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

On RDM, atm I nuke my Tier 2 spells in Artsieq Cap with +7 INT & +20 MAB augment. I finally grabbed a Buremete Hat and tested the 2 of them while doing Hurkan last night. Artsieq Cap with the augment was doing 2404 Stone II unresisted to Hurkan with my current gear, when i swapped to Buremte Hat with no augments I was doing 2385. The difference between the two is +35 Magic Damage vs +2 INT/+20 MAB. Considering how much Magic Damage is on the Buremte Hat and it still came out a little under the Artsieq Cap I'm kind of up in there air atm whether to get the +8 INT augment or the +4 Magic Damage augment, based on the numbers I saw my gut is leaning towards the +8 INT augment, but trying to get some verification before I choose. Is there anyone that knows mathematically which augment would be better on ilvl targets?

Also those numbers were before gain int. +25 int boosted that by another 220ish damage
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-08-02 03:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
Here's a few of the sets im using right now. Could use some tweaking i'm sure. I think other RDM's have posted great sets so this is just more to chew on.

ItemSet 325303

Cure potency/speed on boots. Keeps a strong amount of Fast Cast,-Casting time,-enmity,etc. Fairly balanced set if not using pre-cast.

ItemSet 326057

Sabateur usage only. This is what I use for Distract II or Slow II. Body,Hands, and boots are the most important here, this should boost Distract potency to -108 evasion. Boots augmented with INT. Macc on legs/staff.

ItemSet 326483

Not for every spell but these are the basic pieces. You want to aim for 500 skill first when casting Temper,Gain,Enspells,Phalanx,Barspells. Other important pieces are Empyrean legs for refresh II. Emphatikos rope is a very underated piece it makes Aquaveil ridiculously long lasting. Atrophy gloves for all self buffs not needing 500 skill and Fast Cast where you can fit it in.

If you use GS/SC just make a FastCast precast like Psylo said for each spell.

ItemSet 325482

Tabard is just a stand-in for Karmesin vest which drops off the new Gessho fight.

rdm isnt on the beneficus
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-08-02 05:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

bahah yeah that's not supposed to be there, wasn't when I posted these. Not sure when that happened.

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quote:

Which is nerfed on anything you'd want them on.

Are you trying to say NM's aren't worth enfeebling because its slightly scaled back? Even with that landing Distract II is pretty much the same as giving everyone attacking Blade Madrigal and Archer's Prelude and that's before Sabateur.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-09-11 02:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna try to made a little adjust on my nuke resisted set (just for Delve boss, to drop aura) with news items.

So, tell me if i'm wrong, but i'm focusing on MAX INT.

ItemSet 328258

As mithra RDM/SCH, INT merit + gaint INT + food, in this set, i would fly around 330 INT.

Any advice or modification ?

Just for info, classic nuke set for low tier :

ItemSet 318139

and high Tier (with new items)

ItemSet 328259
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2014-09-13 08:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

this is what I use for self-cures, love it for soloing as it caps out cure potency and cure potency received:

ItemSet 328322

the head and body are augmented with cure potency. As you can see, I don't need any cure potency in the weapon slot. Can throw anything you want in the feet/ammo slot and 2nd earring. Probably fast cast/haste.

For melee: don't forget that we are on the aetosaur gear. We can get up to an incredible +50 STP (though i wouldn't go that high as some pieces aren't ideal for maximizing damage output) in just gear alone to get an x-hit build. A 0 to 1000 TP in 11 hits on swords are easily doable with still maximizing things like multi attack gear. Can do in 10 hits as well.... but would have to sacrifice a lot, like having to use tactical mantle or sweordfaetels+1. Or even using Ocachi Gorget instead of Asperity Necklace.... really not worth it IMHO.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-09-18 13:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

With the recent post in the WHM, I decided to go over my RDM cure set and update it with WoE gear as well.

ItemSet 328494

This is a rough Draft atm, but acerbic sash +1 fills out RDM very well actually, since -enmity is not as plentiful on RDM as it is on WHM. But I was still able to squeeze this into one set still. It really sucks RDM can't use Item Not Found!. Zenith Pumps +1 fill the slot kind of decently even though they aren't item level since they have +4% Cure potency and -8% Cure casting Time augmented on them.

End up with:
+50% Cure potency
-81% Cure cast time
-50 Enmity
442 Healing magic

Assuming you have 8/8 Healing Magic, 5/5 -Enmity, and this accounts for RDM 30% base Fast Cast trait as well.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-09-22 05:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a tojil stun set for red Mage? That has the fast cast and magic accuracy? Thanks
 Shiva.Kenshinn
Server: Shiva
user: turtle59
By Shiva.Kenshinn 2014-09-23 09:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

By turtle59 2014-09-23 09:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post a good stun and enfeeble set for a rdm just starting out. Have no delve wins and not enough or right jobs to do the high t fights with merits to do on d and vd. So I am kinda limited on gear. Looking to use it with a few friends and start to get some of the old 3 delve wins.
 Asura.Eyedea
user: HelloSon
By Asura.Eyedea 2014-09-26 04:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lehbrailg+2 is augmented with M.Acc+24.
Artsieq Hose/Boots are B path.

ItemSet 328743

Sword has FC+4, Hagondes has FC+2
Set comes to Haste+25%, FC+50%, Quickcast+9%

ItemSet 328741

Magic Accuracy set for Distract, Blind, Gravity etc.

ItemSet 328742

MND heavy set for Slow/Paralyze.
Feet have MND+8 and total comes to MND+184

ItemSet 328744

Cure set with max potency and casting time as priority.
Genbu's Shield augmented M.Acc+5, Potency+4% and Cast time-4%
First Page 2