Pet Job Alliance Morimar Delve Attempt (Shiva)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Pet Job Alliance Morimar Delve Attempt (Shiva)
Pet Job Alliance Morimar Delve Attempt (Shiva)
First Page 2
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 15:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We're setting up for it now. Just about full. Will post results when it happens.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 16:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We're beading out Matamata and Kurma (b/c we had the beads on us) I don't foresee much problems until the Peiste. That might suck.

Here goes nothing! 10 SMN, 6 BST, 2 BRD
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-26 16:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD isn't a pet job...
By Heimdel 2014-01-26 16:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

cor might been better for pet rolls
[+]
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2014-01-26 16:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It is, when the bards are mules!
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 16:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

We got a COR (I mistook him for a BST b/c red gear)
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Raptor down in 9 minutes. Working on Eft now.
By Ophannus 2014-01-26 17:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan or Garuda probably own Peiste because I think they're extremely resistant/immune to petrify unless Gradual Petrify can't be resisted.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Eft is taking us out. One of the Bards pulled hate somehow, pulled it to where everyone was standing. Eft used Bindga and the Poison aura just screwed us up.

Eft at 30%, and Garuda Wind Blade doesn't do much.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a couple of screenshots anyhow. I'll post shortly.

The eft is making very quick work of BST jug pets. SMN has a bit more survivability due to being able to resummon quickly.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Eft down at the 5 Min. warning.

Something of note. Bard is NOT recommended for a Pet Job Delve alliance. The Bards were pulling hate simply by casting Ballad on the Summoners.

Also, Poison aura from Eft destroys BST jug pets. SMN fared far more better. Also, the Eft didn't seem to like Dark based BP very much. Fenrir and Diabolos were *** the Eft up
By Heimdel 2014-01-26 17:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

what jugs were the bst using? best dmg I've seen from new jugs is the head but from mandy. Did 24k dmg with it to adzaja spaming it with 1 hour. and even outside abby lot dmg. Of course the bird has def/mdef down. and boar has def down.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The BSTs were mostly using HeraldHenry or GooeyGerard. Both held up well vs. Raptor but wouldn't last long vs. Eft.

That poison aura was just destroying them so fast, we would Reward to get their HP back up, but the pets would be dead before Reward timer was back up. It was terribad.
By Heimdel 2014-01-26 17:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
The BSTs were mostly using HeraldHenry or GooeyGerard. Both held up well vs. Raptor but wouldn't last long vs. Eft.

That poison aura was just destroying them so fast, we would Reward to get their HP back up, but the pets would be dead before Reward timer was back up. It was terribad.

Hmm some the other jug pets migh tbeen better. Neither of those that good for dmg.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They were doing pretty good vs. Raptor. Dmg per hit ranged from 150 to crits of 300. The Eft on the other hand.....that was a mess.
By Anjou 2014-01-26 17:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Should try it with the new boar pet. He has a buff that gives him haste, mdef and pdef. He also has counter which adds to survivability. His haste + pet haste if you have it(I think current pet haste available through gear is 23%)should boost damage. Also falcor's fantod can proc on triple attack which can do pretty nice damage.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 17:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the BST was using the Raaz pet, and it was doing very well. But again, the Eft's Poison aura were killing our pets SO FAST that it made BST for the most part, irrelevant.
By Anjou 2014-01-26 18:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm if you have the monster gaiters +2 augmented and merits in pet regen, you could get 26 hp a tick after reward with pet food eta, so the poison is brought down to 74 hp a tick. Still a lot >.>. But using petfood eta(I've never used) I hear heals 2.5k+ which buys you 35 seconds(assuming 74hp a tick) of health before your pet is brought back to the hp it was before reward. You can reward every 48 seconds with merit and gear. If you bring some mulsums you may be able to keep your pet alive long enough to be effective. This doesn't factor in his other damage though xD. Just throwing out some ideas! I wish we could something like this in lakshmi :(.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-01-26 18:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont think killing 2 NMs in 45 min is very practical
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-01-26 18:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

there is also Pet Poultice regen food and dawn muslins
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 18:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see where a very well geared BST with Raaz or Tulfaire pet doing very well in a standard alliance. The key being "WELL GEARED" some of these BST didn't even have Monster Gloves +2 augmented.

@ Comeatmebro - It didn't help this was a PUG. If everyone was well geared and knew their ____ about the job, it probably would have gone much better.

