Walk Of Echoes - Changed The Game A Bit?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Walk of Echoes - Changed the game a bit?
Walk of Echoes - Changed the game a bit?
By Ehleni 2014-01-18 08:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey!

I recently started equiping my NIN and I'm looking into the different WS and Katanas that you can obtain. But I'm kinda curious about Blade:Hi

You can now obtain Blade:Hi through WoE and use it with any weapon right?

With the new weapons getting released such as AA MR, Eminent katana and skirmish katana. Are those better to use with Blade:Hi than farming Kannagi to lvl 90? The DPS is way better on the new katanas.

I've also read some posts that Blade:Shun is far superior than Blade:Hi outside abby. Should I merit blade:shun and max it?

Last night when I merited I was a gimp nin with lvl 260 katana skill and I still managed to get Blade:Jins that went from 2500 to 3500. Is Blade:Hi overrated now? I've read values of Blade:Hi that reached 6000 damage so perhaps blade:hi is still useful?

What is the best way to go for a casual/semi-active player?
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2014-01-18 09:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt say shun is "far superior"... just is more constant, Hi is a Crit WS so is kind of random, but with the right gear and depending if the mob have some -Crit, Hi can be as good as shun.

Since you can practically get Hi for free, no reason to not have it, and getting shun 1/5 is "useful" you can just test it by your self and if you like it.. cap it
By Pantafernando 2014-01-18 09:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Blade hi and jin are crit based ws.
They can spike like they did.
Shun isnt. So its a more steady dmg.
Overal hi and shun should be the same outside abyssea, but inside atma of razed will make hi the best.
Also, if you use crit+ gear or moonshade earring with tp bonus, hi should be superior than shun.
By Ehleni 2014-01-18 14:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the great answer! :-)
By Ravenn42 2014-01-24 11:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 85 kannagi would it be easier to 90 it to unlock HI or just make a 99 woe weapon?

I Know for most 90 it is pretty simple answer but the path for kannagi is a little rougher as a solo guy myself. Just getting the mats is tedious and if you buy can be a little pricey.
 Bahamut.Catlord
Server: Bahamut
user: catlord
By Bahamut.Catlord 2014-01-24 11:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 10mill gil to spare the easiest is to get the -1 from the moogle chest, buy 30 coins, 100 die, 100 residue.. done.

Otherwise you have to weigh doing 40'ish Apademaks against doing 9 NM's multiple times. The NMs for WoE version can be done in 2 days. So ask yourself if you can get 75 horns in 2 days I suppose.

Edit: Closer to 8mill per weaponskill doing 30 coins, 100 die, 100 residue.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2014-01-24 11:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Catlord said: »
If you have 10mill gil to spare the easiest is to get the -1 from the moogle chest, buy 30 coins, 100 die, 100 residue.. done.

Otherwise you have to weigh doing 40'ish Apademaks against doing 9 NM's multiple times. The NMs for WoE version can be done in 2 days. So ask yourself if you can get 75 horns in 2 days I suppose.

Edit: Closer to 8mill per weaponskill doing 30 coins, 100 die, 100 residue.

Well i only have had time to play 1 to 2 hours a day about i just finished 75 draguas and that took a while and that path is a lot easier so i think 8mil or so seems easier based on what you told me. Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-01-24 12:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Catlord said: »
The NMs for WoE version can be done in 2 days.
Not all magian NM's were revised to 15 minute repop. I started on dagger for my mules. Nucwtv weapon was done in about an hour. Then I moved to that stupid Bat, I never got 2 in 1 night, and there were 4 nights I didnt even see it pop, so thats 7 hours. Then Serra, that took around 90 minutes per repop, so another 5 hours (including travel time). I then went to Bugbear, 16 min repop on PH, after 2 hours of not seeing NM, I decided to just buy the extra coins/resi/dice and go for the shortcut.

I just checked, Katana's NM's arent any nicer.
By Ehleni 2014-01-25 06:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I also got the tip from an friend that the login campaign that is currently active has coins, devious die and liminal residue. 500 points for a sack of coins, 1000 for devious dice and 2000 for liminal. I tried the devious die since he said it has the worst drop rate. For 2000 points I got 30 dies.

Seems like that path is much easier, but I'm guessing damage wise a kannagi at max level has higher damage since it has aftermath etc. But still if I can manage to get a WS that gives 5-6k damage in abby for minimal work i'd be satisfied hehe.

Thanks for the tips!
By Ravenn42 2014-01-25 08:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehleni said: »
I also got the tip from an friend that the login campaign that is currently active has coins, devious die and liminal residue. 500 points for a sack of coins, 1000 for devious dice and 2000 for liminal. I tried the devious die since he said it has the worst drop rate. For 2000 points I got 30 dies.

Seems like that path is much easier, but I'm guessing damage wise a kannagi at max level has higher damage since it has aftermath etc. But still if I can manage to get a WS that gives 5-6k damage in abby for minimal work i'd be satisfied hehe.

Thanks for the tips!

I did not see that on the reward list at all. If that was the case why prices have not dropped yet?
 Ragnarok.Achira
Server: Ragnarok
user: Achira
By Ragnarok.Achira 2014-01-25 08:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »

I did not see that on the reward list at all. If that was the case why prices have not dropped yet?

You probably haven't seen the prices drop yet because it's 2k points for a frayed sack of liminal residue, which means the prices won't have to drop.

May see a drop in coin prices, but devious dice will probably not go back to the 5-10k they were when no one really had a use for them.