Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-05-03 01:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Donquichot said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
There's an LS already that does this kind of stuff - called MinionLS I believe.

You mean the one that couldn't clear AA on easy with a full alliance, 12 of those being pet jobs? No offense to their group intended, but you'll need a better example.

Yeah we got trouble still on Easy Divine Might II. Mostly is because lack of experience of some of the members. This is mostly because noone was willing to take em along on these fights unless they paid for it. With that said Minions is a work in progress still and we are growing. With the help of the pet community i hope we will get better at all the more difficult content. Most important thing is us having fun on the jobs we like. Sunday we had a blast killing Legion Hall of Mul bosses 2x with 11 people.

This pet food update should help alot. For me personal its great if rng puppet was able to hit on content larger than normal. Problem still arises for us that the rng pets get 1-2 shotted. PLD pet can hold its own fine though, but is severely lacking in acc. I just hope this food update will give us alot of new fun stuff to try!

PS. character name is Onionknight on Shiva if you want to join.

I look forward to hearing about what you guys manage to clear. If I was on Shiva I'd be all over that. It'd give me a good excuse to get my pimp out my BST again.
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2014-05-03 02:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo all the AAs on Beastmaster, though I prefer TT on sch cuz it's easier. I can do E and VE. If I can solo them individually, I'm quite certain 12-18 bsts could do it in divine might. It would simply come down to positioning. (haul individual AAs into the warp-in room, have 1-2 bsts hold the other ones. (away from each other, exception being TT obviously)

With snarl after one weaponskill they won't turn to face you again as long as you keep snarling. The bsts holding the individual AAs could possibly fight them if they kept in communication with the other holders. (TT warping around would be something to keep an eye on)

Pets on one side, BSTs on the other, ride the snarl timer.

If TT is too much to hold the other 4 down in the main room while your main killing group is murdering AA#1, you could have the holders pull the other non-TT AAs up the stairs and fight them in the halls, spaced away from each other.

Edit: Also, on some AAs you can get behind them and melee at about 4'. This will keep you out of the damage range of some weaponskills. (Arrogance Incarnate is a big one).

I also don't get why people bash on a hybrid pet/master set, as I rock 26% haste/pet haste, still get good enough accuracy with food to chop down the angels. If the pet food gives ACC my sets just going to get stronger. :P
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-05-03 02:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It is currently impossible for a BST to compete with other DPS in high-level group settings, because the pet gets left way behind. Pet/master food will not solve this issue, but it may lessen the gap.
Quote:
Beast pets already have an over-abundance of att/acc/da enhancing gear as it is
Most pet gear for BST is either macro'd in for Pet TP move or used while not engaged. When tackling worthwhile content, pet gear does very little to increase our dps.
Quote:
a new food that applies to pets and masters is not going to change people's opinions.
Pet jobs not being favorable in groups has little to do with opinions. If a job is good for x event, people will figure it out and use it.
Quote:
In group settings, you're still going to have the major issue of songs/rolls/mage buffs not affecting pets.
Agreed, a large gap between normal DPS and pet jobs will likely remain because of this.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-03 08:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »
It is currently impossible for a BST to compete with other DPS in high-level group settings, because the pet gets left way behind. Pet/master food will not solve this issue, but it may lessen the gap.
Quote:
Beast pets already have an over-abundance of att/acc/da enhancing gear as it is
Most pet gear for BST is either macro'd in for Pet TP move or used while not engaged. When tackling worthwhile content, pet gear does very little to increase our dps.
Quote:
a new food that applies to pets and masters is not going to change people's opinions.
Pet jobs not being favorable in groups has little to do with opinions. If a job is good for x event, people will figure it out and use it.
Quote:
In group settings, you're still going to have the major issue of songs/rolls/mage buffs not affecting pets.
Agreed, a large gap between normal DPS and pet jobs will likely remain because of this.
I don't know what shitty little pets your using, but as already explained by Prothescar, the Tulfaire pet does amazingly well, and with proper hybrid pet/master gear, it comes out already at 115-119 depending on access to main hand weapon. And considering it has some potentially potent attacks, it's going to rip apart the AA's on anything at it's level or lower. The myriad of gear available, particularly from AF/Relic 109/119 is a HUGE boost to it's accuracy and attack as it is, as well as haste.

People with pet jobs (yes, I am one of those pet job players) seem to be rather ignorant of the mechanics behind their job. If you can't figure out how to remain competitive with Ruinator, or be bothered to keep up gear wise, then yes, other DD are going to jump ahead by leaps and bounds.
 Siren.Attaxia
Server: Siren
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2014-05-03 09:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but as already explained by Prothescar, the Tulfaire pet does amazingly well,
Prothescar's post details the defensive capability the Tulfaire pet and a setting where 2/3 BSTs can tackle some high end content using it's defensive prowess. Nothing I have said conflicts with what he has said, so I'm not sure why you have decided to bring that up.

