First Page 2
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2014-03-23 17:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Set up currently.
Sam/war sam/war mnk/nin whm/sch brd/sch sch/blm.

First nm.
gimick keep blind on.
Fairly simple dd zerg once blind is on aprox 2 to 3 min zerg.

2nd nm tree
Gimick force water tier 3 and tier 4 nuke to force animation to switch modes.
When change modes dd unleash damage whm need to be on toes hits like a mac truck during physical damage phase. Blinds also.
When physical damage caps reverts back to magic phase and wait for dds to get tp time your water 3 and 4 to force again. Follow strat till death.

Once you get the timing down very eay fight 2 to 3 min to kill.
3rd nm snapdragon mob.
Gimick unknown possibly magic and physical damage together lowers endrain damage

Whm needs to be on toes for na spells and cures standard fight 3 min kill.

4th nm mandy.
Gimic. Dispell regen stops amnesia Remo
ve.

Posion pots full time max acc sets sch nukes fire. Consider brd nitro 1 hr. 6 to 10 min kill
Also have holy water for doom

5th nm
gimick unconfirmed. When charm dd must stop feeding tp. Untill uncharmed then continue. Reported to tske 6 to 10 min to kill depending on charm frequency.

Megaboss.
Gimick ?

Reported to be a pretty easy fight with sams . Reports state aprox 6 min to kill. Does anyome else have some good info to save time or gimicks to improve time inside.
Thank you
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-03-23 17:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Something a lot of people fail to mention or overlook, yumcax does a lot of hate reset and it can get very messy if your support isn't top notch. Also aoe dispels.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-23 17:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Turn away from Charm on NM5 -
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-23 18:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

for Tier 2, anything that is direct water dmg seems to trigger the 2hr window. Water Shot works etc.

for Tier 4, i believe the dream flower is a hyper sleep and poison pots do not work.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 18:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anything specific about SAM or just slashing damage in general? I know ranged damage is nearly useless on the final boss. Unlike FS MNK, we actually have several high powered slashing DD jobs that opens up the selection a bit.
By Sieha1 2014-03-23 18:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There is alot of reports in there. This isnt grade school book reports. Thanks for the info but it seems a little shaky the fact that you didnt run this your self and only heard about it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 18:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Something a lot of people fail to mention or overlook, yumcax does a lot of hate reset and it can get very messy if your support isn't top notch. Also aoe dispels.
Which move hate resets? I haven't done Wopket yet, but I've never seen Yumcax use anything I could identify as a hate reset.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-23 19:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I don't think that works, does it? Sometimes the charm can just flat out miss/resist. We had a cor standing with his back turned and charm still hit him (and he was 100% not facing the mob). At any rate, the move is really fast, so I don't think that's a reliable strat for the majority of players :(
By Antisense 2014-03-23 19:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Uproot may be thought to cause a hate reset (source) but it wasn't all that clear to me given the heavy HP loss with follow-up Curaga spam. At least it's not as obvious as hate reset following Ironbeak's Frigid Shuffle or Ircinraq's Dream Flower.

Wopket also doesn't appear to Dispel as a TP move (Static Prison does) but I wasn't DD. it probably can cast Dispelga

Edit: some description of TP moves from wiki.ffo.jp:

Uproot (AoE): light elemental damage + hate reset
Uproot (self): removes status ailments
Canopierce (AoE): earth elemental damage + Rasp (18 HP/tick)
Potted Plant (AoE around target?): earth elemental damage + bind + slow
Root of the Problem (single target): absorbs TP and buffs (this would be the dispel TP move); lowers all attributes (STR, DEX, etc...), which can't be erased
Tiiimbeeer (AoE): earth elemental damage + doom + bind + plague + lowers all attributes
Firefly Fandango (AoE) - light elemental damage + paralysis + flash + MP max down
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-23 20:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Uproot is definetly some sort of hate reset. Was pretty obvious when we went in with rangers and a paladin.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-23 20:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Antisense said: »
Uproot may be thought to cause a hate reset (source) but it wasn't all that clear to me given the heavy HP loss with follow-up Curaga spam. At least it's not as obvious as hate reset following Ironbeak's Frigid Shuffle or Ircinraq's Dream Flower.

