Dynamis Farming since "Incredibly Easy Prey"
First Page 2 3
 Diabolos.Prodigy
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2013-12-22 13:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys - I noticed that I can't seem to get more than 2 currencies per kill in Dynamis-Valk now since the implementation of "Incredibly Easy Prey".

Anyone else notice this? I just did an entire run and never saw more than 2. Everything checks as "incredibly easy" so it didnt seem to matter what I chose to fight. Always got singles or doubles even with Stagger on Thief. I was going to say it could just be bad luck, but an entire run on Thief without seeing more than a double drop seems suspect.

Is something up with the drop rate since they added the new check level? Seems like drop rate went down, lame.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jeubond 2013-12-22 14:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Prodigy,
I'm assuming you have a map ? Soon as you zone in use the Outpost as your imaginary North to South line & for Dyna Valkurm as a very rough rule of thumb any mobs, including Beastmen, on the West side [right of OP as u zone in] of the map will be DC mobs, those in the East side [left of OP] Easy.
I tend to find if I do the JA mobs I get 3-4 drops per proc kill off the DC mobs with just 1 drop if I don't proc.
I don't even bother with the Easy prey as I find even with a proc, like you find I'm lucky to get 2 drops per kill.
Make sure you get all 5 TE's, TE20 will always be in the West/Right side.
Good luck & I hope this helps improve your haul, I usually go Mnk/Dnc & make around 200+ a session, I know others make a lot more but I'm happy with this & do it at a very relaxed pace, try doing the Sabotenders but be ready to Violent Flourish 2000 needles, it hurts :)
By Elazar1 2013-12-22 14:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You are missing something because I pull around 450 doing EP in bubu as thf. You using treasure hunter gear at all? Getting all 5 tes
 Diabolos.Prodigy
Server: Diabolos
user: Prodigy
By Diabolos.Prodigy 2013-12-22 15:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks - i must have just had a brain fart and missed a TE or something. Weird, been doing it for a long time now lol.
By macsdf1 2013-12-22 15:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

easy to tell when you proc, it should be red colored, or white hehahaha. if your procs are yellow you're missing one.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-12-22 23:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
You are missing something because I pull around 450 doing EP in bubu as thf. You using treasure hunter gear at all? Getting all 5 tes

How are you getting 450 on easy prey? Since ilvl gear, an EP camp doesn't sustain me on dnc or pup. I moved to DCs, and average 300-350 currency (368 the other night was my best run).

EPs will very often die before they are proc'ced.
By Wordspoken 2013-12-23 00:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

EPs will very often die before they are proc'ced.
When hp is around <30% or so, grab a tp mob or two (or three) while going over procs. Never should miss a proc really.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-12-23 01:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
easy to tell when you proc, it should be red colored, or white hehahaha. if your procs are yellow you're missing one.

In fairness, when I came back to abyssea and dynamis, I could never tell when something proc'd. (well except for red, because it would be statue). I'm sure my friends thought I was blind. Turns out staggers are covered under Monster->Monster in config. If you have that turned off, you won't see staggers.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-12-23 01:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The easy mobs ain't good anymore. I have soloed buburimu on and off for the past couple of years, and it was always better to farm EPs til just recently. I do it on Beastmaster with Kerehcatl/Ridill because using my Hunuhpu would just kill them far too easily. It has gotten to the point where I need to severely back off from killing a mob just so I can proc, and even then sometimes they will outright refuse.

On decent challenge mobs, they proc the majority of the time, and are much more consistent with the drop rate, as well as hand out forgotten items to sell. Also.. I ain't slow by any means, just recently broke the 280 singles mark, no idea how someone can get over 300 nevermind the crazy numbers posted above...

... What the hell am I doing wrong? I can't spam my abilities any quicker? I think the above numbers were done with someone dual/multiboxing or something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-23 03:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

450 probably includes a 100c or two. I used to multi-box dyna and the best I've done is around 420 with no 100c. I'd be highly impressed if anyone do better than that while single boxing. After a point, it doesn't matter how fast you kill, it just matters how quickly you can proc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-12-23 06:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
450 probably includes a 100c or two. I used to multi-box dyna and the best I've done is around 420 with no 100c. I'd be highly impressed if anyone do better than that while single boxing. After a point, it doesn't matter how fast you kill, it just matters how quickly you can proc.
I have gotten well above 500 when dual boxing without any 100 proc.