I can assure you that no pet will do "amazingly well" in terms of DPS on high-end content - not even close (except for possibly the duration of unleash with run wild active).
Quote:
The myriad of gear available, particularly from AF/Relic 109/119 is a HUGE boost to it's accuracy and attack as it is, as well as haste
Yes, and by using that equipment it you suppress master damage, which on high-end content is the worst thing you could possibly do for your overall dps.
Quote:
People with pet jobs (yes, I am one of those pet job players) seem to be rather ignorant of the mechanics behind their job.
lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-03 09:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Attaxia said: »
Quote:
but as already explained by Prothescar, the Tulfaire pet does amazingly well,
Prothescar's post details the defensive capability the Tulfaire pet and a setting where 2/3 BSTs can tackle some high end content using it's defensive prowess. Nothing I have said conflicts with what he has said, so I'm not sure why you have decided to bring that up.

I can assure you that no pet will do "amazingly well" in terms of DPS on high-end content - not even close.
Quote:
The myriad of gear available, particularly from AF/Relic 109/119 is a HUGE boost to it's accuracy and attack as it is, as well as haste
Yes, and by using that equipment it you suppress master damage, which on high-end content is the worst thing you could possibly do for your overall dps.
Quote:
People with pet jobs (yes, I am one of those pet job players) seem to be rather ignorant of the mechanics behind their job.
lol
Again, you have shown yourself to be very ignorant in the ways of beastmaster mechanics. I didn't highlight Prothescar's defensive line in his post, but the fact that they can deal damage with little to no issues, is what high lights damage potential of pets + master.

You've also intentionally began taking bits and pieces out of my post, and out of context. The mechanics behind BST, which you seem so aptly ignorant of, is to share DPS between master and pet. But then again, most of the 109/119 AF/Relic armor works well for both master and pet. It's a give and take. If you're only focusing on master dps, instead of the combined DPS of master and pet, you're obviously failing the concept of the mechanics.

The enhancement aspects for your pet from the Ankusa, or example, is only a marginal loss for the master, if you know which pieces to utilize properly, while being an incrementally better boon to the pet's acc and attack.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-05-03 09:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

@bloodrose

So you are a bst but do not think the food idea is needed?
You also think that Ankusa gear is good for the master? The gear has no acc no attack no double attack or any stats other than Haste. The gear is 100 percent for the pet IMHO. Have you personally tried to solo AA? If you do anything above VE the master will have a hard time even hitting the angels. And while you can do high lvl AA in a group you need TOP notch players and a COR. And it still is not as effective as other set ups.

NO jug will survive on megaboss delve. I would welcome this new idea so it can open up some more low man BST fun.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-03 09:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
@bloodrose

So you are a bst but do not think the food idea is needed?
You also think that Ankusa gear is good for the master? The gear has no acc no attack no double attack or any stats other than Haste. The gear is 100 percent for the pet IMHO. Have you personally tried to solo AA? If you do anything above VE the master will have a hard time even hitting the angels. And while you can do high lvl AA in a group you need TOP notch players and a COR. And it still is not as effective as other set ups.

NO jug will survive on megaboss delve. I would welcome this new idea so it can open up some more low man BST fun.

I used Ankusa as a single example of using gear properly - so thanks for pulling something out of your ***, that was never said.

Secondly, had you read some of my initial posts, I suggested doing what they did for DRG - adding a feature to equipment that shares food the master uses - otherwise you're doing nothing but wasting money, even in low man situations for fun.

There are enough pieces of gear to optimize pet acc/att, while balancing acc/att/DA etc. for the master as well, but let's go ahead and ignore that fact, and focus on pure and utter ***.
By Ravenn42 2014-05-03 09:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You said in post that most AF and Relic work well for both pet and master.... And they don't

The main issue is that jugs suck on high end and people won't bring a bst for those reasons. I would not be against a body piece or whatever that did what your saying as well. I am not going to complain that they are giving another boost to pets either.

You can continue to be complete D bag if you want though. Raging and being rude in your posts are not going to make people agree with you.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-03 10:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a note: The Report Button is there if you feel someone is being Abusive.

However to address the issues on this thread.

@ Bloodrose, your suggestion of using gear that shares your food effects although a good idea, is flawed, suppose you have accuracy from a BRD and COR focusing on alliance buffs (standard) and you are an Misc DD, your pet will have accuracy issues, but suppose you don't.