Wopket also doesn't appear to Dispel (Static Prison does) but I wasn't DD.
The irony of having a SS from your own LS referenced to you. XD

I don't really recall having hate issues on more recent Yumcax fights. But maybe I was just attributing any loss of hate to overzealous mage nuking. <,< And there's always the possibility of differences between WKR and delve versions.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-23 20:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
I don't think that works, does it? Sometimes the charm can just flat out miss/resist. We had a cor standing with his back turned and charm still hit him (and he was 100% not facing the mob). At any rate, the move is really fast, so I don't think that's a reliable strat for the majority of players :(

Its a Higher chance to miss, ofc not gauranteed.
 Phoenix.Keme
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-03-24 12:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

On T4 yorcia : we tried bardleepra and double Lux + Valiance and Pflug
we resisted like 90% of the dream flowers, reset hate was easier to control
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-24 13:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »

Its a Higher chance to miss, ofc not gauranteed.

Have doubts of this being true, resists probably came from boosted resistance of some sort (like runes, perhaps) That move is instant and unstunnable.

But by all means turn so you don't feed TP.

One thing to note is that you can stun that guy, charm move and fullbloom are instant so no good for stopping the charm/someone getting munched - but definitely worth bringing a sch/stun to stun the rest though (amnesia move happens a lot otherwise).
 Phoenix.Keme
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-03-24 13:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

All DDs fight on different side,
When someone get charmed brd or sch sleepga
and ALL the other DDs turn away, so no tp feed and wait until ppl get uncharmed.
so, this way, you don't let charmed ppl die and the nm to level up.
Which makes the NM a lot easier.
 Lakshmi.Aramaic
user: Aramaic
By Lakshmi.Aramaic 2014-03-27 19:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The biggest problem I know my group is having is getting Wopket's Aura effect off after 50%. MB'ing not working Cor Shots not working. Tried lots of different tactics with no success. Can also confirm Uproot is full hate reset that is a *** cause I was on run as pld and it full reset mine.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-27 20:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

We've had the same problem but wind magic does work. Aura seems to comes off after certain dmg threshold. I think a nuker works better for this since QD delay is high in comparison

For our winning run we had a smn cor and sch for aura and told them to do nothing but wind dmg when uproot starts happening. The whm just run in and curaga to keep DDs alive and also hate rest himself. brd supports whm in staying alive. That seems to work ok for us. Our sch did majority of the magic dmg (I think he said T1-2 were doing 1xxx, T5 did 3xxx), cor parsed 1.5k for the entire fight, though i'm not sure how good his QD set was. I think a mage do a lot better for aura though people have said wind shot proced it fine.
By Sieha1 2014-03-28 10:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So what exactly makes Sam a good tank in this? Mnk has so much more HP in case something hits really hard and likely would survive a charmed beat down. Is there piecing weak mobs that Sam's ability to use a bow is useful?

Trying to decide if I need to kick some mnks out for a sam or two of if the cookie cutter mnks will work.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-28 11:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's used mostly because the tree itself is weak to slashing dmg. afaik bow doesn't have much use in that zone.If dps isn't your problem then mnks probably do fine.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-03-28 11:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

1 SAM + 2 MNK per party works pretty well, that way the MNKs can keep up mantra for most of the fight/zone on important mobs making the HP differential a non issue. SAM just does significantly more damage than MNK in the zone (for reference, I only lost parse by .16% and I didn't engage the belladonna). It's pretty significant given that the zone is going to be a time crunch if your dds don't have proper acc sets for the mandragora and the belladonna ends up spamming charm.

