Considering Returning.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Considering returning.
Considering returning.
 Leviathan.Slimmcognito
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Slimmcognito 2014-04-24 22:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played since late 2011 and I've been thinking about coming back. The only issue I have is I never got too much into abyssea and beyond, so I'm wondering if there were any LS's that still do that kind of stuff. (Bosses/abyssites ect). Otherwise I'm not exactly sure what ways there are to catch up if any.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-24 22:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes its worth it
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2014-04-25 00:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone who plays more than me should make a "Should you come back" F.A.Q and link people to it.
 Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Ebaydotcom 2014-04-25 01:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don't think it's worth going back, the community at this point is very small, and getting help on anything you may need would be more troublesome than it's worth. you may want to either look into wildstar, or FFXIV for a bigger community. Just anything but ESO.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-25 01:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Someone who plays more than me should make a "Should you come back" F.A.Q and link people to it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Draylo make this but... he's busy playing ffxi.

PS: Yes, it's worth it to come back. No more waiting for people anymore. Solo-friendly!
 Carbuncle.Jysthea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jysthea
By Carbuncle.Jysthea 2014-04-25 01:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you some how managed to break away, for the love of all things holy don't come back, save yourself.

Also, on a real note, no, it's pretty damn dead. Zero shouts these days, "literally". Unless you like trying to find 5 people and never do anything with anyone else, don't bother.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-04-25 03:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea was easy when Abyssea was current content. That being said, given the simplicity of obtaining something like an Eminent weapon, which would blow your current katana off the face of the planet, and the fact that you seem to have played NIN before leaving(can generally red-proc most things), Abyssea would be easily soloable by you within a few days going NIN/DNC with a fairly high red proc rate. If you're looking to farm the Emperyean gear, until May 8th, Kindred Crest/High Kindred Crest BCNMs will drop a Kupon redeemable for one set of seals to +1 a piece of your choice(Nearly every mob in the BC will drop one of these, unless they drop a different Kupon, but this seems by far the most likely). Combined with the Log-in campaign you could slowly collect some materials to +2(which BCNMs will also drop during the current event), or solo as NIN, THF, or a job you may have that can appropriately yellow proc.

In the future they are likely to allow us to upgrade emperyean armor further, but other than the few macro pieces there are, you wouldn't need to currently concern yourself with making any of this gear as a full set of eminent gear would run circles around anything Abyssea related and takes a small fraction of the effort to obtain. Exception of course is support jobs like BRD, WHM, SCH, etc who will have to carry around lower end gear for the rest of their lives.