Would you use Sushi to enhance your pet, or use Meat to enhance yourself?

Allowing the use of Pet specific Food that increases the following:

• Acc
    HP
    Attack
    Stat Bonus
    **Possible Magic Haste Buff from Food?**

There's various options available and I personally would like to use meat on myself, and an accuracy / haste bonus on my pet.

Further more, if you have a suggestion for good Hybrid sets that provide good Master Stats and Pet stats, feel free to share, as your earlier comment of Using AF and Relic seems a little vague and as you saw, created flamatory posts.

To end the unhelpful posts, posting a set would not only strengthen your argument but would also help to stop the de-railing of this Thread.

I have never seen a BST compete with any DD on Delve NM's nor have I seen one compete well against Properly geared DD's on AA's that said, how many Serious BSTS gear Properly for that level of content on Cerberus.

**Edit**
Further more, the argument that it's just another gil sync seems a tad "out there" as I seriously doubt people have issues with making gil so severe that they can't spend the 20k (Projected food price) it might costs for pet food, unless your pet dies due to your low level gear or the high end content that destroys your pet.

The option to not use said food is always there.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2014-05-03 10:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bad Conagh.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-05-03 12:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

• Acc
    HP
    Attack
    Stat Bonus

There's various options available and I personally would like to use meat on myself, and an accuracy / haste bonus on my pet.

If I'm not mistaken the way I read SE's post was that there is 1 food and it enhances both pet and master, not a seperate food solely for master. Probably won't be able to switch up the acc / att food like you were saying, my guess is it will be same focused buffs for both pet/master.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-03 13:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel said: »

• Acc
    HP
    Attack
    Stat Bonus

If I'm not mistaken the way I read SE's post was that there is 1 food and it enhances both pet and master, not a seperate food solely for master. Probably won't be able to switch up the acc / att food like you were saying, my guess is it will be same focused buffs for both pet/master.

There isn't any reason food couldn't have different effects for pet/player. Sorta like eating pizza and throwing the dog the crust.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-03 13:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

• Acc
    HP
    Attack
    Stat Bonus

There isn't any reason food couldn't have different effects for pet/player. Sorta like eating pizza and throwing the dog the crust.

Correct however SE and their ability to convey what they mean in English has always been severely lacking.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-05-03 13:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

• Acc
    HP
    Attack
    Stat Bonus

Correct however SE and their ability to convey what they mean in English has always been severely lacking.

When I look at the Japanese text it looks to me like its 1 food that effects both player and pet. The way it's worded makes it seem like food effects that are on the player just carry over to the pet. Almost exactly how drg's body piece does to the dragon. Instead of implementing a new ability to do that for pup/bst/smn/ (geo?), they just made some new food.

But don't take me up on that, my Japanese is pretty limited. I can always ask an ex- gf to translate it better lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-03 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a note: The Report Button is there if you feel someone is being Abusive.

However to address the issues on this thread.

@ Bloodrose, your suggestion of using gear that shares your food effects although a good idea, is flawed, suppose you have accuracy from a BRD and COR focusing on alliance buffs (standard) and you are an Misc DD, your pet will have accuracy issues, but suppose you don't.

Would you use Sushi to enhance your pet, or use Meat to enhance yourself?

• Acc
    HP
    Attack
    Stat Bonus

Further more, if you have a suggestion for good Hybrid sets that provide good Master Stats and Pet stats, feel free to share, as your earlier comment of Using AF and Relic seems a little vague and as you saw, created flamatory posts.

To end the unhelpful posts, posting a set would not only strengthen your argument but would also help to stop the de-railing of this Thread.

I have never seen a BST compete with any DD on Delve NM's nor have I seen one compete well against Properly geared DD's on AA's that said, how many Serious BSTS gear Properly for that level of content on Cerberus.

**Edit**
Further more, the argument that it's just another gil sync seems a tad "out there" as I seriously doubt people have issues with making gil so severe that they can't spend the 20k (Projected food price) it might costs for pet food, unless your pet dies due to your low level gear or the high end content that destroys your pet.

The option to not use said food is always there.
The bolded part is a great point. Granted, there are pet rolls and such, but would be moot in the grand scheme of an alliance of DD that don't use pets.

The argument was for pet use in high level content though, which is where the argument will stay for sake of posterity.

You are correct that the idea I posited has it's flaws. The very same flaws that Dragoons and wyverns have had at all times.
 Bahamut.Mrscoot
Server: Bahamut
user: Mrscoot
By Bahamut.Mrscoot 2014-05-26 09:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

whats the list on the shared food for us and pets?