First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-02 06:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems unlikely that PLD will ever be welcomed in Job Point parties, if they exist, so what do you guys think is the best way to solo JPs?

Currently I'm pulling about 25k/hr on PLD/SAM with Ragnarok. I'm considering switching to PLD/WAR because /SAM only pushes me from a 7 to a 6-hit and I could definitely use a little more attack on Resolution. Torcleaver is actually doing about as well as Resolution for me at the moment.

Should I just be pulling out Sabebeus and rounding up hoards of monsters to Aeolian Edge to death?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-05-02 07:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Think marjami mega pulls likely your best bet
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-02 08:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Blah... my PLD is getting half the CP/hr of my BRD or DNC just melee killing. It's miserable!
 Bahamut.Gorion
Server: Bahamut
user: Gorion
By Bahamut.Gorion 2014-05-02 08:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

try pld/nin dualwield swords? chant or requiesqat?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-02 08:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Excal (119)/Bura and again got about 20k/hr. My DNC and BRD pull 20-23k/hr in the same camp when the double campaign isn't on. <_<
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-05-02 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Gorion said: »
try pld/nin dualwield swords? chant or requiesqat?
For DW, DNC is gonna be better for DoT.

Would have thought AE burn would be the most efficient way though, never tried it myself mind.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [270 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Ticu
Server: Sylph
user: ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-01-27 13:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I can get about a job point per two pulls in Sih gates doing PLD/THF AE burn. When I use capacity ring I get about 3/4th of a JP in one pull.
 Lakshmi.Nightsage
user: Nightsage
By Lakshmi.Nightsage 2015-01-28 08:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticu said: »
I can get about a job point per two pulls in Sih gates doing PLD/THF AE burn. When I use capacity ring I get about 3/4th of a JP in one pull.

What mobs and what does your AE set look like
 Sylph.Ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-01-28 08:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't built a AE set yet, just use my normal -DT gear because of the large group of IT mobs pulled. For trusts I use Kupipi, Koru-Moru, and Ferrious Coffin.

I go to the area with bats and those weird looking spiders, either the room with respite cloak NM, or the one on the opposite side of the map. Just pull the whole room and sentinel up if you are taking too much damage before the mobs line up with your shield next to a wall.

I'd post my gear if I knew how to do that in ffxiah, I'll look that up later.
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-01-28 08:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticu said: »
I haven't built a AE set yet, just use my normal -DT gear because of the large group of IT mobs pulled. For trusts I use Kupipi, Koru-Moru, and Ferrious Coffin.

I go to the area with bats and those weird looking spiders, either the room with respite cloak NM, or the one on the opposite side of the map. Just pull the whole room and sentinel up if you are taking too much damage before the mobs line up with your shield next to a wall.

I'd post my gear if I knew how to do that in ffxiah, I'll look that up later.
You create an itemset and it will have an ID, then you post the ID in the itemset tags so:
Code
[itemset]123456[/itemset]
 Sylph.Ticu
By Sylph.Ticu 2015-01-28 08:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332848
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-03-07 19:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

For Burtgang owners I think am3 up circle blade is nearly as effective
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-03-08 12:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose it's up to the individual, but Ticu's sih gates spot seems to take too long to kill the mobs, plus having to watch for your whm pulling hate off you early on. Marjami so easy and fast..just overcamped so hard to find it uncamped, or get stepped on by someone else.
By Ramyrez 2015-03-08 13:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to farm JP as a paladin, or any other "non-optimal" job:

"Friends"
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-03-08 13:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much. I've always just JP'd on PLD in CP parties with either pick ups or LS members just like any other job. Especially now with Acro gear, PLD can hold its own. Been self SCing with CDC and killing Woh Gates worms/rabbits in just a few seconds.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-08 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you actually using circle blade spam? Cause that would really explain a lot. It's terrible. Absolutely terrible, as a cleaving tool.

The aim of an effective PLD cleave, is to have all the mobs more or less drop dead at the same time. PLD cleave is based, as I'm sure you know, on shield mastery TP gain. When mobs start dying piecemeal, you get reduced TP gain and slower WS speed. And then the remaining mobs take forever to die.

Circle blade exacerbates this issue. Physical dmg varies, quite a bit. You could miss entirely, roll high or low on pDIF, or multi hit. AM3 just makes it that much worse.

And to top it all off, Circle Blade dmg just sucks. No matter how well you gear it, it sucks. So it takes A LOT of ws to kill anything. So you feed mobs a ton of TP, and things start to get... interesting. In the chinese proverb sense of the word.

If you're going to cleave, gear up Aoelian, and use it. It's hands down the best PLD cleave tool atm. Go /RDM for the +24 MAB, Aquaveil and SS. If possible, bring someone with /SCH to give you windstorm. And if that WHM has GEO, I'd suggest a job change and some Acumen/Focus(Malaise is powerful, but has certain practical application issues.)

If you go all out, you can get some pretty nice numbers.

Mind you, that's with Idris Acumen/Malaise and a really good AE set.
[+]
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-03-08 22:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I discovered ae was way better than I had thought, guess I never tried post ws update >.<. Now I'm not seeing numbers like your ss Martel, but yeah it's owning circle,lol.

*and now I want to improve my AE set../sigh
like I'm not carrying enough.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-08 22:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it the case that you only get exp for the first 8 mobs you kill, when killing simultaneously? Surprising also that Aeolian does so well considering bats are wind based no? Would have thought they'd resist it often.

