Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Returning player with some questions
Returning player with some questions
 Bismarck.Hirotic
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-06-25 22:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello I've been gone from around when SoA had been released and I saw all this 109 artifact and relic gear now the question.
1 is that the upgraded bodies af has "enhances" reward which I assume is the old body getting rid of para/poison etc but the relic doesn't have that so does it get rid of all status ailments now?
2 I acquired bst af2+2 gloves the upgrade says it gives +2 to call beast is it the same thing or will it basically be a +1 from the +2 gloves

thanks in advance
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-25 22:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic reforged body does have "Augments Reward effect III" on it, same as Artifact.

I don't think it gets rid of all status effects, but gets rid of all effects that you can get rid of with -na spells (except doom I believe).

As for the gloves, the "Call Beast +2" effect means that your pet will always be at the level of your weapon. If you didn't use relic gloves at all when you use "Call Beast," then your pet will be between -2 levels to your weapon level. With relic gloves/+1/+2, it will be between -1 levels to your weapon level. With reforged ilvl 109-119, it will be at your weapon level.
 Bismarck.Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-06-25 22:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well I don't know if im just confused or ya because the af1 body says enhances and augments while artifact just says augments

and I just wanted to see if it was worth upgrading the hands if I don't the cap on say falcor will be 99+ whatever beast affinity merits I have I assume while the hands will almost always cap him?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-26 07:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Artifact Body ilvl 109-119 also gives Reward +20/22% HP recovered.

Relic Body doesn't.

But if you are at the Reward +% cap anyway (without body), Artifact body = Relic Body when it comes to Reward.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-06-27 07:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thanks for responding think I am finally starting to understand again lol

but a few more questions as I don't have relic/empy/mythic for beast are the 115 axe's with OAT augment the best thing I have for farming atm or should I strive to get 119 items?

also is the jse axe from oboro any good or not worth the effort atm?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-27 07:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

eminent axe is really easy to get. Just takes a few sparks to get it.

Arktoi and anahera tabar are your best options for both master and pet (outside of Mythic). Both are also easy to get too, but if BST is your only job, then level another job that would be useful to people (WHM would be the quickest for usability, BRD would be the fastest and most desired).
 Bismarck.Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-06-27 07:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

well I mostly use bst to farm and was reading up the duo aren't bad basicly for fodder anything that would be harder I would try n go mnk which im currently lvling run sj and have a apoc drk bard I get just <.< don't wana drop the gil 2 get emp and relic both 99 whm is used just I cant play that job find it so boring lol and I do appreciate a good whm when I find them that's for sure I might lvl cor or pld but then again issue of pld needing both shields.

but thanks for responding this has been very very helpful
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-27 08:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of BST friendly axes at the 119 level.

Additionally, not all pets will be at the 119 level with a 119 mainhand axe, even with Ankusa Gloves - keeping in mind you have to have a fully merited Beast Affinity anyways. Pre-adoulin pets like Faithful Falcorr are an example of this, though pets such as AttentiveIbuki will come out at the same ilvl weapon in your main hand with the Ankusa gloves and merited Beast Affinity.

Also, if you don't have access to the 119 axes just yet, the 115 versions that come from WKR reives are excellent substitutes, which can also be augmented.

An easy, and very useful pair of easy access axes at the 117 level are Eminent, and Homestead axes.

Arktoi and Anahera are great when you need -enmity on the master, but Izizoeksi is going to be better over-all because of the Pet: Damage taken -5%, Pet: Haste +2%, and Pet: Enmity+7 for situations that require pet pdt/mdt where evasion fails.

Of course, this is really just assuming you plan to go full tilt with BST.
 Bismarck.Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-06-27 08:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

im not sure yet if I wana go full tilt I was a bandwagon beast for farming purposes and I do enjoy the job I don't let pets die and want to acquire multiple gear sets so I can attempt anything I might think of

atm I am currently using the 2 115 axes with oat and crit hit+

the only issue is im trying to save all my sparks to get the papers I need to upgrade artifact/relic I looked up those two and they aren't bad

is arktoi worth the investment is there a axe that's upgradable from skirmish? I think that's right not sure

otherwise its just a matter of time till I can aquire the axe's lol at least the 119 ones
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-27 08:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hirotic said: »
is arktoi worth the investment is there a axe that's upgradable from skirmish?
In my opinion, Arktoi is worth it.

Others will disagree, but so be it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-27 09:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Faizzeer comes from Skirmish 1, and can be upgraded with a Translurry from Skirmish 2, and again with a Transmelurge from Skirmish 3. Not really worth the time or investment in all honesty.

If you are going to invest in a primary 119 axe, Arktoi is more than worth it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-27 09:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, while the Skirmish axe can be upgraded to 119 and augmented, it has no pet benefits. Arktoi is BST specific, gives you an enmity reduction, and gives your pet ATK+20 and "Double Attack"+3%.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-06-27 09:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Bismarck.Hirotic said: »
is arktoi worth the investment is there a axe that's upgradable from skirmish?
In my opinion, Arktoi is worth it. Others will disagree, but so be it.

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Faizzeer comes from Skirmish 1, and can be upgraded with a Translurry from Skirmish 2, and again with a Transmelurge from Skirmish 3. Not really worth the time or investment in all honesty. If you are going to invest in a primary 119 axe, Arktoi is more than worth it.

Thanks for the advice. I'll start working on getting one. I have both 115s, and Kere 119 from Bee. But after seeing this, I'll work on getting this axe as well for a different build.
 Bismarck.Hirotic
By Bismarck.Hirotic 2014-06-27 12:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the replies guys this info has helped a ton that's for sure ^^