users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Skillchain
Skillchain
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-03 00:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good evening everyone. How are things going with you on Samurai. I'm still learning the job and the skills. I'm currently in the process of skillling up Polearm then Archery. I'm trying to find out what weapon skill with a Great Katana works with Tachi: Shoha as a opening or closing. I'm trying to self skill with that move. It's late here so I will say thank you in Advance.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-03 01:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi: Kasha > Tachi: Shoha for light. Open and close.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-03 11:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Bloodrose

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 09:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

if you like post all the ws that samurai has to can make level 3 chains, so I can fully have it memorized. I thank you for your time.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 09:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gekko <> Rana = Dark
Fudo <> Fudo = Light

Basically all you need to know for self chaining to exploit mob mechanics, there are more intricate ones you can use in very very niche situations, but you're generally better off just spamming your best WS and letting the chips fall where they may. In extreme situations, you can increase damage by a decent amount by skillchaining with party members, but it takes a ton of practice to actually increase damage that way. Your timing must be dead on or you lose DPS very quickly.
 Phoenix.Rikudosennin
By Phoenix.Rikudosennin 2014-06-08 11:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to get the Kogarasumaru when I am a Captain rank. Fudo Fudo nice I will start working on unlocking Fudo asap
By BlaTheTaru 2014-06-08 11:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo can make double light as well. Fudo>> Fudo>> light>> fudo>> light.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-08 11:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BlaTheTaru said: »
Fudo can make double light as well. Fudo>> Fudo>> light>> fudo>> light.

Kasha > Shoha > light > Fudo > light. But 3 Fudo's isn't double light.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-06-08 11:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Rana > fudo darkness
[+]
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-06-08 12:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Rikudosennin said: »
I'll have to get the Kogarasumaru when I am a Captain rank. Fudo Fudo nice I will start working on unlocking Fudo asap
Love this... "Oh mythic is nice, ya mythic, I'll go pick one up I think." :) on a side night, self skillchains aren't really possible in a good dd group if you have that much time that other dds aren't weaponskilling something is wrong. I have however seen good use of Shoha with shijin spiral, will often make light. But fudo and victory smite is a better combo. I would focus on memorizing would works well in certain dd groups. However for solo play since in solo play accuracy should never be an issue I would recommend fudo fudo since it does nice damage normally and can carry around one weapon skill set.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-06-12 01:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

one great way to learn skillchains, at least in my opinion is to learn the properties.

light or darkness can make an additional light or darkness skillchain once (for a maximum of 2 level3 skillchains).

fragmentation <=> fusion = light
gravitation <=> distortion = darkness

fragmentation > distortion = distortion
distortion > fustion = fustion
fustion > gravitation = gravitation
gravitation > fragmentation = fragmentation

since shoha is fragmentation, kasha is fusion, rana gravitation, and fudo light/distortion, that means that sam can go around the wheel

rana > shoha (fragmentation) > kasha (light) > fudo (light) is a strong 4 step skillchain. each additional step in the skillchain also increases the multiplier on the skillchain damage. I haven't really tried it for a while, but my best was a 7 step rolled light skillchain that closed with a 2500 fudo and 6k light against campaign mobs with a 90 masamune during voidwatch era. Given the crazy amounts of stp, saveTP, and buffs available now, I'm sure there's some even stronger skillchains out there now.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.