Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Method to the madness
Method to the madness
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-15 13:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I just started farming in dynamis to finish my Ragnarok and get my Annihilator working after it. I find that out of the 34k coins, I only need 15 jadeshells.

I'm also am working towards my Conqueror and at about 39% done on Alexs for that.

Question is, since I will need essentially 10 marrows and 3 scorias (95 mil for all 3 of them) should I take the additional jadeshells I will earn while farming in COP dynamis and buy the marrows/scorias, use the extra gil from jadeshells and get my Conqueror done quicker, or focus on one weapon at a time (meaning that as soon as my Ragnarok is done, get it to 99 as quickly as possible, using the any gil earned from farming in dynamis to finish it and then start on the gun or finish the GA)?

What would your best idea be? I don't want to stop the Ragnarok relic quest and go straight to the gun, I rather get both to 99 eventually.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2014-04-15 14:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

As the game stands right now, finishing Anni 1st would be the best option, if you are trying to optimise time/effort. Unless you play with a group that already has more than 2-3 guns, you'll pretty much have a spot on anything new.

The Gun didn't become cool lately, it has always been the safety net for any new content until a better/faster strategy is found for melee, but Relics haven't always been as accessible to everyone as they are today. That being said as long as new content comes out the gun will always have it's use.

I don't use Ragna at all, I stick to Apoc on DRK (I honestly only use DRK for Delve: Yorcia) and still stay on top of the parse than when I use GS (This isn't a debate on which weapon is better, we know GS > Scythe for DD) but I sometimes die with the GS (So does everyone else in my group, which translates to being alive = top DD[this would apply to any DD, not just Apoc, but the later granting me such boon])

Without further derail, all of that was personal experience and doesn't applies to everyone/everything. In my opinion, which can be wrong I'd say Gun > Conqueror > Ragna!
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-04-15 14:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My 119 Rag collects dust so I am building the Gun almost done with stage 5 hate free stay out of AOE range is just win...
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-15 15:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The Ranger curse. Always first into the new fights. Then forgotten once people figure out a safe way to zerg it.

But you just clean the rifle and wait. They'll come crawling back.

They always do.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-15 15:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I kindof don't want to stop my Rag relic though.

Even if I never get it past a certain level, I still want it so when GS becomes hawt again, it wouldn't take me a long time to get it back to running.

I'm still going to finish the GS. I just wanted to know what is best to get done, since time-wise it seems to even itself out at the end.

Conqueror is always going to be my baby, my WAR is one of my best geared jobs I have. I just hate not being able to do anything with my WAR now that all the shouts demand RNGs...
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-15 16:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't want to stop then finish rag but someone did mention gun first.
By empx 2014-04-15 16:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You will probably end up discounting your shells to move them which over the course of 2 relics will add up to a fair amount. I suggest sitting on them until you see a desperate person shouting or look for people willing to trade. In the end, getting what you need in trade (if prices are comparable) is a much better deal than daily liquidation.

As to your question, make the weapon you want first. But don't go broke trying to buy currency you can farm on your own. Unless you can solo marrows/pluton/scoria it makes little sense to buy dynamis currency or alexandrites.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-15 16:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it looks like I should at least buy and use the first 5 marrows on the gun before GS.

It seems to me that I will be finishing the gun and the GA at the same time (according to my spreadsheet) though.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-15 16:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

empx said: »
As to your question, make the weapon you want first. But don't go broke trying to buy currency you can farm on your own. Unless you can solo marrows/pluton/scoria it makes little sense to buy dynamis currency or alexandrites.
Well, an idea was if I should speed up the relic or mythic, still continue to farm after they are done but use the entire amount towards the 99 items.

I already have 300 mythic upgrade iLvl items, I'm ~200/600 plutons atm too. I just need to get the 95 to 99 items really.