Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Anahera Blade vs Tsurumaru
Anahera Blade vs Tsurumaru
 Sylph.Xodia
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-05-01 04:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all new to sam and I have both these GKT just wondering if Anahera 3Hit+ws will beat tsuru in delve yorcia. Any sets you can post would also be appreciated thanks.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-05-01 11:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Without a COR:
You want to be looking at 49 STP for Tsurumaru, or 52 STP for Anahera Blade. (Assuming 16 TP on WS) When you can take advantage of Ionis, Tsurumaru's Save TP effect usually wins the day. Added to the fact that the accuracy really matters in this zone, I'd easily chose Tsuru over Anahera.

Something like this:
ItemSet 322236
is something that you're looking for while including a bloodrain+cibishavore for a total of 50STP. You can make gear replacements around this set as long as you hit 50STP. It is common for some to use Ganesha's Mala and Windbuffet belt with this set and make other arrangements with Saotome Domaru +1. If you use an Anahera blade, you'd need to add 2 more STP to this base set somewhere in place of accuracy.

Here is my node for reference.
[+]
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-05-01 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks keityan , also ya ive read your guide its really good, was just curious which gkt was best. greatly appreciated /bow.
[+]
 Asura.Gippali
Server: Asura
user: Gippali
By Asura.Gippali 2014-05-01 17:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xodia said: »
Thanks keityan , also ya ive read your guide its really good, was just curious which gkt was best. greatly appreciated /bow.

He will use all of them depending on the situation. Although I know he favors his glowy the most!
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-02 09:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Tsurumaru best under Ionis as well. I prefer Anahera Blade outside of Ionis for stuff like SKCNM D/VD, where you can keep your 4 hit more easily than Tsu... and it's easier to gear for higher acc than 4-hit JSE or Koga. Anahera also has a little bit more base weapon damage, which is always welcome.

Spreadsheeting it out I get Kogarasumaru by a pretty wide margin, in an ideal situation like alliance Tojil (heavy buffs, heavy debuffs).
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-02 10:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

koga also suffers the most when you deviate from spreadsheet perfect conditions, utilizing the other weapons for their respective strengths is key.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-05-02 11:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No, and Koga does still win the majority of the time in realistic
situations.

Yoichi having a slightly higher max potential DPS suffers far far more when you start losing buffs/debuffs. To the point where, unless you have a relatively exceptional group, Koga is still going to win on targets with no piercing bonus.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-05-02 13:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad it was helpful, I'm still working out a few kinks! In Ionis zones, I use both Kogarasumaru and Tsurumaru. I like to pair these two G.kat with combinations of Cibishavore, Yoichinoyumi and Hangaku-no-yumi. I will sometimes use Amano if I reach 4 hit in the situations that I use Tsuru.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-02 13:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
No, and Koga does still win the majority of the time in realistic
situations.

Yoichi having a slightly higher max potential DPS suffers far far more when you start losing buffs/debuffs. To the point where, unless you have a relatively exceptional group, Koga is still going to win on targets with no piercing bonus.

It's lead over other options drops significantly when you can't properly maintain AM3, either from lack of expertise or the nature of the content. The other options don't rely as heavily on aftermath, hence, Koga suffers more than they do, even if it still wins.
[+]
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-05-02 14:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Many players calculate Koga DPS spreadsheet incorrectly and frame the conditions to be too small. That being said, if all you're doing is making Set 1 to be Koga+AM vs Set2 to be Tsuru, you're doing it wrong, making Koga much stronger than it really is. In practice, you will not have aftermath full time and many times, you're going to have to reapply aftermath. The true DPS of Koga is by using the Combined Set function on the spreadsheet.

You need to make 2 identical sets for Set1 and Set2 and it can happen in two ways:
Perfect Aftermath maintenance:
Set1: Aftermath, Set Ratio: 156, Minimum TP WS: 100, Tachi:Fudo/Shoha
Set2: Aftermath, Set Ratio: 24, Minimum TP WS: 300, Tachi: Rana

Ghetto Aftermath maintenance:
Set1: Aftermath, Set Ratio: 180, Minimum TP WS: 100, Tachi:Fudo/Shoha
Set2: No Aftermath, Set Ratio: 24, Minimum TP WS: 300, Tachi: Rana

Now look at the combined DPS: That's the DPS of Koga in an ideal situation realistically. Remember this number.

