users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Job Choice
Job Choice
 Sylph.Tearsofblood
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Tearsofblood 2014-05-30 16:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well finally playing FFXIV. Got Monk Leveled trying to pick my next job. Character i am a Miqo'te/seeker of the sun. Sins i did monk that is close range DD so i am thinking ether distance damaged, Archer/Thaumaturge or do i go for something else.

I know this is tough to answer but any input of your class and experiences would be excellent.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-05-30 16:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bard: Easy to play with macros, not limited by movement, decent burst damage, support abilities that are quite useful and sometimes mandatory, raid parties usually include at least 1 bard

Black mage: Basic rotation (will seem mindless after playing monk), hindered by fights with lots of movement (still very viable but requires good familiarity with the flow of battle), big epeen numbers, good burst capability (both single target and aoe), popular for speed runs, SE has stated changes for BLM are coming in future patches presumably to make the class more mobile

Summoner (don't forget this one!): Capable of very high sustained damage (both single and multi target), can sustain damage while moving, burst damage isn't very bursty, requires proper management of the pet (manual use of its abilities and don't let it die!), leveling arcanist gives you access to scholar as well in case you want to try that out

As long as you're a good player you should be able to choose whichever class appeals to you the most and be able to contribute effectively to a group.