However, this is how the Pet Job linkshells of old grew and learned. Trial & Error.
By Heimdel 2014-01-26 19:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if anything this is a proof of concept and show bst and smn could have a place in them now. Add to the the enfeebs and buffs smn and bst can do.
By Heimdel 2014-01-26 19:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see where a very well geared BST with Raaz or Tulfaire pet doing very well in a standard alliance. The key being "WELL GEARED" some of these BST didn't even have Monster Gloves +2 augmented.

@ Comeatmebro - It didn't help this was a PUG. If everyone was well geared and knew their ____ about the job, it probably would have gone much better.

However, this is how the Pet Job linkshells of old grew and learned. Trial & Error.

What ever happened to Monster Inc.?
By Pantafernando 2014-01-26 19:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »
Well if anything this is a proof of concept and show bst and smn could have a place in them now. Add to the the enfeebs and buffs smn and bst can do.

Sorry, but how this can prove bst/smn have a place?

Timing out with the 2 of easiest nms in delve, just show how they severely lack dmg, because they cant benifit most of buffs that allow players to beat delve.

I mean, its nice to have someone trying the update changes, but in this test, imo, pet users failed totally in that, its a prof you really shouldnt bring them.

But to be fair, your test is messed. How can bst even hope to win without using top jugs? Using 3k jugs?

You could have at least forced then to use new jugs or the old and good faithfull falcorr.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-01-26 19:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet alliance on Shiva and no PUPs? I am disappoint. :<
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 20:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What ever happened to Monster Inc.?

From what I understand they're on Bahamut (they were on Ramuh but merged) but as far as their current level of activity (or inactivity) I have no clue.

I was in LordsOfTheBeasts on Shiva back in the day.

@ Spathaian - There were 2 PUPs in the alliance. One (Lalandra) did very well. The other (won't name names) did horribly, probably due to not having a capped Automaton. But the Eft (again, the Eft) was making very quick work of the automatons.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-01-26 20:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Sorry, but how this can prove bst/smn have a place?

Timing out with the 2 of easiest nms in delve, just show how they severely lack dmg, because they cant benifit most of buffs that allow players to beat delve.

I mean, its nice to have someone trying the update changes, but in this test, imo, pet users failed totally in that, its a prof you really shouldnt bring them.

But to be fair, your test is messed. How can bst even hope to win without using top jugs? Using 3k jugs?

You could have at least forced then to use new jugs or the old and good faithfull falcorr.

Again, it's all trial & error. We mainly did this for fun. We did not take this very seriously. The fact we took down the Raptor in 8 minutes without really using "top tier" pets proves that it CAN be done. However, for the other NMs the strategy will need to be severely tweaked. First off, how to counter the Poison Aura from the Eft. 2, keeping the Eft silenced. As for the other NMs, I'll probably set up some alliances and practice on the popped versions out in the field and time the kill (or wipe).

You know, the "Normies" as we used to call them, used to tell us all sorts of crap, usually along the lines of "a full BST pt can't do ***lol" but then LoTB (LordsofTheBeasts) on Shiva proved everyone wrong when a group of 6 BST formed a CoP static and went from start to finish as an all BST party. This was BEFORE CoP missions were nerf'd to heck. So where there's a will, there's a way. The way just needs to be found.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-01-26 20:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, it's all trial & error. We mainly did this for fun. We did not take this very seriously. The fact we took down the Raptor in 8 minutes without really using "top tier" pets proves that it CAN be done. However, for the other NMs the strategy will need to be severely tweaked. First off, how to counter the Poison Aura from the Eft. 2, keeping the Eft silenced. As for the other NMs, I'll probably set up some alliances and practice on the popped versions out in the field and time the kill (or wipe).

A WHM, BRD, and DD can do the same in the same amount of time.
3 people, or even 1 person three boxxing can accomplish what you just did with 18 people in the same time and you are trying to prove what, exactly?

Props to you for trying something different, but it's pretty obvious it doesn't work very well at all.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-01-26 20:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Eft may be hard, best bet would be to kill it fast and as much as I'll support the pet community I'm not sure how well BSTs can pump out damage especially if they're having trouble keeping out their pets.

That said, I miss LoTB, there were a lot of good people in there and I miss some of the random stuff they invited me to back in the day. I wish ya some luck and hope this brings back a slightly more active pet job community.
First Page 2