Rdm (Battle Mage)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rdm (Battle Mage)
Rdm (Battle Mage)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 04:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 317799

!
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-01 06:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
That's what I was saying. I remember when back in the day I moved from Bahamut to Alexander back in 2005-2006 and seeing people's eyes bulge out and receiving tenth's of /tell's asking me how do I do it.

As for now. It would be nice to solo Salvage2, etc... just to get that old feel back.

Also my Excalibur is still level 75, so I got alot of work to do.
It is awesome having people genuinely surprised you do well on the job after so many people make it sound completely worthless.

For solo Salvage ARII is fairly easy, only problems I have had personally are the Ramparts filled with gears, unless you bring a PDT set and Beatific Shield just for that room they are a real pain.

At least ya got the Excalibur to work with, just gotta get it to 119 and you're golden, I would have my own to 119 but I hate Plutons prices and not a lot of people are willing to sell at 150k. : /
By Ophannus 2014-01-01 17:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wall's animation is like a protect animation, small pause then a shell animation. First a blue prism then a purple prism. The sound/animations is different from any other pro/shell animation though.

A unique way to make Wall would be this: When Wall is cast, the recipient has a 5-20% chance to absorb Physical damage as HP and absorb Magic damage as MP. Long recast like 1:30 or 3:00, can cast on party members.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-01 17:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

absorb puts rdm back on pld's heels if they ever get a decent shield, I'd rather wall worked more like mighty guard with a decaying def/mdt/elemental resist and chance to redirect part of the damage it mitigates back to the target.
By volkom 2014-01-01 18:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

would suppanomimi + brutal earring be better? (just curious)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-01 18:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

would suppanomimi + brutal earring be better? (just curious)

It depends on the target, but generally speaking suppa/brutal is still top for dual wielding.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2014-01-01 18:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better on trash unless you have AM3.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-01 18:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Your value of DW and haste matters also.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-01 19:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I doing something wrong on the sheets then? I couldn't get those earrings to come out on top of Brutal/Suppa without AM3, under AM3 they won which I assumed was due to how OAT stuff works, and DA would have some effect on that I thought.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2014-01-01 19:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot answer that question without knowing what buffs you're assuming.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-01-01 19:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo on Delve Mobs with full RDM buffs, solo in Dynamic on DC with full RDM buffs, and Tojil with Min*2/March*2, Chaos/Fighters/Rogues, and then -53% DEF from Angon/Dia III/Light Shot/GEO while using RCBs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-02-12 19:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

beatific shield worth anything or solo?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [152 days between previous and next post]
By Anjou 2014-07-14 12:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Usonmuku be the best off hand to Buramenkah or would Egeking be better for solo situations?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 12:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Uson would be the better mainhand for damage, the question is more about what you are fighting. Will the enhancements on Egeking outweigh the extra damage from offhanding Buramenk'ah/Uson? More than likely, your best bet for RDM/NIN is 119 Excal with STR Uson offhand for damage.
By Anjou 2014-07-14 16:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah kk I don't have excalibur so i was wondering what the best combination would be outside of that. I'm curious about the phalanx +2 on the egeking but Uson/Buramenkah does seem to be the better combo for dps. Also for things like wkr, AA solo and delve nms would Chant be better or would req still come up on top?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-14 16:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anjou said: »
Ah kk I don't have excalibur so i was wondering what the best combination would be outside of that. I'm curious about the phalanx +2 on the egeking but Uson/Buramenkah does seem to be the better combo for dps. Also for things like wkr, AA solo and delve nms would Chant be better or would req still come up on top?

having both Req and CDC is prob your best bet.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 16:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalanx +2 is literally +2, so if a capped phalanx does -41 dmg (not sure if that's the actual cap) with that sword it would do -43 dmg, that's not insignificant by any means, but prolonging a particular fight will likely result in more damage taken over time, even if you're taking slightly less per hit. It really depends on what you're trying to do, nobody brings RDM to melee on anything that matters, so you're probably ripping up fodder for fun or soloing something pretty hard. If you're doing fodder, go for dmg, if you're going solo survival, you probably still want to aim for dmg, lol.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-07-14 17:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC seems likt it's almost always the best WS to go with. Sadly after the WS update CDC's 80% DEX Mod just destroys Req by compare, before CDC won in the majority of situations on mobs with any real DEF but now, CDC wins on almost everything. The only mobs I've fought as of late that CDC lost on were Dynamis mobs, anything level 100+ besides normal fodder mobs in Ceizak it seems like CDC beats it.