To be honest, anything under 500 when dual boxing is what impress me, it requires some heavy inefficiency.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-12-23 07:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I have gotten well above 500 when dual boxing without any 100 proc. To be honest, anything under 500 when dual boxing is what impress me, it requires some heavy inefficiency.

Or really terrible luck with staggers.

I can go anywhere from 350 to 550 depend solely upon stagger rate.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-12-23 07:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, but the average is still well over 500 when dual boxing, especially if you have good gear and very good coordination.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-12-23 07:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, but the average is still well over 500 when dual boxing, especially if you have good gear and very good coordination.

I'd put it more in the 450 range, but it depends on what jobs I've elected to take.

Generally I prefer dual dnc/---, as it generally nets over 500 as long as I get at least one white proc, but that is admittedly the hardest to coordinate and as I don't automate anything, it can be tedious. And if you get unlucky and don't get a white proc or two it seriously hurts the end result.

thf/dnc + brd works well for me (macro songs/haste/cures on Gkeys) and will easily net ~450 as long as you don't hit more than one or two proc lulls.

But it's really not hard for a run to dip to the ~400 (or lower!) range if you get anyone coming into the area you're in or if you hit a bad patch of procs more than once or twice.
By Ravenn42 2013-12-23 07:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone made a you tube video of these 400 to 500 a run numbers? I would love to see the strategy for myself 280 to 300 is my tops solo thats no competition very fast nikes on and some luck. Would be nice to cut down some farming time.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-12-23 07:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
Has anyone made a you tube video of these 400 to 500 a run numbers? I would love to see the strategy for myself 280 to 300 is my tops solo thats no competition very fast nikes on and some luck. Would be nice to cut down some farming time.

Are you two boxing?

My limit solo was around what you're reporting there.

And any time I get some asshat coming in and competing for mobs after I've already established myself in an area, I discount that run total because having an entire area of mobs to yourself is of paramount importance in maximizing your run.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-12-23 08:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing that many single-boxing would suggest to me a 100 piece. I would love to see a video of someone getting that much currency on a single character. An ideal run I could buy getting around 400, max. As you say, you become proc-limited before you become kill speed-limited.
By Jeubond 2013-12-23 08:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it should be pointed out to any new or returning players that although Dynamis may now look like a walk in the park with all our shiny new weapons & gear things can still on occasion go very horribly wrong very quickly & you should never think that you are invincible !
Some of the DC mobs can ko the unwary & a DC Smn with AF sometimes 1-shot if you are not at full hp.
Have your Jig drop in the middle of a DC beastmen area & have 3-4 on you it can soon go ***-up, make sure you always go for any mage-type mobs with hate on you if this happens, it only takes 2 Fire IV/Firaga III to lose you up to 1k in hp in the same time you can manage only 1 curing waltz. There is also Bio II & Para to think about, nothing worse than being para'd, going to try to cure only to see in the log "You are paralysed" & discover your waltz timer has reset as a result.
Learn where all the TE's are in your zone, work out what currency you want & try to ensure you get 1-2 full periods on them.
Main thing though . . . have fun & enjoy yourself ! :)
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-12-23 08:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Doing that many single-boxing would suggest to me a 100 piece. I would love to see a video of someone getting that much currency on a single character. An ideal run I could buy getting around 400, max. As you say, you become proc-limited before you become kill speed-limited.

Pretty sure both Sennky and I are talking two-boxed.

Like I said. Solo I would get 250-280 average, iirc. It's been a long time since I went solo, though. (As in, WELL before SoA)
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-12-23 08:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, two-boxing isn't really comparable then. I usually duo with DNC/THF and PUP/THF, but that's two actual players, and obviously we can break 600 pretty easily... haven't broken 700 yet, and I blame that on a wait for respawns on the JA > WS time switch.