As for aura- GEO and SCH MBing Aero3/4 has worked on every aura over 4 fights so far, just takes a few tries sometimes. As long as the SAM switches to fudo from shoha during aura then everything light SCs off each other
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-03-28 12:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just SAM that does well here, i go WAR and do pretty significant damage compared to MNKs, and on the boss with Conq AM3 and mighty strikes, nobody can really keep up with that. The advantage SAM has i think is the accuracy of 1 hit WSs for T4 and the boss (while flashed), though for T4 i've managed to cap accuracy during TP and average 1800 with ukko, though switching to bravura is generally more efficient for T4. This may be the same case for a DRK, they can do reasonably well with rag or another GS, and apoc for the T4 would likely be very good.
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-03-28 12:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
1 SAM + 2 MNK per party works pretty well, that way the MNKs can keep up mantra for most of the fight/zone on important mobs making the HP differential a non issue. SAM just does significantly more damage than MNK in the zone (for reference, I only lost parse by .16% and I didn't engage the belladonna). It's pretty significant given that the zone is going to be a time crunch if your dds don't have proper acc sets for the mandragora and the belladonna ends up spamming charm.

As for aura- GEO and SCH MBing Aero3/4 has worked on every aura over 4 fights so far, just takes a few tries sometimes. As long as the SAM switches to fudo from shoha during aura then everything light SCs off each other

thanks for the input.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-04-26 16:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sam/warx2 run/war or /blm x1, sch/blm , whm/rdm, brd/whm seems to work for lowman as well. not so bad taking auras down w/ rune fencer and helps w/ other gimmicks.
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-29 03:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We seem to have a problem with T2 Laevvid. I'm not sure I've fully understood his gimick.

So here's what I've understood so far, and please correct me :

Water nukes trigger PDT / MDT mode ?
Then it slowly caps until melee/ranged damage do 0 but he won't switch back to PDT mode on his own.

Next Water nuke will make him switch to PDT Mode.
Rangers/melee will do little damage but not 0, and go to 100%TP.

Then Next water nuke will make it switch back to MDT mode, then Rangers/melee unleash damage.

- It starts on PDT mode, so you have to nuke it with non-water element in order to heal him for over 1k with water, right ?

Does the ammount of HP healed over 1k with water nukes have an impact on the duration of MDT mode ? Or will it be the same to heal him for 1k or 6k ?

Our sch could easily heal for 1k with water 2, is it ok ? or T3-T4 is mandatory ?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-29 05:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

His PDT goes down if you heal him, he heal via Water magic attack. PDT is always high unless you heal him.

noted that if he's at 100% you will heal him for 0. so that wouldn't work. it might worth starting off with a fire spell or something to take down the hp a bit before doing a water spell.

The more you heal, the longer the PDT stays down.

Tree will spam leafstorm whilst PDT is low.

Sch/any magic caster you choose to bring in, will have to recast when melee shout or when it stop spamming leafstorm.

As I said, the more you heal him, the longer the PDT stays down, so your best bet is probably an Ebullience(&Focalization) water V. Any water magic will work, but the less you heal him for, the smaller the window

Leafstorm can hurt, baraera + ice rune is recommended!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-29 05:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This helps a lot. Thank you sir.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-29 05:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just spam water1 on my GEO constantly, and it makes for a 2-3 minute fight 9-12man. It ties up the GEO(I recast frailty but that's it besides water spam), but never had any problems killing it with that method.
 Bismarck.Nobunobu
Server: Bismarck
user: nobunobu
By Bismarck.Nobunobu 2014-04-30 23:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Boss's aura: it comes off by light SC and MBing with Wind (t3 to t5)? Also do mnks need to be /run for the boss?
 Ragnarok.Sharain
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-05-01 01:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nobunobu said: »
Question about Boss's aura: it comes off by light SC and MBing with Wind (t3 to t5)? Also do mnks need to be /run for the boss?
Sometimes, sometimes not. When I was getting my Yorcia clear, it seemed to take anywhere from 1-3 MBs with T4-T5 to drop the aura. Since I filter a lot on sch, I'm not sure when the smn was MB'ing with me. It's probably a set dmg threshold. We had sam, sam, mnk, and I think the mnk was /war.

Still need those MBs tho, unless you have a geo (maybe), since his magic evasion is very high when aura is up.
 Phoenix.Devdas
user: Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-05-01 02:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The boss aura is removed by a certain amount of wind damage done in a certain period of time. Obviously MB makes the wind nukes do more. We usually have a sch + rdm or sch + smn and they take off the aura pretty easily. Tell your nukers to go heavy on the M. acc or in the case of sch have the appropriate weather and all that up. /Run is not necessary at all and will most likely slow you down in the long run.
First Page 2