Now, adjust the gear sets so that you're using the ideal hit build for your competitive G.kat. Now, vary the evasion, buff situations, rolls, songs, vary the hit builds between the two G.kat's and vary their gear so that they hit their respective hit builds in an ideal way (4 hit koga, 3 hit tsuru, 5 hit koga, 4 hit tsuru).

Now also consider that, the less you fight with AM up, the more the DPS will drop. Every second that you're walking to a mob is a decrease in DPS for Koga (ratio of Set#1 compared to Set #2 is decreasing), but does not affect other G.kats. Instead of 156 full seconds of attacking in aftermath, you might need to make it 140, 120, 100 even maybe. The more you walk, the greater Set 2 will be compared to Set1. This is really your DPS.

It's closer than you think. So close, that it all comes down to the player deciding when to use and not to use each G.kat. The peaks for Koga are great and I'll agree with Kenny that when the situations arise, it's the best. It would be disingenuous for me to label it the best G.kat without considering it's one greatest flaw. It's "one of" the best G.kats is still the most I'd give it.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-05-02 14:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of when Yoichi is applicable, or skirmish, I don't think any current content where you'd bring sam isn't mythic friendly.*
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-02 14:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably not, but not everyone has a myriad of well geared jobs, a lot of people just use what they have available.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-05-02 14:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
I don't think any current content where you'd bring sam isn't mythic friendly.

As friendly it may be, you're going to end up using Tsurumaru at the end of mobs if your aftermath falls before it dies granted if the HP is too low for you to justify building an aftermath.

Now I have to speak for other player's buff situation. In Delve 2, if you go without a COR, the best Koga hit build you will have on SAM is a 5 hit in a high accuracy set. On the otherhand, a higher accuracy set for Tsuru will be a 4 hit. (And it has +15 Accuracy on top of that). Depending how good your group is at pulling mobs, and how good your DPS are, it's not so easy to tell in these cases. It's easy to frame in our own buff situations, but we don't always frame the situations to others that need help with gear. This is why it is important to keep an open mind and not tunnel because circumstances determine everything, including what the gear is.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-05-03 14:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Asura.Ccl said: »
I don't think any current content where you'd bring sam isn't mythic friendly.

As friendly it may be, you're going to end up using Tsurumaru at the end of mobs if your aftermath falls before it dies granted if the HP is too low for you to justify building an aftermath.

Now I have to speak for other player's buff situation. In Delve 2, if you go without a COR, the best Koga hit build you will have on SAM is a 5 hit in a high accuracy set. On the otherhand, a higher accuracy set for Tsuru will be a 4 hit. (And it has +15 Accuracy on top of that). Depending how good your group is at pulling mobs, and how good your DPS are, it's not so easy to tell in these cases. It's easy to frame in our own buff situations, but we don't always frame the situations to others that need help with gear. This is why it is important to keep an open mind and not tunnel because circumstances determine everything, including what the gear is.
I'm just going to make an offhand comment that keiytan is one the most helpful players on here. Simply because of the last paragraph of this post. That is all you may continue. On this list also being byrth off the top of my head the best IMO.
[+]
 Sylph.Xodia
By Sylph.Xodia 2014-05-03 23:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

any1 have a fairly recent apex set? would be appreciated thanks.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-05-05 16:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I've been having trouble hitting with Apex on anything that matters. I've been using something similar to this:

ItemSet 322267

Jassik has one that is more aggressive. I haven't used much Apex recently other than in VWNM.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-05-05 16:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Quote:

I've been having trouble hitting with Apex on anything that matters. I've been using something similar to this:

ItemSet 322267

Jassik has one that is more aggressive. I haven't used much Apex recently other than in VWNM.

I'm also having issues with Apex on SAM and my set is similar, that said, I find the variance between Koga and Tsu to be very large on say ~ Delve Tier 6 bosses like Tojil for instance (Hardly ideal but meh)in terms of other content I don't know so much but I agree with the point about people miss calculating Koga DPS.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-05-05 16:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i had accuracy issues with that set on anything t3 or higher and basically everything in ceizak, I'd consider it a fodder set without songs or rolls.