Jeubond said: »
I think it should be pointed out to any new or returning players that although Dynamis may now look like a walk in the park with all our shiny new weapons & gear things can still on occasion go very horribly wrong very quickly & you should never think that you are invincible !
Some of the DC mobs can ko the unwary & a DC Smn with AF sometimes 1-shot if you are not at full hp.
Have your Jig drop in the middle of a DC beastmen area & have 3-4 on you it can soon go ***-up, make sure you always go for any mage-type mobs with hate on you if this happens, it only takes 2 Fire IV/Firaga III to lose you up to 1k in hp in the same time you can manage only 1 curing waltz. There is also Bio II & Para to think about, nothing worse than being para'd, going to try to cure only to see in the log "You are paralysed" & discover your waltz timer has reset as a result.
Learn where all the TE's are in your zone, work out what currency you want & try to ensure you get 1-2 full periods on them.
Main thing though . . . have fun & enjoy yourself ! :)

I died a couple of days ago for the first time in SoA gear. It takes extraordinary bad luck for this to happen, however- I got a high HP Mijin Gakure in addition to 2 other DC mobs beating on me. BLM and RDM can definitely still be dangerous, though, especially on non-PUP farmers without Shell V; BST with bird pet for PUP because of Silencega (need to remove fast with Maintenance).
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-12-23 08:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

With going full third party and automating something, I don't see how I could two box any more efficiently at this point unless I just split up the two characters. But I'm not doing four hours of Dynamis per day -- I don't even have time every day to do two hours anymore -- and I'm certainly not going to try to two box two different areas/zones at once. @.@;

Edit: As for dying/etc., it's not hard to do if you don't pay enough attention. Mostly when getting extensions. Quadav and Yagudo love to have black mages and summoners chill around extensions, it seems.
 Odin.Korebin
Server: Odin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2013-12-23 08:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still new to the whole proc. mob thing I'm doing ok with the red staggers but whats the best way to get the white proc?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-12-23 09:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I average above 700 with a second real player (we reached 900 on numerous occasions back in the days when I got Namas and arrowed anything in sight, literally, no 100 involved). I don't use anything special other than the basic windower macros when two boxing or playing with my friend. Just massive alt tab.

There is no secret tbh, procs will be bad from a run to another but what really matters is your average. The better your damage output/timer riding is, the higher your average will be.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-12-23 09:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The better your damage output/timer riding is, the higher your average will be.

I find this questionable.

Are you killing mobs during weapon skill times and just killing them non-stop without worrying about procs? Damage/output is not the problem in me getting more currency. I can clear out any mob type I care to with just myself and my mule.

I "ride timers" constantly, even two-boxing dual dancers, and I don't see a 500+ true average. I will get 500+ at times, but my true average is lower.

Kill speed is not the issue. It's getting mobs staggered that holds up kills.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-12-23 09:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Korebin said: »
I'm still new to the whole proc. mob thing I'm doing ok with the red staggers but whats the best way to get the white proc?

Be lucky.

You've got to be subjobless, so really you only get white procs when you're dancer main. Obviously you can do it on any job, but dancer's going to be the only one with a shot while still getting any respectable currency otherwise.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-12-23 10:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The only "key", which is pretty obvious, is finding the balance between kill speed and proc %. If you spend more than X seconds on a mob, it's not worth it, better rush the next one.

Picking camp based on the fact that they are near a second family that can be easily proced following the same formula is also key in making your average higher (priority goes JA > WS).

Stuff like that. I don't go the DNC way, I have literally never gotten a single 100 in over 1000 Dynamis.
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-12-23 10:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do y'all sit and hold mobs til you proc them, or just murder them down while using the procs available to you during the window of time it takes to kill them?

I've been averaging about 300ish solo by proccing every mob (even if I kill about half the mobs that way because I'm holding stuff).
 Odin.Korebin
Server: Odin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2013-12-23 10:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Be lucky.

You've got to be subjobless, so really you only get white procs when you're dancer main. Obviously you can do it on any job, but dancer's going to be the only one with a shot while still getting any respectable currency otherwise.
This is what I cant figure out! How do you go in subjobless? Or is that just an expression meaning that most of the procures need to come from main JA?
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-12-23 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Be lucky.

This is what I cant figure out! How do you go in subjobless? Or is that just an expression meaning that most of the procures need to come from main JA?

Dreamlands dynamis only, it gives you an options of "Subjob locked' or "Subjob unlocked" when you enter.
First Page 2 3