New Jug Pets and HQ Pets
 Asura.Velderin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-05-07 15:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

New Pet Jugs (5/7/2014)

Sorry to have kept you all waiting for pet jugs, but since we wanted to adjust pet jobs in large strokes we have been focusing on addressing the accuracy issues of pets by introducing new food. For the pet and master food this time, we have taken into consideration that pets cannot receive song effects so the effects on pets are quite large. We plan on continuing to add pet jugs in the future, but in the July update we first want to add HQ versions of jugs such as the Swirling Broth. With these you should be able to reach level 119 for pets even without the merit Beast Affinity.
First, please look forward to the food that will be coming in the May update.

This was taken from the FFXI Facebook Group and I suppose from the FFXI Official Forums.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-07 15:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Velderin said: »
New Pet Jugs (5/7/2014)

Sorry to have kept you all waiting for pet jugs, but since we wanted to adjust pet jobs in large strokes we have been focusing on addressing the accuracy issues of pets by introducing new food. For the pet and master food this time, we have taken into consideration that pets cannot receive song effects so the effects on pets are quite large. We plan on continuing to add pet jugs in the future, but in the July update we first want to add HQ versions of jugs such as the Swirling Broth. With these you should be able to reach level 119 for pets even without the merit Beast Affinity.
First, please look forward to the food that will be coming in the May update.

This was taken from the FFXI Facebook Group and I suppose from the FFXI Official Forums.

Nice, I'm interested to see how this plays out. On the down side, instead of paying 200k a stack for Ibuki, we'll get to pay 500k a stack for HQ (maybe a lot more). :o
[+]
 Asura.Velderin
user: JunkyFX
By Asura.Velderin 2014-05-12 16:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Camate
Community Rep
Greetings,
In addition to the new food items that are coming in the May version update that will boost stats for both master and pet, we are planning to make further adjustments for beastmaster moving forward. One of these adjustments will take place in the June version update and we will be adding an HQ version of Swirling Broth. With this adjustment, even if you do not have equipment with Beast Affinity, you will be able to achieve a pet level of 119 with Droopy Dortwin.
The May version update takes place this week, so be sure to try out the new food and let us know your feedback!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-13 07:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed this little gem in the upcoming June version update notes:

Quote:
Addition of high-quality items for "Salubrious Broth", "Fizzy Broth", "Spicy Broth", "Shimmering Broth", and "Swirling Broth."
Addition of pets for the above items

I'll be curious to see how HQ Ibuki parses.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-13 07:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming 5 million gil stacks of jug pets....
By Pantafernando 2014-06-13 07:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How are those pets? Completely beat faithfull falcorr?
How are the expectations for hq jugs?

Just recently leveled bst and smn, so wondering what of those would be decent options with new gear for stuffs like adl, pw and odin ii.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-06-13 07:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Incoming 5 million gil stacks of jug pets....

Yeah, I've been looking for a reason to push Cooking past 100... This might just have done it.
 Asura.Razorbeast
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-13 19:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Call me when they add real dd pets and stop removing beneficial/damaging/non-game-breaking monster abilities from our jug species. This will change nada imo; just a few quick gil for cooks like myself. i suppose it is time to exploit the "new" thing on the market on Monday "Shrugs"
 Asura.Razorbeast
user: barkley1
By Asura.Razorbeast 2014-06-13 19:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
How are those pets? Completely beat faithfull falcorr?
How are the expectations for hq jugs?

Just recently leveled bst and smn, so wondering what of those would be decent options with new gear for stuffs like adl, pw and odin ii.

Ibuki (The pink birdie) has -50% slashing damage resistance iirc, and all of the newer jugs cap higher than falcorr. Yea, Ibuki is better from my experience. The rabbit is a decent dd, nothing special, but the rest are pretty crappy.
[+]