Best Place To Farm T. Whiteshells Or L.Jadeshells?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Best place to farm T. Whiteshells or L.Jadeshells?
Best place to farm T. Whiteshells or L.Jadeshells?
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2014-03-05 08:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm finally on Stage 5 of Gjallarhorn and now have to farm 10,000 T. Whiteshells. I'm working on Harp-- still on plates, and Mythic BRD dagger at the same time-- stuck on trying to kill off the ToAU Beastmen kings and of course, getting 50k Alexandrites.

What's the best place to farm them these days-- Dynamis-Windurst, Dynamis-Beaucedine, or Outlands Dynamis like Buburimu or Valkurm?

I haven't really kept up with this given the amount of times I've quit FFXI, came back, reactivated and getting back in the loop of things.

I'm usually DNC/THF and will try RDM/DNC next. I do not have BST, it's currently level 18, and I do not have any other pet job high enough to do it-- SMN is 32 and PUP is 25. THF is 64 so can't use that either.

Thank you for replying.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-05 09:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A dynamis dreamlands zone (bubu/valk/qufim/tavnazia) is still your best bet.

Even though only 1/3 of the currency you get from rotating through the mobs for JA is what you want, just sell the other unwanted types and buy more shells with the gil from the sales. Dyna-Windurst is not worth the terrible layout and camps to only see shells dropping.

Also just stick with Dnc/Thf for dynamis farming if you already have that leveled and geared, no other job really has it as easy when it comes to farming.

Be sure to invest in upgrading your gear to iLvl 119 wherever you can, it will save you alot of farming in the long run if you going to farm that much for a harp/horn/carn
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-03-05 09:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta on-topic; how many coins would a top-tier DNC/THF make in Valkurm? I make over 500 on THF/DNC and I don't think DNC can do that much, but I find the job more fun than THF so I'd like to be told otherwise.
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2014-03-05 09:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Sorta on-topic; how many coins would a top-tier DNC/THF make in Valkurm? I make over 500 on THF/DNC and I don't think DNC can do that much, but I find the job more fun than THF so I'd like to be told otherwise.
I was told something similar last year-- THF can farm more but DNC is more survivable, or something along those lines.

I believe someone else posted here a similar comment in the Bard sticky if I recall.

Also, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give the Dreamlands area a shot. I had a terrible time farming Dynamis-Sandy just to finish Stage 4 Horn. So, if Dreamlands does better, I'll try that instead.

And, I'm still working on getting my DNC gear to 109 Artifact and Relic. I have yet to try the new Skirmish to get the 119 gear. I reactivated and those just came out a week or two later. It's slow going since using Sparks/RoE to get my Chapters at the moment.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-05 09:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure if you dnc you work wild flourish into your JA stagger routine, I remember way back I only did step+flourish and it made my currency drop rate much worse because I was procing a bit slower.

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
I've never done over 400 singles except on rare occasion, that require me to be extremely lucky on staggers,and have no competition, and perfectly juggle tanking 3-5 monsters at once without much accidentally killing them unproc'd.
I don't factor in the rare 100piece I can get from the treant NM or if I want to burn my 1hr and solo fairy ring sometimes.

I usually get annoyed when things dont stagger and just decide to kill them (which is where THF probably wins out a bit with their TH trait when this happens).

I'm pretty content with half paying attention in dyna tavnazia getting 350+ and about 20+ forgotten hope/thoughts while I watch a movie these days. It was really the only way I stayed sane doing dyna everyday for 4months straight funding my last mythic.

Realistically speaking, someone with moderate gear and casual focus, and having some competition for monsters should be able to pull 300 singles + a bunch of forgottens at a minimum which is pretty decent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-03-05 09:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'd much prefer to do Tavnazia but that zone has been super packed lately. :/ Every time I check there's 3+ people in there.

Thanks for the input!
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-03-05 09:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i gamble in dynamis i go blu/thf to jeuno pull the zone a few times if no 100's i leave lol *** dynamis
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-05 09:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i'm rather frustrated about tav lately too since the cluster bomb gauntlet and leeches are my favorite. Running around in a circle for 2hours lol...