Req still has it's uses, having both is still a great thing to do. But in general the only times you'll use Req is when the mob is either far below your level, or you'll be fighting something with -PDT.

As for weapon selection, so far as I know it goes...

Mainhand: Murgleis(if you can use AM3) > Excalibur > Uson > Buramenk'ah > Egeking.

Offhand: Mandau > OAT Dagger(if you've enough Accuracy) > Buramenk'ah > Uson > Egeking.

Edit: Yeah sorry about that, messed those two up. >_<;
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-14 19:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i fail to see how buramenk'ah is better than uson for mainhand with it having basically identical stats but higher base damage.
 Carbuncle.Galaga
Server: Carbuncle
user: Galaga
By Carbuncle.Galaga 2014-07-16 08:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Almace compare to those now that CDC has been adjusted?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-16 09:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Galaga said: »
How does Almace compare to those now that CDC has been adjusted?

Pretty poorly, actually. Base damage is just too low.
 Carbuncle.Galaga
By Carbuncle.Galaga 2014-07-16 19:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps this is a good place to ask this:

When using the DPS spreadsheet to compare Almace vs one of the Adoulin swords in main hand, are you supposed to set the line 23 ODD Rate (main hand) field to 30%?
By Sieha1 2014-07-16 21:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

what level of Almace, 85 90?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-16 21:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't used the newer versions of moes sheets, but you used to put in 30% for AM1. Relic odd is built in though
 Carbuncle.Galaga
By Carbuncle.Galaga 2014-07-17 11:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm talking about Almace 119. Almace 119/Uson looks like better than Uson/Bura but only when I set the 30% field. Given the ideal condition of being under AM1 all the time.

I don't have all of the new BC fights drops nor a relic or mythic but have most everything else. I guess then when I can utilize aftermath Almace/Uson is good and then Uson/Bura otherwise?

Thanks for the help
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2014-08-15 16:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For strictly salvage II solo farming, what would be the best way to go? -- RDM/WHM (sword/shield)? RDM/BLM (nuking)? RDM/DNCorNIN? thanks!
 Siren.Ulicaura
Server: Siren
user: danblend
By Siren.Ulicaura 2014-08-16 15:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all!

I have a question for RDM melee gearswap users:

Is it possible to set a mode to stick just with your sword so you a) don't lose TP every time you cast something and b) don't lose TP every time you disengage.

For clarity's sake, I am currently using the standard issue motenten RDM file with my own gearsets added in - apologies if there's already functionality for this in there and I've missed how to use it properly!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-16 15:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

//gs disable main
//gs disable sub

I don't think there's a command/toggle in Mote's file to lock in a melee mode, but if you equip your desired main/sub combo then using those commands will disable changing of those slots.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-08-16 15:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's anything like the other mage ones, you probably hit F9 to change TP mode from "None" to "Normal."
 Siren.Ulicaura
Server: Siren
user: danblend
By Siren.Ulicaura 2014-08-16 15:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
//gs disable main
//gs disable sub

I don't think there's a command/toggle in Mote's file to lock in a melee mode, but if you equip your desired main/sub combo then using those commands will disable changing of those slots.

You're a star, thank you!

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
If it's anything like the other mage ones, you probably hit F9 to change TP mode from "None" to "Normal."

There is an offense mode toggle on F9, but for some reason, it's not working for me and I can't really understand it. Fortunately the above solution solves it anyway :)