I might try this on the Acuexes in Dho Gates but with Cataclysm since they're weak to dark. Just round up 4-5 acuex with pdt/def gear and Cataclysm 'em. Omniscience as SCH was doing a solid 7-8k to them, I'd imagine Cata would do more since it has a higher dmg potential, though maybe not unless i gear for MAB yorium...sigh. Maybe i'll just stick to 119club/oat sword and judgement/relmrazer skeletons.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-08 23:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
Isn't it the case that you only get exp for the first 8 mobs you kill, when killing simultaneously? Surprising also that Aeolian does so well considering bats are wind based no? Would have thought they'd resist it often.

I might try this on the Acuexes in Dho Gates but with Cataclysm since they're weak to dark. Just round up 4-5 acuex with pdt/def gear and Cataclysm 'em. Omniscience as SCH was doing a solid 7-8k to them, I'd imagine Cata would do more since it has a higher dmg potential, though maybe not unless i gear for MAB yorium...sigh. Maybe i'll just stick to 119club/oat sword and judgement/relmrazer skeletons.

That's why you pull in blocks of 8, unless you have a split in the camps and you can pull 15+ on both sides, reasoning more mobs, more tp, more WS - repops on one side while you kill on the other side, so speed wise there's 0 difference in per mob, as you kill faster and no down time, plus more mobs - more sparks - more tp again.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-08 23:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an Abyssea mechanic. And while I'm not getting log msgs for every mob that dies, I'm def getting credit. I was getting over a JP per pull earlier. Double CP <3.

I've never noticed Bats being particularly wind resistant. Just dropping a wind crystal doesn't mean they're gonna have high enough resistance to matter.

Now Umbrils... They're not even actually strong to wind or anything, but they resist more often than I'd like.

Ehhh. PLD cleaving doesn't work so great without a shield. Just AE them. Even if Acuexes aren't weak to wind, it still works fine. Acuexes are pretty obnoxious targets though. Best not let them use any TP moves. Or go pick a different target. The most important thing is just finding a camp with enough mobs in high density. Preferably with enough mobs, or another nearby camp, so that you can alternate pulls.

Really, SE just needs to let us unlock uriel blade already... Now that would be some good cleaving.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-08 23:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh some campaign WS would be cool to unlock through job points. Uriel blade for pld, that circle blade+fudo animation for rdm, the freezebite terror one for drk, the 4 hit GK one for sam. Drg gets oppressive embrace, which looks like a simple damage+silence--would be lame(volant angon doesnt count cuz its a JA not a TP move, noted by a lack of a WS sound or yellow lines). There's an aoe gun ws that's like a shotgun rain, would be nice to have aoe on rng/cor. Napalm axe would be cool. Idk, they'd have to rebalance em all to make them all roughly good. But yeah uriel for pld would be dope.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Linkan
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-03-13 12:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Any specific camps you guys recommend for AE cleave? I've been going to Dho Gates when its empty (Pugils and Efts) but I feel like I could probably find something better in Woh gates.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-13 13:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Acuex and Slugs probably in map 1 or acuex and leeches in map2. Or crab/pugils since their tp moves are harmless.
 Asura.Linkan
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2015-03-13 13:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm I've tried acuex but their Poison move seems to increase in potency. I'll try crab pugil and leeches, thanks.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-03-15 08:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see your AE set Martel, see if I missed something other than Acro MAB set, cause not spending that many mills on it.

*also adding AE to the new guide wouldn't be a bad thing. Since cleaving is still a thing for PLD.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-15 09:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll make an AH itemset for my AE set, and make a list of some acro alternatives in a min.

Also, gonna assume the second half of that post wasn't to me. Seeing as I didn't write the guide. I probably could write a pretty good cleave guide, though. God knows I've done enough of it. <,<;
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-15 09:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so.
ItemSet 333947
Moonshade -> Novio earring at 3k TP.
Gavialis on valid latent days.
Aug's would be MAB(up to +10) and wsdmg(+3 max.)

Issues... I can not, for the life of me, find current and accurate AE/magic ws dmg calcs. So to tell what 's better, I either get to guess, or actually go test it. Which is hard to do with gear you don't have. This is why body/legs aren't Acro. Cause I'm not actually certain if they'd be better or not. And Augmenting them, then finding out they're not would ... suck.

Oh, and why yorium head? Poor planning. Use acro. Not looking forward to getting +10 mab again on acro head.

Possible improvements. Shiva ring+1. Novio->Crematio for 3k TP. Augury Cuisses +1. And then maybe aug'd Acro body/legs.

Alternatives;

Dex aug'd Quiahuiz helm. Also makes a pretty good CDC helm. Or Gavialis
Vanir boots.
Ker's Gauntlets have +8 MAB, but I strongly suspect they'd be overwhelmed by the sheer dex/int on aug'd Buremte or umuthi.
Mes'yohi Slacks. No mab, but a LOT of INT. And some bonus MACC.
 Phoenix.Raistlinmaj
By Phoenix.Raistlinmaj 2015-03-20 23:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Concerning Crematio Earring, I was under the impression that +mdmg doesn't affect WS, could be wrong.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-20 23:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
Concerning Crematio Earring, I was under the impression that +mdmg doesn't affect WS, could be wrong.
This caused me a moment of doubt, because I assumed it did(like it does for Lunge even though it's a JA) but I never actually tested.

So I went and tested.

Target: Fluffy sheep(lvl 100)
3k TP Aeolian Edge
No related day/weather present.

With Dosis tathlum(+13 MDMG):4329
Without:4292

Certainly looks like it works. Not a huge difference though. I wonder if the 3 MAB ammo would be better than Dosis. I really want a up to date AE Formula...
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-03-21 03:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah +mdmg works for WSes, they however already have huge base mdmg makign MAB often more effective.
First Page 2